Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predasite size is randomly rolled on creation

RS219

To get the size you want, you have to keep rebuilding mutagens and antigens just to remake these creatures over and over for a shot at the size you want, at the appearance you want.

It may not cost plat unlike the kubrow reroll mechanic that eventually got scrapped, but it still chews through fish resources and vome/fass chunks, moreso if the antigen/mutagen demands rarer/many resources.

Please add some ability to roll and/or determine the end-size of the Predasites.

This is a one-off discovery that I just found out. Predasite size appears to be determined by the size of the latest injured predasite to be captured/rescued. I caught an absolute unit of a Vizier and figured, "What the heck," and rolled a new Predasite. I got the same absolute unit as my latest roll.

Update: I just caught a mastiff, and got a corgi on reviving. The above is wrong. The revivication system either uses a "oldest first" thing, OR that size is randomly rolled.

FINAL update: I caught a medium-big Medjay, and with it THE only one in my inventory I had it revived. I got a corgi. This absolutely sucks.

Some way of selecting a particular Predasite with a particular size to revive among the 70+ injureds rescued would be good.

Le 08/09/2020 à 17:32, RS219 a dit :

To get the size you want, you have to keep rebuilding mutagens and antigens just to remake these creatures over and over for a shot at the size you want, at the appearance you want.

It may not cost plat unlike the kubrow reroll mechanic that eventually got scrapped, but it still chews through fish resources and vome/fass chunks, moreso if the antigen/mutagen demands rarer/many resources.

Please add some ability to roll and/or determine the end-size of the Predasites.

This is a one-off discovery that I just found out. Predasite size appears to be determined by the size of the latest injured predasite to be captured/rescued. I caught an absolute unit of a Vizier and figured, "What the heck," and rolled a new Predasite. I got the same absolute unit as my latest roll.

Update: I just caught a mastiff, and got a corgi on reviving. The above is wrong. The revivication system either uses a "oldest first" thing, OR that size is randomly rolled.

FINAL update: I caught a medium-big Medjay, and with it THE only one in my inventory I had it revived. I got a corgi. This absolutely sucks.

Some way of selecting a particular Predasite with a particular size to revive among the 70+ injureds rescued would be good.

I would just like to ask what you mean when you say you caught a "big boi".

All of the Predasites use the same model size....

are you referring to the random weight that shows up when you capture one?

In general you want the smallest sized pet you can manage because hitbox.

Additionally, you don't get to control it because reasons.

That said, I would strongly recommend you stop worrying about it because smeeta is still king oF all companions.

Even the Panzer doesn't matter because
A) it doesn't drastically increase your reward output
B) the smeeta is Fine For 2 hours in anything, the only time you would need to worry is in arbitration inFested Survival iF it steps in goo past 1 hour 30 min, and even then, your big loss is vacuum and radar For 30 min, which iF you can't survive For 30 min to the 2 hour mark without those QoL's you probably aren't geared to attempt it anyway.

The rest oF the other pets are trash, and Frankly, Panzer is strictly unnecessary iF you at all value reward output.

On 2020-09-15 at 2:15 AM, Els236 said:

I would just like to ask what you mean when you say you caught a "big boi".

All of the Predasites use the same model size....

are you referring to the random weight that shows up when you capture one?

Random height, you mean. By "big boi" the top of the predasite's head is around a warframe's "mouth" region. Weight refers more to the "lean", "athletic" and "bulky" kubrow shapes.

15 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

In general you want the smallest sized pet you can manage because hitbox.

Additionally, you don't get to control it because reasons.

That said, I would strongly recommend you stop worrying about it because smeeta is still king oF all companions.

Even the Panzer doesn't matter because
A) it doesn't drastically increase your reward output
B) the smeeta is Fine For 2 hours in anything, the only time you would need to worry is in arbitration inFested Survival iF it steps in goo past 1 hour 30 min, and even then, your big loss is vacuum and radar For 30 min, which iF you can't survive For 30 min to the 2 hour mark without those QoL's you probably aren't geared to attempt it anyway.

The rest oF the other pets are trash, and Frankly, Panzer is strictly unnecessary iF you at all value reward output.

I disagree - I want LARGE chonky doggo units. Hitbox doesn't matter either because I regularly run tank frames and slap on pack leader (any rank will do) so my doggos are effectively immortal eitherway. I do not want chihuahuas and/or corgis for space war dogs.

I'm kind of also waiting to see if the Deimos pets will get any buffs. I agree that many Predasite precepts are a bit underwhelming. I somehow got the fortune to roll a Vizier at maximum size (ABSOLUTE unit that he is), but his spit should at least have a small 3m AoE to blind other enemies, and the Iatric Mycelium is fairly... eh. 300hp is pretty dinky (really only useful for low-HP frames) and Magus Repair heals high-HP frames way faster. Don't get me started about Pharoah's endoparasite - heavily bugged thing.

Panzer is arguably the best pet of all the Deimos Six. But you are right, I've stopped worrying about it for now. I'll still be trying to reroll Medjays occasionally, regardless.

ohh I totally didn't consider this when I was creating the new pets! I would naturally love all of them to be friggin huge :D but idk if that's a reasonable wish/expectation sadly.. hmm I guess we perhaps should be able to choose the size/build of our pet on the fly? It's purely cosmetic, so as a cosmetic modification it makes sense, like giving it colours and armor. I was gonna say make em all massive, but then some people might want a lil fella, so that would be unfair to them..

Archived