Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Gimping Me De! >:(

KamaNightfire

2nk8a2o.png

That was after 21 Minutes in Survival.

I happened to have a host migrate RIGHT at the 21 minute mark, and of course I know I collected well over 2k+ ferrite *the only reason i'm spamming this map* , and you can't even keep track of how many resources I got before the host ditched? I don't see how you can remember my tier rewards and yet forget my material amount and all the Fusion Cores/Modifications.

Please fix this. I'm not saying it was hard to get, my complaint is I shouldn't be losing anything to start with.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

I hope you are sarcastic... I really do

You're almost there... try again...

The thing is a known bug. I've had it happen to me after we crashed the host at wave 85 defense. All that time for less than 10 mods. Was I mad? Nope, and that was a crash caused after we were abusing venom in combination with Tbolt.

Sure there are some problems with host migration, but they are less pressing than other concerns. And I'd be much more inclined to blame the guy that left than DE for the code.

Also if you want Ferrite in massive quantities try M Prime. It will give you the same amount per minute of farming, and can be done with your eyes closed.

Not DE's fault.

Blame terrible hosts.

That's a terrible stance to take, and a lazy one.

Nobody can account for host migrations, it's a built in system within the game to help the player stay in the same session without just getting DC'd.

So naturally, it shouldn't hurt the player when it happens. So yes, it's DE's fault. But that's okay, because we're in beta. Hopefully they fix it.

That would be much better than just taking the lazy approach and telling everybody to deal with it.

Not DE's fault.

Blame terrible hosts.

DE's fault?  Uhh ok, mission host migration causes data loss.  Yeah that is in no way serving DE's interests and is definitely a problem they will put low priority on as it helps their money model.

Out of the last 100 runs berzerker mod (melee attack speed on crit) has dropped once off infested ancient a while back and once a couple days ago.  Host migration and boom it is gone.  A couple nights back it drops a 2nd time and boom 4 ancients hit me at once and instead of being knocked down the camera zooms out to where you can see the whole map as a skeleton frame.  Can't revive (as I could not move and died).  Can't escape, can't control.  Just wait 4 minutes until Survivor oxygen (dumb-&#! mechanic) times out and I fail the mission.

Moronic support response:  "Without the mission logs we can't grant that item and thank you for telling us about the bugged game."

I guess they do not keep logs of any missions at all.  If they fail, if you crash to desktop, if you win but bug out, if you just sit in menus there is no log of it and even if there was, the morons in the support team would not know how to actually use a filter or grep or some other textual editor to actually search a log.  No wonder companies outsource so many jobs, people just do not deserve them sometimes.

EDIT:  Also some people just DC, blame their ISP, blame god, blame a monkey pulling the cablge, but it happens.  Keeping data in that situation is a technical problem to overcome and it directly affects quality of life of the player.  I know you would rather blame the host that DCed, but DE can solve it 100%, the Host that DCed has no 100% guarantee to solve it.

Edited by Nickeltoe

I hope you are sarcastic... I really do

Some people aren't as in tune with the game as you, so not everyone is gonna know that this is a bug. Instead of acting like that maybe you should have provided some useful information before he had to go and do it himself. Edited by Coyskurk

DE's fault?  Uhh ok, mission host migration causes data loss.  Yeah that is in no way serving DE's interests and is definitely a problem they will put low priority on as it helps their money model.

OUt of the last 100 runs berzerker mod (melee attack speed on crit) has dropped once.  Host migration and boom it is gone.  A couple nights back it drops a 2nd time and boom 4 ancients hit me at once and instead of being knocked down the camera zooms out to where you can see the whole map as a skeleton frame.  Can't revive (as I could not move and died).  Can't escape, can't control.  Just wait 4 minutes until Survivor oxygen (dumb-&#! mechanic) times out and I fail the mission.

Moronic support response:  "Without the mission logs we can't grant that item and thank you for telling us about the bugged game."

I guess they do not keep logs of any missions at all.  If they fail, if you crash to desktop, if you win but bug out, if you just sit in menus there is no log of it and even if there was, the morons in the support team would not know how to actually use a filter or grep or some other textual editor to actually search a log.  No wonder companies outsource so many jobs, people just do not deserve them sometimes.

On the run I got my Berserker mod, two team-mates got disconnected. T2 Defense with a Banshee and Nova, both using sub-standard gear is actually pretty tough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xWKihtKoM'>Video if you don't believe me

Point is sh*t happens. You win some, you lose some. It is a part of life. 

And while I do acknowledge that it is an issue that needs to be dealt with, there are more important things that deserve to be dealt with first.

Edited by Sixty5

The thing is a known bug.

They have more pressing concerns than a known bug that causes items to go poof after a host leaves/DCs? That literally robs players of one of the main reasons for playing the game? The point isn't that someone is farming mass quantities of Ferrite. The point is that the hosting system is garbage. I can't host because my ISP is crap, so I'm forced to quit out of pre-matches that I'm host, and I can't use the mountain of T3 keys I have because the only internet available to me is subpar. If I try to host enemies teleport, players can't go into last stand, doors are stuck shut, the list goes on. I KNOW I'm not alone in this, I see people sigh about it all the time in Recruit channel.

That kinda seems like a big deal to me.  Also it's their fault for making it P2P instead of hosting it themselves or simply having the game detect the best host & pick that person. We can't all afford superb internet connections, and some of us live in locations where less than okay internet is the only option available to us.

DE needs to fix the bugs surrounding hosting and they need to adjust the way the system works in general. Obviously people like me are minority, but it's in DE's best interest to resolve this sooner rather than later. Until the hosting system gets changed people like me will continue to have a poor experience with the CO-OP part of a CO-OP game.

They could at least find a way to make a "Do not host" selection available in options. That way when you're someone like me that KNOWS you can't host, the game won't automatically pick you to host when finding a room.

Edited by DavidSPD

Two words, Strict NAT.

A problem that prevents a whole bunch of players from joining or hosting people in the first place.

I'm not strict NAT, lol. Also how does that have anything to do with DE poorly implementing network features? Still DE's fault as far as I'm concerned.

You see... this is why I'm the host of my missions. I won't just randomly lose everything, because as I've seen when playing with my friends, they lose the host (me) but I'm still in the mission. I complete the mission and I still have all the mods I did at first. Lapse of connection perhaps? Still, being the host is the solution so far IMO.

Edited by DragonSage

Man. If I was farming survival for ferrite and only got 70, I'd be furious ferrous.

But yeah, DE needs to do a bit of work to make sure host migrations don't nuke your collected resources. Really the only option for 'safe' farming is to go missions solo, private, or make sure you're the host. Which shouldn't have to be the case.

All mission progress is stored on host's side. If host's game crashed (not Alt+F4, but unexpected crash) then obviously it didn't send info about progress to a new host. This is the source of the problem. Only dedicated servers can solve this problem, because if progress will be stored on all clients this will result in desynchro and a lot of ugly bugs, as an experienced netword coder I can tell you this much.

So fiery in here. I understand what Sixty5 said. It is not that this issue is any small or that it isn't an issue all together, it is just the fact that for now, there are far more important concerns and priorities that DE has and therefor this falls into the category of addressed but not going to be fixed very soon. They can't do all the things at the same time without consuming a tremendous amount of time. They prioritize and right now, they aim to make the game overall better in gameplay mechanics. Trust me, every single player out there has experienced what you just did and it is a big problem, but it is not enough of a big problem to overcome the far bigger and important issues the game has.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

So fiery in here. I understand what Sixty5 said. It is not that this issue is any small or that it isn't an issue all together, it is just the fact that for now, there are far more important concerns and priorities that DE has and therefor this falls into the category of addressed but not going to be fixed very soon. They can't do all the things at the same time without consuming a tremendous amount of time. They prioritize and right now, they aim to make the game overall better in gameplay mechanics. Trust me, every single player out there has experienced what you just did and it is a big problem, but it is not enough of a big problem to overcome the far bigger and important issues the game has.

I've lost close to 3 hours of time thanks to this problem over the past 2-3 weeks alone. It absolutely kills people's motivation to play after they have their progress wiped. This is the most pressing issue that needs fixing, and it should have been fixed long, long ago.