Has Anyone Tried Iron Skin on Other Frames?

Honestly curious as I haven't seen any videos or images of players trying this, which I'm surprised by since I feel like iron skin would either greatly benefit or mesh with some other frames (maybe chroma for instance.)  Also curious if they adapted the iron skin to show on these frames?

Just now, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Honestly curious as I haven't seen any videos or images of players trying this, which I'm surprised by since I feel like iron skin would either greatly benefit or mesh with some other frames (maybe chroma for instance.)  Also curious if they adapted the iron skin to show on these frames?

You can only take one skill from each frame that was pre-selected by DE. It was roar for Rhino. Thus no one has access to Iron Skin except Rhino.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

You can only take one skill from each frame that was pre-selected by DE. It was roar for Rhino. Thus no one has access to Iron Skin except Rhino.

Oh really?  I...wasn't aware of that.  (Haven't unlocked the ability yet, clearly.)

Well that blows.  Imagine chroma after maxing out his armor with vex armor, then using iron skin while you have it maxed.

Edited by (NSW)Nintendork3D

At least, I can now scream at my teammates.

Warcry Umbra Trinity.

Edit: I can assure you, it looks wierd on a Nova. There was once a bug, where you could cast and stack abilites while being on relay.

Edited by NoSpax
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Well that blows.  Imagine chroma after maxing out his armor with vex armor, then using iron skin while you have it maxed.

Ironclad Charge would still be better. 

On 2020-09-10 at 3:26 AM, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

You need to work on your Imagination.... 

Iron Skin really isn't that good and Chroma can already take a pretty hefty Beating Already.

What Chroma is lacking is Coverage.... And now he can have that with Mesa's Shooting Gallery. It won't let him deal Damage but he can immobilized all enemies with in Sight over a large Radius....

Unfortunately there's no synergy here.... :(

On 2020-09-09 at 8:26 PM, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Oh really?  I...wasn't aware of that.  (Haven't unlocked the ability yet, clearly.)

You wouldn't have wanted that anyway as chroma.  He thrives off of taking damage to take advantage of vex armor.  Iron skin also means you can't play around with on hit effects via arcanes.  That being said I do wish it was charge or iron skin that was the transferable ability and not roar.

On 2020-09-11 at 10:24 AM, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

You wouldn't have wanted that anyway as chroma.  He thrives off of taking damage to take advantage of vex armor.  Iron skin also means you can't play around with on hit effects via arcanes.  That being said I do wish it was charge or iron skin that was the transferable ability and not roar.

Wasn't specifically saying I wanted that. XD  Was just saying it would make for some interesting combos is all if you could give iron skin to different frames.  Bad example really.

On 2020-09-11 at 7:15 AM, Lutesque said:

You need to work on your Imagination.... 

Iron Skin really isn't that good and Chroma can already take a pretty hefty Beating Already.

What Chroma is lacking is Coverage.... And now he can have that with Mesa's Shooting Gallery. It won't let him deal Damage but he can immobilized all enemies with in Sight over a large Radius....

Unfortunately there's no synergy here.... :(

Was just pulling up a random combo as an example.  Sheesh.