Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avoid rank 5 Entrati

AltheusVI

Just a heads up for those that don't already know, the only reward for reaching rank 5 with the entrati at the moment is a fish trophy. That is the only vendor item that requires rank 5.

I'm planning to wait until there's something worthwhile for hitting rank 5 and get other things like weapons and mutagens.

hace 17 minutos, (PS4)Quantaminum dijo:

Don't forget the piece of gibberish from Necraloid syndicate.

It's really just gibberish. Rank 4 provides the last piece of relevant lore.

Spoiler

It's a composite of every poem inscribed in the Requiem Mods, it's just there to hint us about where they came from

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Don't forget the piece of gibberish from Necraloid syndicate.

It's really just gibberish. Rank 4 provides the last piece of relevant lore.

Spoiler

It's foreshadowing Duviri.

The Poem is prophetic because this past character predicts then-future events, like the Zariman 10-0 incident. So, we can be fairly sure that Duviri will be dealing with some kind of Apocalypse from the void.

Get I set myself up for disappointment for hyping myself too much for Rank 5. I was kinda convinced , with the way Mother Talks in the isolation vault dialogue, that reaching max standing would grant us better understanding of the void (opening our third eye) and would allow us to see more stuff in said vaults, possibly allowing more secrets to be uncovered in them like how to access the void mirrors. As someone who spent literally hours trying to figure out all the secret vault puzzles, I was really looking forward to possibly getting new solutions in some of the vaults nobody have yet to crack.

But yeah I'll admit it's a disappointment for a couple of reasons.

1- The fish trophy they give us is kinda lame. It's not even built ,meaning you have to track the materials and the fish to craft it yourself. It's also nowhere close to be worth 100K standing... Meaning you just feel like you wasted 100k. I mean I'm not a huge fan of getting 100k standing capture scenes as final rewards, but at least they are worth the price you paid for , so you feel like you got your money's worth, even if it's not necessarily something you would have bought in the first place.

2 - While I'm happy the family kinda gets reunited, part of me prefers the dysfunctional family and their dialogue, and they don't even name Grandma... Making it feel incomplete.  Feel sad I'll never get to hear the mother dialogue about us wiping our foot on her husband ever again...

3 - There's almost nothing cool locked behind the last rank that gets unlocked, meaning you don't feel rewarded at all for reaching max rank. I understand not putting gameplay stuff at last rank since most regular ppl won't reach them, but at least put a little cosmetics and decorations there.

4 - After a couple great Necroloid lore entries, the final one is kinda disappointing and devoid of huge lore bombs. We still don't get to know if Albrecht is still alive, what exactly happened in the void and  how the infested is connected to the void. I like that it seems to hint at lovecraftian horrors in the void, but for a final entry, I wanted more answers than questions, and I feel like I got none. I wanted Mother to use her crystal , get into contact with Albrecht in the void, maybe even adding him as a vendor to the hub afterwards, I wanted something to explain exactly who was the antagonist that sent necramechs to try to shut down the heart... Basically I wanted some payoff that I don't feel the "ending" delivered.

Now, I know there's bound to be part 2 . I'm assuming we'll be getting boss fights with the worms eventually, two more levels of necromech syndicates, the infested kitgun parts, the new necramech and perhaps more lore and interesting tidbits, but I'm also kinda worried just like Cetus and Fortuna , it'll be kinda dropped out of nowhere without really finishing the lore there... I mean i'm still waiting to learn more about the unum, for the third orb, to learn more about the quills, to go fight Nef Anyo in his capital ship.... So yeah, hope we do get a followup update where grandma gets named, we get new eidolon-like bosses, maybe new amps and the situation with Albrecht  and the unseen antagonist of the quest gets resolved or explained.

While there might not be useful R5 rewards currently, if you sit on maxed rank 4 for longer than 2-4 days (based on your daily cap), you'll end up losing more standing than you would save by getting useful R5 reward. So might as well rank up now and have 132k standing waiting for the kitguns :)

hace 9 minutos, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra dijo:

I wanted something to explain exactly who was the antagonist that sent necramechs to try to shut down the heart

It was the Grandma, she implies it herself at the end of the Quest, when you get to meet her for the first time

Rank 5's cutscene was nice, though I'm not overly keen on the Entrati name we've been given, it seems like DE couldn't think of anything else, even thoguh we spent the last 4 ranks watching the family give decent names to each other, and then you, the person who brought the system's most dysfunctional family together again, are named after... the trinkets we crush for Endo... like.... wat? and then they don't even have the decency to use your given name half the time, you're still "Tenno" to them.

either way, i'm sure rank 5 will end up being important later. remember how everyone felt when you needed rank 5 Solaris United to even access Vox Solaris? wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same thing again with a new syndicate, maybe run by Grandmother.

1 hour ago, Vilmu said:

While there might not be useful R5 rewards currently, if you sit on maxed rank 4 for longer than 2-4 days (based on your daily cap), you'll end up losing more standing than you would save by getting useful R5 reward. So might as well rank up now and have 132k standing waiting for the kitguns :)

That's a really good point I didn't consider.

2 hours ago, Lichformed said:

all you get is basically macaroni art from Daughter.

^ This is great. :)

I was just happy to be done. My goals for Deimos were rank 5 and 1 fox pet.

I really want to know who is going to farm 300 grandma tokens for those captura scenes, lol. Could have at least added them to the rank up punishment pool.

Archived