Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akuma is profanity?

BloodKitten

Edit, i would aprriciate if mods can deal with posts that are derailing this topic, this is about issue with the game filter, not an LGBT/meme/minority discussion.

wanted to name medjay as akuma since it kind of look demonic, but aperrently it's profanity...... DE please stop trying to care about those 2-3 people that would find it offensive and have a proper filter insted?

2A383BEC18DF01CA175AB280F781DB9E99648688 

73C7C07F19E40447EC98D1C519C255B08E56A89C

now, by comparison to this.... there really is no excuse for the akuma censoreship.

Spoiler

6B985E7C50115C91869E94A62164157429EABD98

(edit 2, thank you moderator for helping insted of locking, hope there wont be another derailment)

1 minute ago, BloodKitten said:

wanted to name medjay as akuma since it kind of look demonic, but aperrently it's profanity...... DE please stop trying to care about those 2-3 people that would find it offensive and have a proper filter insted?

It might actually be because of a misspelled dirty word that shows up in the middle... idk. 

The filter is pretty overly hyperactive about little things like that. 

I remember reading someone tried to name their Moa Piccassowary and it got censored. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

They should at least make the game 10+ 

Freaking Trove has more freedom when it comes to swearing than Warframe

but then angry parents will have issues with how the devs talk and some of them drinking on stream, because ;et's face it, the devs would be banned themself if they were normal players.

and yet, my Helminth Charger is called "Failed Abortion". yep, THAT somehow got a pass, even though that might actually offend someone who had an Abortion IRL. I can't imagine it would, and I was merely joking with the name, expecting it to be rejected. it said I could, so I thought "F it, never gonna use him anaywya, might make my friends laugh". 

also another tip: the filter can detect some profanities in other languages besides English, so if something seems fine but isn't accepted, check google translate lol. 

Filters in a M rated game is just ridiculous. The argument that filters "protect the children" is bonkers as well, pretty sure the age group that swears the most is middle-high schoolers. They all know what the F bomb is lol.

My name was considered profanity when I started Warframe, I used "Wolfdoge" instead and then sent them a report ticket eventually when someone suggested it to me and they fixed the filter. Had to pay to change it to correct name tho. And yeah.. M rated game with filters you can't remove or set yourself is kinda weird.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and yet, my Helminth Charger is called "Failed Abortion". yep, THAT somehow got a pass, even though that might actually offend someone who had an Abortion IRL. 

Could you have named it before the filter got more strict? I have a Kubrow named Turd Nugget, and I know it wouldn’t allow it, if I tried it again now. 

40 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

The game is rated M iirc

We shouldn't have profanity filters or banned words ffs

EDIT: They already said "sh/t" more than once during devstreams & no one said anything

15 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Yes I'm aware that the game is M 17+

I was saying that the game is more 10+ than 17 from the way they censor some stuff 

Ratings just mean they have permission to turn the censors off. Not that they are obliged to turn the censors off

2 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Freaking Trove has more freedom when it comes to swearing than Warframe

On PS4 Trove had no filter unless you turn it on.  Those little brats are so gross I had to disable world chat.  That's why it's funny that these censor "filters" are to protect the children.

2 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

The game is rated M iirc

We shouldn't have profanity filters or banned words ffs

EDIT: They already said "sh/t" more than once during devstreams & no one said anything

It's a Standards and Practices thing that lets them say "Hey, we are doing our part to make this a decent community" in case anyone pulls stuff since a lot of parents don't care about ratings or sit around actively controlling their kid's content consumption. Plus there's a big difference between them saying a very mild swear word in a stream that the majority of players won't know exists let alone watch and letting people run rampant with what we shall call "pronographic language" in a public chat where underage players are likely to be and where even most people of appropriate age probably will find it offensive and/or annoying.

People always mix the game's rating with chat rules and the profanity filter.
One has little to do with the other.

An outside party rated the game M by law. DE had nothing to do with that rating other than making the game itself. The rating is about what the game is showing the players. The rating doesn't include the chat.

The chat rules are made by DE. DE decides what they want to see in chat, and what they don't want to see. The chat rules have nothing to do with the game's content. DE would apply the same rules, if it was just a chat client without a game.

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Should that also be censored because idiots bypass chat filters in a mature rated video game... that somehow has chat filters to begin with?

Let's face it, they know most of the playerbase has heard all of the words and then some before, but the chat filter is there because DE wants to save money on moderators. Instead, they try to cut off certain types of discussion from even happening in game chat, especially region. Same with filters for naming. Stricter rules means players may chafe at the restrictions, but there is less likely to be a need for a human to ever be involved and cost them money in labor hours. 

5 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

2A383BEC18DF01CA175AB280F781DB9E99648688 

73C7C07F19E40447EC98D1C519C255B08E56A89C

now, by comparison to this.... there really is no excuse for the akuma censoreship.

Reveal hidden contents

6B985E7C50115C91869E94A62164157429EABD98

Maybe Ryu's Mentor? Since Akuma trained Ryu and Ken. 

EDIT: I know. I know. It's a workaround...

EDIT 2: Wait, Akuma doesn't train Ryu and Ken does he? Akuma's brother or friend does. 

Archived