Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Developer Livestream Q&a: February 27Th

That felt rather hectic and random, can't say I enjoyed it too much. Everyone was just spamming in the chat and Rebecca choosing a couple that catches her eye. Couldn't be helped I suppose. Sorry to be "that person".

I was hoping to hear more about customisation and genderswap :/

Edited by CapricaSix

Lore.

Orokin tower as a dojo.

More ninja moves.

Stealth kill.

Pet.

I'm so sleepy, will comment more tomorrow. Good Q&A session guys.

That felt rather hectic and random, can't say I enjoyed it too much. Everyone was just spamming in the chat and Rebecca choosing a couple that catches her eye. Couldn't be helped I suppose. Sorry to be "that person".

I was thinking the same thing, but really there is little you can do about it. However, they did have slow chat on, which made things a lot less hectic than say, those popular streams of people watching league of legends.

I enjoyed the stream for sure, and I look forward to the next one, though I hope they put aside more time for community questions.

PS you need to get working on those body skins. Tuxedo is the best idea.

We went quite in depth on genderswap, hopefully you can catch it on the saved broadcast!

We went quite in depth on genderswap, hopefully you can catch it on the saved broadcast!

Seems I missed that bit, the stream was lagging too much for some reason. However I did get a reply in chat from Jaywalker, saying "no, not currently". The rest is a blur {and spam}. Checking the saved broadcast right now in any case, thanks.

It's at 0:38:15 if anyone else is interested. To make it short Scott says how much he doesn't want it, Steve agrees, and Geoff grumbles about it. Not much has been said which is why it's disappointing, but I'll drop it and hope they're going to reconsider.

Edited by CapricaSix

Seems I missed that bit, the stream was lagging too much for some reason. However I did get a reply in chat from Jaywalker, saying "no, not currently". The rest is a blur {and spam}. Checking the saved broadcast right now in any case, thanks.

They talked about customization quite a bit. Genderswap doesn't sound like it's ever coming. Don't mind myself really, that just means they can implement more varied warframes.

I'm ganna assume this 11 hour long alert that gives a reactor is the special surprise. xD

Argh, just got in in time to read the end of the DESteve's text chat with the viewers. Waiting for archive video to be uploaded... -_-

Start here around 15 Minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv...ame/b/371945790

Thank you kindly! :)

edit:

1. OMG! I knew it! You ARE the Lotus! :D (Please continue to be! I'm definitely a fan.)

2. Yay for the Tenno Temple/Dojo! :D (yes, agree with Scott about worry for framerate hit)

3. Stealth missions!

4. Yes, please no "Mod for sale!" in global chat - looking forward to your solution

5. Yay to Lore and individual story! Really excited about this!

6. DERebecca, you're as cute as a button! Love your hair! You're so animated and I love your enthusiastic "whoops" and "yays"! :DDD

7. Looking forward to new-mods/artifacts and sentinels!

8. I love that you guys are so enthusiastic and open about involving the community. You are officially my favourite Game Developer! Ever!

9. Update 7 is... @_@ just...wow.

I know that's a heck of a lot of exclamation marks but I enjoyed the video so much. Brilliantly done, in a relaxed and open manner. Looking forward to the next vid! :D

Edited by Windbow

Trying to watch the recording on my phone, but twitch is not the most compatible site. I will try and watch out when i get home from work!

What Scott said about different gender for each frame kinda bugs me....

I understand the part about making each Warframe specific and special similar to champions in LoL, but then that would mean each Frame is a different individual we control, not just a single being using multiple suits which is what appears to be the case in certain situations. Like the rank up missions and the method of making Warframes, obtaining blueprints, building the parts then the Warframe itself.

If each Warframe is an individual, then that would mean they're techno-organic lifeforms of some sort, since we build them.

Edited by Rixxie

Yes, I'd like to see how they plan on explaining this aspect. What are 'we'? Are frames kinda like drones with personality that we can 'possess'? Do Tenno wear warframes or inhabit them? As in download our consciousness into a frame for each mission? The Lore stuff should explain all this, I guess. Exciting time for fluff addicts like me. :)

Well.. one could see it this way: Each Warframe and it's unique Abilities are tuned and designed for specific genders and will only work on the right gender.

Female Tenno may be more Kind (Trinity), Psychic (Nyx), Protective (Mag) and Fiery (Ember) than Male Tenno which are better at Raw Power (Rhino), cold at heart (Frost), electro-technical (Volt) and so on...

Point is... a female Rhino would not be as strong as a male Rhino... a male Nyx maybe even useless without the Psychic powers of females that are necessary to channel Nyx's powers.

Edited by Namacyst

Well.. one could see it this way: Each Warframe and it's unique Abilities are tuned and designed for specific genders and will only work on the right gender.

Female Tenno may be more Kind (Trinity), Psychic (Nyx), Protective (Mag) and Fiery (Ember) than Male Tenno which are better at Raw Power (Rhino), cold at heart (Frost), electro-technical (Volt) and so on...

Point is... a female Rhino would not be as strong as a male Rhino... a male Nyx maybe even useless without the Psychic powers of females that are necessary to channel Nyx's powers.

Still brings up the situation that I mentioned.

So I guess right now the question would be are they focusing on Warframes being indivuals or actual suits the Tenno (ourselves) use. If indivual, then some current game mechanics are kinda contradicing that.