Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Antimatter?

CyberNeo

Question

9 answers to this question

Something with good accuracy and decent rate of fire is usually good. For example, all throwing knives can fit in there. Acrid is also a good weapon to use. Another idea would be Flux Rifle, since it has decent-enough range that it will put in enough damage before the Drop gets out of the laser's range.

My guess would be a pimped Soma (high damage potential and a huge mag). Or something as accurate/high-DPS, like Snipetron Vandal, Dera, Flux Rifle or Synapse (last one mentioned is not as accurate, but has higher base damage than Flux), since charging an antimatter drop is just popping a small ball full of lead/laz0rs/plasma/beams of hatered etc. Huge mag capacity is a plus.

i've heard ones like bolto / boltor aren't as good tho, due to their bullet type. this will likely be even more-so true after armor 2.0 is implemented.

idr the details, but something along the lines of their armor-ignore has reduced effect when stacked with / used on AMD...

i could be wrong, but that's what i've heard. i haven't used nova as much lately, been using EP for higher survivability in my mad drop farming lately.

(grineer for rage mods, nova's too squishy)

The best weapons I've found to use are either Flux rifle/Synapse or to a lesser extent the Grakata and Soma. Due to their high rate of fire, accuracy and crit rate (not the flux) I've got the best results out of these 4, synapse can be greatly increased by using a volt shield for red crits; if one is available.

Not really tested out the secondary weapons but my best guess would have to be the Acrid.

Acrid is pretty bad for Charging up the Drop compared to a lot of other things.
Throwing weapons or the new Ballistica would be good secondaries to power it up.

Most of the Acrid's damage comes from the Stacking dot that is 75% of its normal damage every second for 4 seconds.

This Dot does not apply to the Drop, You'd only be hitting it for base damage, Since the drop is unable to be hit with the debuff.

Soma though is undoubtedly the best because of its decent aimed accuracy, high-clip, massive damage when crit built, and rediculous fire rate.

Crit's carry into the Drop' damage, unlike the Acrid's dot.