Mega Warframes - Endgame idea

So I had this idea while fighting Eidolons. They are big, warframes are small. Now, imagine if each Warframe had it's own "Mega" variant which would be half the size of an eidolon. It would be a deployable "vehicle" that your warframe can enter and exit which can be used in open world maps and some sentient tilesets. Every warframe can enter any Mega variant, but having the correct one makes the Mega variant receive 10% more stats and an extra ability. 

Aesthetic wise, it is essentially a giant, mechanized (think of that giant worm from that quest) variant of an existing warframe, 

Ability wise, these Mega Warframes would have the same abilities as the prime warframes they're based on, but on a larger scale. There would only be three abilities - offensive, defensive and special which is available only when a correct frame enters the mega-variant. Weapon-wise, they'd have Railjack weapons available to use.

Power wise, the Mega Warframe would have base stats which can be enhanced through Operator's transference strength. Fast, Slow, Tank, Support, DPS would depend on Operator's Focus Schools.

Distribution: These variants would be treated as a "Prime" warframe, meaning not all warframes will get their Mega variant soon, but would be a part of "Prime Access" or a similar thing. Their parts could be obtained in special relics.

Potential problems and solutions

Spoiler

*But how would you store, say, 40 of these mega-warframes? It's unrealistic to collect them!* <- This depends on Orbiter's true size. I see it as it currently has no problem holding millions of resources, it must be pretty huge.

*But these mega warframes are not needed!* <- Right now, that's kinda true, but remember the size of the sentients encountered in operation scarlet spear, the eidolons, the ropalolyst, the huge sentient remains in plains of eidolon... I think the sentients are huge, and it seems so far the ones encountered are nothing but drones and scouts. DE will obviously expand the sentients, and currently they come bigger and bigger. You don't send a mouse to defeat a cat.

*But there's already the Necramech!* <- True, but Necramech is quite a limited type that doesn't allow much variety. Warframe will run out of prime frames eventually and I think Mega Warframes would feel like a natural upgrade aka "ultimate mode" of a warframe.

Lore

Spoiler

Due to the newer sentinel models becoming bigger and bigger, as a response, the Orokin decided to develop Mega Warframes in order to counter them. the Mega Warframes project was going to be the ultimate orokin response to the growing sentient threat.

Based on Necramech technology, The Orokin wanted to create an ultimate weapons platform that can benefit from existing Warframe technology. Unlike the Necramech design, the Mega Warframes can directly access Warframe's powers, in combination with their own. Most of the Mega Warframe designs never made it to the prototype stage, but the orokin have stored their blueprints across the research ships in encrypted data crystals. 

P.S. Mega Warframes name is not official. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Vanythe
  • Like 1
  • Vanythe changed the title to Mega Warframes - Endgame idea

You call it 'End game' but people will get it, max it and tire of it,

If it takes any substantial time or resource investment then people who don't get it instantly will raise hell.

And when the dust settles you will hear a familiar refrain, that there is still no end game.

• Like 8

Cool ideas are fun to read, but it's important to really think about if every idea fits within the framework and limitations of the game. Studios can only do so much with their limited resources and time as well as working on their own actual projects. 

on another note, it sounds interesting and therefore would no doubt suck, it would suck because it would get all the loving care and attention of railjack and archwing, in other words, bare minimum, hollow, pointless, then later once completed would remain empty.

Edited by Methanoid
1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

maybe warframes need a beast master spec for bestial wrath?

to be honest all i want is for them to add better means for us to direct pets better, like some sort of button to make them go where we want or attack what we want, just as simple as that

Just now, Toppien said:

to be honest all i want is for them to add better means for us to direct pets better, like some sort of button to make them go where we want or attack what we want, just as simple as that

could be useful when not traversing the map by bullet jumping or dashing at mach12.

5 hours ago, Methanoid said:

latest?cb=20140225203004

Yes please!

5 hours ago, Methanoid said:

on another note, it sounds interesting and therefore would no doubt suck, it would suck because it would get all the loving care and attention of railjack and archwing, in other words, bare minimum, hollow, pointless, then later once completed would remain empty.

That's... slightly discouraging. XD

5 hours ago, lukasystem said:

You mean like this?

fight spinning GIF

Ragdoll Eidolons huh?

After 3 years of EIDOLON BIG, yes, so much yes. That + a grineer yelling "Over Klegra!" before the eidolon falls on him. lol

9 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

That just sounds like someone's fantasy more than actual content tbh

Yup! Anything wrong with that? I always post ideas, I know none will most likely be even noticed but hey, I try to contribute!