Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ballistica Pls.

-..-

Okay, this is embarrassing. I admit it. I've played Maplestory before. A lot. Reached the old level cap with my Mercedes. When the Ballistica came out, I saw that it resembled a single version of the Dual Bowguns that Mercs use. Got really hyped hoping they'd release the single and dual version at the same time, but they didn't. If DE doesn't make Dual Ballisticas, I'll be a sad face.

Incase anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about...

72212432.png

Edited by -..-

NO! Don't have duel Ballistica FOR ONCE! It's too big, and its reload will be FAR to slow to be any use. Also, its reload animation would be FAR to clumsy.

Not to mention it is a Charge weapon, with will also screw up the duel mechanism. How would it be implemented? would each gun fire their charge independently? If so, whats the point in having it duel wield?

Last but not least, this is a STEALTH weapon, not a, I HAVE TWO GUNS SO I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, weapon.

I don't think people would be adverse to a new weaker crossbow pistol that could be dual wielded. But as everyone has mentioned so far the Ballistica is too large and doesn't really fit the dual wield secondary weapon profile.

The weaker dual wield crossbows could even just be a visual variation for Bolto & Akbolto, like the scindo skin. Like existing weapon visual changes it could alter balance slightly as well, perhaps substituting ammunition count or some other stat to make it a stealth option. Just a suggestion.

As i said in a previous post when someone asked for the same thing, if DE is going to implement dual ballisticas (highly doubt it will ever happen) then they might as well implement dual lex's, dual acrid's, dual fragor's, dual galatine's, dual soma's, dual ogris's and ect. Tbh i could go on but you should get the point by now, a crossbow is something that a person shouldn't even consider dual wielding. -_-

Edited by itsJustThomas

Now I kind of hope they make a dual version just so I can quote ya'll for being wrong:

@itsJustThomas Perhaps not a normal cross bow, but ninja's who can accurately hit their target while flinging themselves across the room 60 feet in the air, using only their on weight as momentum, should perhaps be allowed to dual-wield whatever they may desire.

I don't think people would be adverse to a new weaker crossbow pistol that could be dual wielded. But as everyone has mentioned so far the Ballistica is too large and doesn't really fit the dual wield secondary weapon profile.

The weaker dual wield crossbows could even just be a visual variation for Bolto & Akbolto, like the scindo skin. Like existing weapon visual changes it could alter balance slightly as well, perhaps substituting ammunition count or some other stat to make it a stealth option. Just a suggestion.

In the last livestream (for better or worse) DE said that they would be moving away from skins that are actually different models, and from here on out skins will just be the existing model with different colours (cammo, halloween themed).

But I for one strongly second the request for dual Ballistica. My solution for the charge problem would just be this: once the weapons initiate charging, they shoot simultaneously (rather than alternating left/right as per most semi-auto weapons - which would remain while in ordinary, uncharged, semi-auto burst functionality).

Have it mastery locked to something ridiculously high though, like level 12.

I see no functional reason for having Akballisticas. From a mechanics stand point it doesn't need more ammo in the clip (that an ammo mod can't do), it doesn't exactly need a faster refire rate, and it certainly doesn't need more horizontal inaccuecery, which would all be parts of an Akballistica.

As i said in a previous post when someone asked for the same thing, if DE is going to implement dual ballisticas (highly doubt it will ever happen) then they might as well implement dual lex's, dual acrid's, dual fragor's, dual galatine's, dual soma's, dual ogris's and ect. Tbh i could go on but you should get the point by now, a crossbow is something that a person shouldn't even consider dual wielding. -_-

Dual fragors :D

it won´t happen for the same reason that there is no dual lex. the charge shot of this weapo is 100% accurate. making a dual version should make it less accurate. making the charge attack less accurate would be horrible, and at close range way too good

No, such a big gun on itself (the biggest pistol) and a crossbow as well, how could you aim it accurately and then load the weapon? Ok this is sci-fi game but still. Why do we need to have very single pistol in dual wield version? Why couldn't we have single versions as well.