Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just unlocked my own and it made me wonder...what did you name your Helminth?

1OfTheUndying

Okay... This one is going to sound cheesy (and it is), but I named mine... "Hope."

I really, really love the concept of the Helminth. The idea of a more benign version of the infestation, loyal to you. While still predatory and a bit creepy, the Helminth has a mind and is both an aid and a necessity to the Tenno cause.

I called mine Hope because I consider it (in lore, obviously) to be a hopeful concept of peaceful coexistence.

So I've got this habit of, when I'm naming my things, I use the DE method of settling on a word that relates to the thing's theme, translating it to another language, and using that. In Helminth's case, I wanted to call it 'benefit,' and at the time, I was using Gaelic. This resulted in the rather charming circumstance of my Helminth being named... Sochair.

Whenever I find myself strapped for a name my fallback is to google english to hungarian and type in appropriate english words to see if I like the results. I named mine Gondnok, which apparently means janitor, caretaker, custodian, and such. 

• 4 weeks later...

I named mine Craver. The reasoning of which is a bit more complex than might first appear.

Beyond the obvious of Helminth always craving more resources as you use it, I've filled all my loadout slots with various combinations of frames and weapons, each one themed around a specific race or faction within the Endless Universe. Currently we don't have any frames I feel do the Cravers species justice, but Helminth seemed to fit the bill well enough.

Spoiler

As a form of torture, I also placed Nihil's Oubliette in the same room, forever sentencing him to keep Craver company.

My Helminth is named Busirus Alduin.

Busirus comes from the place in Egypt, Busiris, whose famous custom it was to sacrifice visitors.

Alduin after the dragon in Skyrim, who is also nicknamed "World Eater"

I originally wanted to name it Alduin but felt it may have not been original enough, but then while looking for names I stumbled upon Busirus.. which I feel is fitting for reasons that should be obvious. The Warframes who walk in, will be sacrificed.

Archived