Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if void damage procs did the opposite of sentient adaptation??

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Just an idea I had spring up about how to improve void damage. As we all know, its only Important use is removing sentient adaptation, but what if when used against normal enemies it did the opposite? Proc-ing a Void status effect would cause the target to take increased damage (scaling with void proc count to a max of 10 procs, and a 45-110% increase at max) from the next 2/3 damage types  applied to a target. Not only would such a change fit thematically but it would also be a strong effect that would be worthy of its difficulty to reliably obtain. 

Imo, it should have as a status proc a small instant burst of finisher damage (like 25% of the damage that created it?) in a small AoE (maybe 4 meters). After all, the void is exactly that- pure emptiness. Even in the new lore it causes objects to just get... deleted. It would make sense if it bypassed all defenses, and having it as a viable option (rip Gas) to provide the AoE property to any gun would make Xaku quite valuable.

45 minutes ago, Raikh said:

Wouldn't that just be a worse viral effect for the most part?

I mean that would still be pwoerful if it stacked with viral on top but it doesn't seem super exciting given the choice.

One big difference is that viral is purely bonus damage to health, whereas this change would be bonus to any damage type applied. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

One big difference is that viral is purely bonus damage to health, whereas this change would be bonus to any damage type applied. 

Bonus to say corrosive dmg would not nearly be as strong as say 10 viral procs, but its still a net gain, and would add a significant boost, making it a good contender thats built it is what i think you're going for

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

Yeah, but your average wepaon won't be 90%+ of one damage type. If always your highest damage type was increased and you have like double 60 elements then only a bit voer half of your damage would be affected by the proposed void proc.

Viral affects everything except shields.

So in all likeliness void would need to provide a HUGE multiplier to come close to viral, especially as viral also buffs slash procs, whereas void would largely buff that one element on your weapon which mgiht not even make up for the largest portion fo your damage in reality. Might be a bit mroe itneresting if it affected abiltiy damage though.

It would certainly not be the worst proc out there but it would likely be quite far away from providing a highly desired status effect.

3 minutes ago, Raikh said:

Yeah, but your average wepaon won't be 90%+ of one damage type. If always your highest damage type was increased and you have like double 60 elements then only a bit voer half of your damage would be affected by the proposed void proc.

Thats why I suggested it buffs the first 2-3 damages applied, like how sentients resist up to 3 damage types dealt to them

So in all likeliness void would need to provide a HUGE multiplier to come close to viral, especially as viral also buffs slash procs, whereas void would largely buff that one element on your weapon which mgiht not even make up for the largest portion fo your damage in reality. Might be a bit mroe itneresting if it affected abiltiy damage though.

Except this example of A void status would increase both the viral AND slash damage dealt

It would certainly not be the worst proc out there but it would likely be quite far away from providing a highly desired status effect.

You'd have to add a Proc and damage type that doesn't screw with Eidolons while still being desirable and effective.

Why not make it more supportive?

I'd make the damage purely neutral to everything, but enemies affected by the Proc would generate extra Ammo, Health Orbs and the like if they're killed during the Proc. The more procs you get, the higher the chance you'll get extra items and other materials like loot or Mods.

Then just remove the bullet-tracker thing and I'm sure it'd be a welcome addition.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

Except this example of A void status would increase both the viral AND slash damage dealt

Slash and Bleed are different damage types though. Slash is slash damage and the Bleed proc is true damage. So, lets say it was 3 dmaage types affected, then unless you had a weapon dealing only 2 damage types you wouldn't get the slash proc to benefit, as you usually have atleats 1 element + IPS. NAd the slahs damage itself is fairly irrelevant, especially against armored targets.

If true damage was even allowed to be amplified by void. It would likely need to be forced by finishers if it was to work. Which would be highly specific and likely impractical for general use.

The more I think about it, the proc would be quite complex and difficult to evaluate in a lot of situations, not necessarily a problem, but it would take some time to figure out how good it actually is or if it could manage to shift what elements are used if it provided enough damage amplification.

That sounds like Viral.

How about, Void increases CC and SC of received attacks. Maybe making enemies immune to Status, able to be Status'd during Voids duration 

Example, weapon has 10 percent critical chance, 10 percent status chance. The target has 10 stacks of Void, increasing CC and SC by 425 percent (or whatever, same number used for Viral and Magnetic) weapon becomes 42.5 percent for CC and SC. Or maybe make it an addictive flat percentage, whatever 

Some ideas for the status effect.

1. A combination of some current status effects but at half of their normal effects : +12.5% damage to health and shields, +3% armor reduction (multiplicative to prevent overstrip with corrosive builds), +5% parazon finisher chance, damage overtime, stagger, +25% friendly fire damage, confusion. The Debuff is capped at 10, but DoT status stacks infinitely. Likely will need 2 different status effect for Void debuff and Damage overtime for it to work. Maybe name the debuff “Void Corruption” and damage overtime to “Void Poisoning” ?

2. Amplify the status effects that affect the target up by additional 50% at max stacks.

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That sounds 100% pointless. Xaku already has the ability to make enemies confused.

Void damage being neutral doesn't help anything either.

50% pointless sure making it neutral does help cause cloned flesh and Fossilized have void resistance for some reason. I'm not thinking about Xaku when making that idea I was mainly thinking of operators.

Xaku shouldn't have gotten the void damage ability at all but someone suggested that ability. I'm just hoping they scrap them and get new abilities in the workshop they're planning to do with Xaku

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

50% pointless sure making it neutral does help cause cloned flesh and Fossilized have void resistance for some reason. I'm not thinking about Xaku when making that idea I was mainly thinking of operators.

Xaku shouldn't have gotten the void damage ability at all but someone suggested that ability. I'm just hoping they scrap them and get new abilities in the workshop they're planning to do with Xaku

Making it neutral makes it less horrible, but still pointless to use. There is no advantage to having Void damage on your weapons at the moment apart from the fact it resets Sentient resistances and those enemies are not part of the common content. So all its really useful for is for making Xaku glow a bit brighter.

Instead of getting rid of his Void Damage ability, I would say that this is the perfect opportunity for DE to finally rework the status itself. Like it makes enemies take an extra 25% damage from all sources or something. That would make the Void status affect better and Xaku's first ability worth using.

Archived