Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Mercy Finishers Should Take Precedence Over Stuns

Kontrollo

TL;DR:

• Parazon Mercy Finishers are by design already heavily conditional
  • Stuns from Electricity and Heat procs -- and possibly other animations -- prevent me from doing a Parazon Mercy Finisher on a target
  • => Please make it so Parazon Finishers can always be used on eligible targets, and maybe improve them in other ways, as well

Recently, I've been asking myself if there's a way to make Impact procs useful. So I've been playing around with Gorgons, and they're ideally suited for a certain combo: Impact Procs to trigger Parazon Finishers to replenish the magazine of the gun with Blood For Ammo. The idea here is -- especially with Gorgon Wraith -- to improve the mediocre perfomance (low-ish damage, high ammo consumption, Impact heavy damage distribution) by focussing on high status chance and capitalising on the accumulating Impact procs. Which would mean free ammo and less time wasted on reloading (Parazon vs. Gorgons' high reload animation time).

Sadly, in reality that doesn't quite work out. If the target gets stunned by a Heat or Electricity proc (and possibly other animations), it's impossible to use the Parazon until that wears off. Not only do you have to wait in proximity of an enemy -- which is usually quite exposed -- very often they also have some DoT on them (Heat, Electricity, Slash) which kills them before you can use the Finisher.

Example:

Spoiler

It's not that easy to show in a screenshot, but here's I played with a Prisma Gorgon against a Grineer who would be open to a Parazon Finisher, but he has several DoT procs on him (Electricty, Slash from Hunter Munitions). Because he was stunned by an Electricity proc, it was impossible to replenish the magazine of the gun before he died,

CuoSCxP.jpeg

Note: even if it were possible to use the Parazon Finisher in all circumstances, it's still a lackluster move in general gameplay:

• Triggers only on very low health
  • Trigger is random
  • Even when actively trying to perform these, "overkill damage" and DoTs often kill a target before one can reach them and do the Finisher
  • Relatively high animation time which could be used to kill more enemies
  • Enemies stop targetting you, but it's still possible to die during the animation
  • Requires very close range to the target
  • Doesn't work on all enemy types, anyway

• 10 months later...

Bumping this because I noticed that the Parazon rework didn't address it.

In the following screenshot, notice the absence of the 'Mercy' tooltip, which appears on eligible enemies in addition to the overhead marker:

39TlQfH.png

It's because that Corrupted Heavy Gunner is in the on-fire animation, and it's not the only one preventing Parazon finishers. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-07-13 at 3:52 AM, Kontrollo said:

It's because that Corrupted Heavy Gunner is in the on-fire animation, and it's not the only one preventing Parazon finishers. 

Despite the fact that we got a Parazon rework, this is still an issue.

Archived