Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireblast has random, inconsistent blind spots

Chaincat

Ember's 3rd and subsumable ability, Fireblast, for some reason has random, inconsistent blind spots. In the Ballroom simulacrum, standing in the middle of 20 bombards, with the ability subsumed onto Nezha, it takes 7 casts to strip all armor with at least neutral (100%) power strength. Using Nezha's Divine Spears to ensure the enemies do not move from where they stand, I used Fireblast 7 times and several bombards still had armor, requiring 1 or 2 additional fireblasts to fully strip armor. This is the easiest way I have found to reproduce the blind spots glitch. An alternative is to simply cast the ability against the crowd of grineer and see if any are still standing, but this makes testing tedious. The Fireblast does hit all of the Bombards, but it simply passes over them sometimes. In a further test, I used spears to hold them in place and cast fireblast from the center of them and looked to make sure they were all on fire. One time, one was not on fire after the fireblast, and was for all 6 other times. This blind spot happens seemingly at random and inconsistently, and can happen in normal missions, which is especially frustrating in long endurance missions, and especially against steel path Grineer, as armor stripping is a core component of Ember's strength, both in solo and team play.

I believe this bug is related to Fireblast being a line of sight ability, or has something to do with the camera. It seemingly never happens to enemies that are on screen, only ever enemies that were off screen. It may be the game is incorrectly reading enemies as blocking line of sight sometimes, causing some enemies to not get hit, while others in similar situations are hit.

Archived