Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously Now,what Is The Point Of Making Vitality,redirection And Siphon Mods?

VodkaGR

It's suicide not to have them at any decent level.They defeat the whole purpose of MODIFICATIONS.Shields are your primary defense,with shields lower than 500 in lvl50+ you are useless.With no HP mod,as soon as your shield is down,you die instantly,especially with frames such as loki,who ironically rely on powers,hence they also need a load of mods for powers

Same with siphon.Everyone uses it.Everyone has to use it.Since if you don't,you have to run around collecting freaking BALLS,to use your spells.And without it,you more than often get in a "rush into enemy army to get energy and save yourself" ,or "lol got no energy i'm fked" situation because you casted your 4 once.

IMO the most logical option would be this

Frame = Loki (example)

Shield systems = Upgrade with credits,increase recharge and capacity

Health levels = Upgrade with credits,increase capacity,high levels give some regeneration
Energy levels = Upgrade with credits,increase energy max,higher levels give some regeneration

There we go,now i can actually tell someone new that this game offers customization without feeling ashamed.Make the last levels cost a million credits or so,and good to go

Just my 2 cents.I'm open to getting flamed np

Edited by VodkaGR

I stopped using shields long time ago, I don't need it and yes I also do lvl 100+ stuff

I doubt it,especially when a single grineer heavy gunner can bring you from your 100-150 shields without mods to 0 in less than a second.

Unless of course you're the ultimate ninja that avoids hitscan

I used to run with a guy that mainly played Loki, he never used Redirection or Vitality and he never died, he also didn't use Energy Siphon and he wasn't one of those people who spammed Invisibility. Also yes this was after the level increases.

I see no problem with how it is atm.

I doubt it,especially when a single grineer heavy gunner can bring you from your 100-150 shields without mods to 0 in less than a second.

Unless of course you're the ultimate ninja that avoids hitscan

yes I'm the ultimate ninja that avoids hitscan :) and when I pick my main, I usually need to get hit (saryn with rage)

Some people cant afford to max out redirection/vitality and energy siphon isn't necessary, personally on everything other than rhino, frost and saryn I only run redirection and as long as I don't do something stupid I'm perfectly fine :D

Vigor is a semi-decent substitute although I wish it would do 1/2 of both and cost slightly more than it does.

I do not use vitality at all. Energy siphon only on "-" aura polarity frames. Redirection on all except Ash, Nova, Ember,Vauban and will stop using it on Loki as well after I get him to rank 30. You will start getting 1 shotted at some point anyways, better play hardcore all the time. Thats why we have different types of warframes. 

idk how you plas and dont wanna mock on it to say it before , but

there destroying nothing playing loki too with otu shield mostly beside soem frames thats survive build ill only using the cool mod vigor :)

and engery probs ill dont got to ill shot the most enemys sliding wall jump/runs slides to avaoid the shots and get them hitted 

or take cover there planty of cover

for sure if you stay in line and take the terminator position your ohko`ed you may forget the part that this game is still 1/3 a shooter so take a rest and take cover isnt a shame

and about Engerie Syphon hm loki (mostly enemy radar) use it volt for speed thats it or ember if the situation cause not need that often the skill as example using at loki switch teleport and with my excalibur slash dash and super jump as movement not as kill skill

Edited by HackShield

I have recently started to run something else in redirection's place; I stopped running vitality a long time ago because it was actually better for my style of play when I could put in something like Focus in it's place.

And in recent weeks I've started to choose something else over redirection and it really isn't affecting me too much. I guess it's a really good, to me, crutch perk for newer players and for tank builds but it really isn't necessary for success once you've got quite a lot of experience with the game. If though, I'm running a heavy WarFrame like Rhino or Frost, then definitely, redirection is good because it's part of the robust build, but with most frames I don't find it necessary I can still do well.

That would deafeat a purpose of the game. The main point is you power up everything (and I do mean everything) through mods. Personally I never use energy siphon. Big fan of enemy radar. Energy drops plenty from enemies anyway.

I am calling right now people who say they play lvl100 without redirection liars.Or they are somewhere in a corner while the 1000 shield rhino is destroying the map

Unless you are stealthed almost permanently,even a single enemy hitting you a couple of times will damage your health.

Also,enemy radar..lol.I am discussing at play in high levels,not apollodorus.If you say you have enemy radar in a t3 survival you will get kicked

Edited by VodkaGR

free choice

i heard its a good thing

maybe i dont want any shields or health ?

MAYBE I WANT TO DIE WITH HONOR

Lol

But i really believe the same,it's about choice.Since these are critically important,why not integrate them,and leave us the mod capacity for actual build diversity?

Lol

But i really believe the same,it's about choice.Since these are critically important,why not integrate them,and leave us the mod capacity for actual build diversity?

Because

a) The balance is skewed and we can all become tanks. Not fun, not cool, boring as hell.

b) Not everyone wants to tank up in any respect and would rather put mods into abilities.

c) You'll waste time, effort and credits that have been expended by most players who've decided to build up any of these mods.

You don't need to tank up on shields and/or health in order to play. Higher level missions may create the idea that they are a necessity but it's not the case - you can still help the team by other means. I mean, there are two mods you can take that lets you survive longer while downed and then do extra damage while downed. If that's not an incentive to attempt suicide to waste a squad of Grineer I'm not really sure what is.

i only use energy siphon on loki and nova, but i havent use vitality in ages, and i only use redirection at middle lvl enemies if i wanna go rambo on them and dont want to play stealthy, because with enemies lvl100+ those mods really doesnt make any difference,

I don't really use vitality, I don't even have one maxed.

Redirection is not even needed when playing an infested mission.

And why are you openly calling people liars?

Doing a high level mission with mods and weapons other than the standards is one of the challenges the game has to offer right now. Trying new tactics or playing stealth, using ninja moves to dodge shots or even use Rage + Quick Thinking as Phoenix mentioned.

Having these options for upgrades, would make the game even easier and it's already really easy especially after a certain point.

The warframe stats are like this in order to force you to make some choices about how to play and how to mod them. The new damage system will also have an impact on that.

On a side note, we already know they are thinking to add more mod slots or something similar for balance, because there are many new mods while some of the olds are still essential.

If you're talking stupid high lvl these mods are pointless, our damage scales much better than our survivability. If you reach a point where enemies withstand whatever you unleash upon them you'll most likely die in split seconds anyway.

I wouldn't call them a crutch on the other hand. High lvl mods will carry you if you facetank content, but you'll fail at some point.

With the scaling of hp and damage the game basically tells you that it's a bad idea to walk into the middle of a room full of grineer heavies.

So being hit=bad with these mods is a better gameplay experience for not hardcore/new players than being hit=dead.

If you want to draw fire/melee/take stupid risks as part of your gameplay experience they'll find a way into your build.

If you say you're so space ninja that you can avoid every source of damage then feel free to slot whatever you want instead.

huh? They are player choice... in the end... it's a choice.

Just because you feel it is necessary to rely on them to survive... other players may not.

Let's see

I don't have vitality on any of my warframe, because imho, it's simply not needed.

Shield regenerate, health doesn't, and while having higher HP pool gives you a bigger margin of error, nothing will save me from acts of carelessness or stupidity

I don’t have ciphon mod on half of my frames. I use regenerate on my Saryn to ensure the team has a high HP pool in defense. I use rifle amp/corrosive rounds on my banshee, Vauban, Excalibur, Nekros, etc due to having a stronger fire power have a better synergy with their skills.

Instead of redirection, I use Vigor on frames with high base HP and shield, frames like volt, Vauban, Rhino doesn’t really redirection on them.

At really high level, those mods doesn’t even help that much.

When facing level 150+ mobs pretty much a few stray bullet will end your life with or without those mods, so I really don’t look into them that much when I really want to a high wave run. They are slapped onto my frames more as an afterthought.

Edited by Innosin

To all of you who say they can play without vitality or redirection please show me how do you solo 100+ missions.

Don't tell me about how good you are with your 7star weapon on lvl 50 missions.

Please stop filling the forum with bulls.h.i.t!

Thank you!

I am calling right now people who say they play lvl100 without redirection liars.Or they are somewhere in a corner while the 1000 shield rhino is destroying the map

Unless you are stealthed almost permanently,even a single enemy hitting you a couple of times will damage your health.

Also,enemy radar..lol.I am discussing at play in high levels,not apollodorus.If you say you have enemy radar in a t3 survival you will get kicked

Well, firstly, if I have a seven star weapon which allows my damage to be high enough to run without redirection or vitality, then surely that's the trade off I've made. The fact I've got seven stars (by which I assume you mean formas), then I don't see why my choice allowing me to remove the defensive mods is a problem?

Also, for your argument about it being a lie about not using redirection, I have done it many, many times and I even have video proof. Please don't assume everyone else is lying just because you can't do it yourself.

Buy extra shields and energy and health with credits? How about no. I am pretty happy with my builds. How many people have spent forma's making their frames how they wanted for then a bunch of people to complain cause they can't spend the time to forma their frames and just try to make it easier for them.

Their should not be one definite build for each frame. So taking away redirection and vitality, would end up just making it easier to have one build for all purposes which is silly. Learn what builds are better for certain factions and enemy level and start making the pre sets to suit it.