Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Developer Livestream Q&a: February 27Th

I WANNA SEE!

DE_Folks, are you guys moving the recording to YouTube or some site that is a bit easier to see?

Yes it is currently uploading to Youtube as we speak! Processing. Tick Tock! :D!

It will be available here once processed:

And this is why I feel no guilt in throwing money at you folks.

Bless your ninja-replying soul, Rebecca!

OK first off I just want to say I love the direction the game is headed.

My number one concern is the cash shop and the way its set up. Ced23Ric has a great solution to this problem just woundering if this has been seen by you guys or is it going to stay the way it is. https://forums.warfr...ame-the-future/

Out side of that my only other concern is the discusion about the MODs did I missunderstand or did Steve really say they are removing them ??? I think this is a major mistake, yes the skill trees need a revamp but the mods give the players so much customization to the weapons and warframes.

Thank you kindly! :)

edit:

1. OMG! I knew it! You ARE the Lotus! :D (Please continue to be! I'm definitely a fan.)

2. Yay for the Tenno Temple/Dojo! :D (yes, agree with Scott about worry for framerate hit)

3. Stealth missions!

4. Yes, please no "Mod for sale!" in global chat - looking forward to your solution

5. Yay to Lore and individual story! Really excited about this!

6. DERebecca, you're as cute as a button! Love your hair! You're so animated and I love your enthusiastic "whoops" and "yays"! :DDD

7. Looking forward to new-mods/artifacts and sentinels!

8. I love that you guys are so enthusiastic and open about involving the community. You are officially my favourite Game Developer! Ever!

9. Update 7 is... @_@ just...wow.

I know that's a heck of a lot of exclamation marks but I enjoyed the video so much. Brilliantly done, in a relaxed and open manner. Looking forward to the next vid! :D

Completly agree with all these points

Edited by Nightchills

I forgot about the Warframe Developer Q&A stream was today but I just watched it all on twitch.tv and it was worth my time. Very informative and entertaining too. Any concerns I had about the game have been answered so far.

Out side of that my only other concern is the discusion about the MODs did I missunderstand or did Steve really say they are removing them ??? I think this is a major mistake, yes the skill trees need a revamp but the mods give the players so much customization to the weapons and warframes.

Happily, you misheard, Nightchills! Sorta. :)

The mods as we know them are going away. However, something more awesome is taking their place - upgrade artifacts (with many different effects and can be modified too, switched 'polarity' whatever the heck that means, combined and so forth). The upgrade tree is being totally revamped. The customizations will be there - only more so. Much more. We just won't recognize the new upgrade methods from what we have currently. So, no need to worry at all. It'll be all kinds of awesome. Or DESteve will be taken to task! >:( :P

Edited by Windbow

Or DESteve will be taken to task! >:( :P

Sell ALL the upgrades for one cred!

As I stated in the Chat after the video (EtherealShade) I still have some hesitations, but you did a really good job responding to the community with the live Q&A and then Steve stuck around to answer a lot of questions. I'm still concerned about the future with currently needing to buy a slot and a warframe/weapon each time something comes out instead of just the warframe/weapon being earned/purchased.

Nonetheless though I've decided I will support the game in the hopes that there is a way to earn or build slots or even better they just eliminate them and I've become a founder.

Thanks,

Keep up the good work.

Loved the Q&A, it was awsome to be there and seeing so many spammers and many people having questions.

Favorite part was

"Scott is evil"

xD

I'm gonna repeat some thing I've already said on the youtube-version of the video, but here goes:

MAG-like "pets" sentinels for this game? I'm always ready for some more good PSO-like features being implemented. And I noticed the hint of (Multi) Photon Blast-like skill/ability combining possibility early on the video, which certainly could make things extremely interesting and enforce people sticking together.

But we'd need to get more things to slowdown speedrunners in online/co-op-mode, because currently they're simply hurting us looters/F2P-players who'd want to get a bigger "paycheck" out of each mission. Right now they can simply negatate the exp and credit bonuses (not certain about "Alert"-rewards though) by not waiting at all for other players, especially when they 'jack elevator or simply leave too many enemies alive to prevent others to reach the elevator.

I Actually wrote about rewarding exploration more on this thread: https://forums.warfr...ploration-more/ . Right now the only mode that simply can stall rushing (with expense of kills/exp) are Spy-missions (since you need all the datamasses/-bags/-intels/-payloads at extration to complete the mission).

((Though the stealth-tweakings could also reduce the amount of "rushing" too, especially if it's anything similiar to getting ganged in various other stealthy-games, or you'll get really good bonuses for being stealthy, even in groups (but in this case, the rewards & detection would need to be individual instead of "one player is a group"-thinking, so only the person who messes up gets punished.))

Interesting there's eventually going to be more ways of tweaking to help with the drop, especially when it comes to "potatos" (Orikin Generatos & Catalysts). For example, I've had my first warframe (Volt) maxed for almost a week. And only few moment before I wrote this (while also listening to Q&A-session), I was finally able to get my first Generator Blueprint from a random alert mission, after having ~10-alert missions without "?"-/random reward

So, I am deathly curious regarding several things that I saw on the dev council post, and this Q&A, and I was wondering if anyone at all has some insight as to what they meant... Regarding the transition from Mods to Artifact 'cards', what is the current suggestion regarding mods? Should we farm as many as we can to try and abuse that, pardon the term, Disenchantment notion that one of the devs suggested regarding the change, or would we be better off just nuking all of our mods in an effort to accrue as many credits as possible, to fund the influx of new content, ala new guns, frames, and Sentinels?

My second curiosity comes regarding the pets themselves, and the idea that they're combat pets, something that most game devs discourage. Will they have their own mod system regarding the Precepts, in that it's a set number of slots that grows larger as we use that particular pet, and if so, will there be various pets that are naturally better at tasks than others? There was mention of attack oriented pets; would there be an option for them to be swift and melee capable, like a whirling robotic dervish, or a mobile laser battery hailing bullets around? Would there be a few that offer unique utility, like one that can scavenge raw materials in the field, but can only do it after so many enemies have been killed, or a storage pet, that would allow us to change our weapons on the fly based on a new, unforseen mechanic, with a predetermined timer between access. After all, if you suddenly find yourself as a relatively squishy warframe, and the enemies are proving to be tough enough to back you into a corner, wouldn't it feel right to be able to swap to a hardier warframe, if only for a time?

Thirdly, I am curious about the dojo/Orokin Tower's potential, as not just a training ground for combat oriented rank ups, but maybe parkour oriented rank ups. The potential for hard to reach, sneaky rewards has always intrigued me, ever since I first saw a load tip say 'Search the map for rare upgrades', which made me think that there are some rather well hidden alcoves and treasure rooms that take skill at movement to reach, rather than skill at combat. Maybe finding these rooms would allow for a different kind of affinity to be gained, where we level our combat prowess through battle, and our ninja prowess through finding these rare and well hidden nodes. It could offer a new way of customization, in that maybe we can boost our base stamina, or the rate at which it recharges; how skilled we are at wall running... Maybe even a coveted way to spring out of a knockdown, at the cost of stamina?

My penultimate curiosity stems from something that we sometimes see during normal missions, and more commonly during high reward alerts; Bonus events in the mission. Sure, from time to time we get a mission that starts off as a Spy, or Sabotage mission, but on occasion if you Aggravate the enemies enough, it'll turn into an Extermination. The same for Alerts, you're often given bonus objectives, like finding just a few more data terminals, or rescuing a second hostage... What if that got broadened to where the ship we arrived onto wasn't just being invaded by us. What if we stumble upon a Corpus boarding party as they're raiding the Grineer? Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace, from always knowing what to expect in each mission, just by which faction you're fighting?

Lastly...I just wanted to let the Devs know that I wholly and truly enjoy their game, and it's gotten me thoroughly addicted, despite the fact that it's still lore and story less, compared to what it will be when they reach a finished project. You all make me a happy gamer...Though hearing 'It's the Grineer' moments before I finish a mission is starting to worry me; Wouldn't the Lotus know that we've been fighting them for quite some time, considering it's almost the end of the mission?

*Edited for grammatical errors.

Edited by LeucienWeaver

Happily, you misheard, Nightchills! Sorta. :)

The mods as we know them are going away. However, something more awesome is taking their place - upgrade artifacts (with many different effects and can be modified too, switched 'polarity' whatever the heck that means, combined and so forth). The upgrade tree is being totally revamped. The customizations will be there - only more so. Much more. We just won't recognize the new upgrade methods from what we have currently. So, no need to worry at all. It'll be all kinds of awesome. Or DESteve will be taken to task! >:( :P

Thnx, I was realy hoping I misunderstood that =)

Hopefully, this patch comes on Friday. :D. Truthly though, and I hope the community doesn't $&*^ out after steam. Steam is where a bunch of A******s congregate, suggesting that games can't be good if they're F2P.

Hopefully, this patch comes on Friday. :D. Truthly though, and I hope the community doesn't $&*^ out after steam. Steam is where a bunch of A******s congregate, suggesting that games can't be good if they're F2P.

I share your concerns about the integration of the "rotten" steam community, but DE dudes need a bigger playerbase, and after seeing the stuff that was mentioned in chat on twitch.tv yesterday... well... no offense to anyone but feels like they will just fit in :| we won't get any "worse"

I'm the guy with the funny gory picture in the design council!! MEMEMEME!!.

But really, i'm not a psycho. I'm just a failed funny guy. My real wishes for Warframe are like i mentioned here.

But since that's in the Design Council and not everyone is going to see it, i'll just quote myself (i love quoting myself)

(i love quoting myself)
. Yeah, i sure do.

Anyway.

Also i was the guy that posted the "cartoony gory image" lol. That was from Fairytale Fights.

Yeah, they mentioned your name. They didn't seem to know how to pronounce it.

I'd personally pronounce it roo-E-vom-mel, but anyways. :3

- Hi guys. Just upgraded to Master.

Yeah, that's how I've been pronouncing it... is that correct, ruivoml?

Also, welcome to the council, Azure_Kyte!

That's actually part of my name. I'm not a very creative person, so everywhere i go i just use my real name which is Renan Ruivo. Since the sign up page didn't allow spaces (and i forgot about underline), i put ruivoml which is what i use in my e-mails (ML standing for Muito Lindo, or very gorgeous). It's actually pronounced Roo-e-vooh.

I don't care much for ruivoml, since i first started using it almost ten years ago when i was in high-school. But hey.. an e-mail is an e-mail.. you don't change it =D

Also, we don't know if the game engine can handle such effects. What engine does this game use, anyway?

-Akuzimo

Why, their own engine, of course:

http://www.digitalex...s.com/evolution

They are using their own engine which already supports APEX. APEX is the same thing as PhysX, but with the entire software part re-made from the ground up or so i believe. Basically any nVidia card that natively supports PhysX has APEX support, starting with the 9800.

I was actually so awestruck that they ACTUALLY heard my plea and talked about the weird pic that i don't recall anything else they said about what i was actually asking for, since i was franctically trying to say in the chat that "IT'S ME!! MEMEMEMEME!!!" but the damned thing was in slow mode (i had to wait 2 minutes to say anything again).

If you guys say that Geoff said he is planning to implement blood with APEX technology, that means the blood will pretty much act as it did in Borderlands 2. Somewhat cool, but not really that immersive. Better than nothing though, and i'm pretty sure he'll come out with something better than what the Borderlands guys did.

Other than that.. i just really wish bodies were permanent (or lasted a little while longer.. at least while we're in the room) to see the fruits of our labor. And that the frames became soaked in blood, or at least somewhat stained.

At any rate, people are probably going to refer to me as "that psycho guy" and that's lame.

My birthday is march first and I have decided that as a gift I would like permanent team health/shield bars added to our in-game hud. ;)

Mine is March 8th and I'd like Genderswap! >;o lol

happy birthday to us

EDIT: Oh, Oh, my birthday is March 25th, and i want blood and gore in Warframe *wide smile*.

So, I am deathly curious regarding several things that I saw on the dev council post, and this Q&A, and I was wondering if anyone at all has some insight as to what they meant... Regarding the transition from Mods to Artifact 'cards', what is the current suggestion regarding mods? Should we farm as many as we can to try and abuse that, pardon the term, Disenchantment notion that one of the devs suggested regarding the change, or would we be better off just nuking all of our mods in an effort to accrue as many credits as possible, to fund the influx of new content, ala new guns, frames, and Sentinels?

Our current mods will be transmutable into the new artifacts. DESteve said they (he?) will make a one-off, throwaway interface (and code) to allow us to do the transmutation in the foundry. For the transition period (the equivalent of a database schema migration :P). So, I'd suggest to hold on to your mods and transmutate them - that sounds like a bit o' fun in itself. That way you don't have to start from zero artifacts - which preserves some of the 'work' we've done to attain them. So, yeah, farm mods!

@DESteve: You just spoil us rotten. :P I can't imagine very many devs would do something like that. Seriously. It's still in beta after all.

I'm awaiting the sentinels with much enthusiasm - even though we won't be able to ride them. Having our own "grinders" is going to be so much payback fun! I hope our sentinels can be equiped with some kinda sticky blob launcher that slows the enemy to a halt as it eats them slowly (nanite swarm?) while we laugh with righteous glee. See how they like a taste of our version of their damned sticky exploding / zapping balls!

... What if that got broadened to where the ship we arrived onto wasn't just being invaded by us. What if we stumble upon a Corpus boarding party as they're raiding the Grineer? Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace, from always knowing what to expect in each mission, just by which faction you're fighting?

Thing is, this used to happen every other mission or so (later planets). I don't seem to come across this anymore, though. I wonder why... I hope they bring that back. It's fun to sneak around them (or ambush them) while they were distracted by each other.

rebecca is the lotus!

Yeah, I speculated about that some time back (due to her unique forum avatar) and asked her to admit it but she said "No comment...". I'm happy she finally 'came out'. Or 'was outed' by DESteve, more like. :D

Now, the mystery that remains is the "ship's computer". DERebecca said it was a different VA (even though it sounds a heck of a lot like her). I'm still not convinced it's not her but...anywho (as DERebecca likes to say)... So who is it? DEKatie? DEDenise? or...*gasp* DEMeredith even? :P

In case you guys are wondering, I got those names from:

Edited by Windbow

Any chance you guys have the Livestream recorded? or can someone inform me on the major things discussed during the livestream? (and preferably put them on the first post) I was unable to attend soo I kinda missed everything

I've been wondering... If mods are gonna be thrown out, is it reasonable to still farm them? Or shall we focus more on resources?