Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akaal, The Lich Warframe

(PSN)CephalonAlcatraz

// September 16 2020 - Tweaked values with Stats, Passive and Abilities. Removed unnecessary caps. //

// January 19 2021 - Tweaked first ability slightly and slightly reworked his passive. Working on a 3rd rework. //

// July 3 2021 - 3rd Rework. Reworked Passive, Tweaked rest of the kit. //

Warframe: Akaal.

Stats:
Armor - 300.
Energy - None.
Health - 650 (2275 at max rank).
Shield - 65 (195 at max rank).
Sprint Speed - 1.1

Description:

From using his almighty Bau Bell to summon minions to his deafening screeches to apply buffs, Akaal must sacrifice his own life to achieve his goal of sustained immortality and conquer death itself.

// Note: These are the stats at Rank 30. AS, AD, AR,  AE = Ability Strengt, Duration,  Range, Efficiency //

Passive (Evolution):

Upon death, gain control of a Sycophant to siphon health and revive Akaal. Uses Health instead of Energy [Abilities cannot be casted below 5% Max Health, but Rooted Vein will have it's Duration paused if casted previously.]

1st Ability (Life's Greed):

Using his Bau Bell, Akaal grants himself and allies within 5m (AR) a 15% Life Steal buff to the currently equipped weapon [Including Exalted Weapons] for 20s (AD). This ability also makes his other abilities more efficient with a 20% faster casting speed applied and also applies a 25% boost to damage.

{Initial Cast: 200 Health (AE).}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the ability timer. Ability Strength has no affect. Ability Range affects the range of the effect.》

2nd Ability (Rooted Vein):

Akaal targets an enemy and hits them with his Bau Bell, freezing them in place and turning them into a Rooted Vein, creating an area of 12m (AR) around them for 25s (AD). Enemies who enters this area have their defenses stripped and their health slowing drained and fed to the Rooted Vein, and 2% of it is then given to Akaal and his allies, regardless if they are within range of the Rooted Vein.The % of defenses stripped and health drained is scaled up the more enemies that enter the area with a cap of 20 enemies. Diverts aggro away from Akaal towards the Rooted Vein.

{Initial Cast: 250 Health (AE) .}
《Ability Efficiency affects the Health cost. Ability Duration affects the ability timer. Ability Strength has no affect. Ability Range affects the the are of the Rooted Vein.》

3rd Abilty (Krakatoa's Bellow):

Tapping the ability, Akaal unleashes a blood curling scream which is heard within 15m (AR), granting him invulnerability for 10s (AD) and allies if they are within range. During that time, all damage is absorbed and split into Armor, Energy, Damage and Health Regen. Once the timer has run out, the absorbed damage will be sorted into the aforementioned categories. If Akaal and his allies are damaged afterwards, they will be granted a 12% Damage Reduction to that Damage type for 30s (AD) which will stack until 95%.
Holding the ability, Akaal will drop to his knees and hold his position, increasing the pitch of his scream which will deal 1800 True Damage and causes 70 Bleed Damage/s (AS) to any enemies within 60m. Releasing the ability will cease the True Damage, but will have the Bleed Damage linger for 10s.

{Initial cast: 400 Health (AE).}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the invulnerability timer and the Damage Reduction timer. Ability Strength affects Bleed Damage/s. Ability Range increases the tapped scream range.》

4th Ability (Sycophants Of Bau):

Screaming into his Bau Bell, Akaal summons a small horde of 7 (AS)《Max is 14》miniature minions [Think Kuva Jesters] known as Sycophants, who will seek out enemies and attack them, dealing 150 Bleed Damage/s (AD, AS)《Max is 300 Bleed Damage/s》[These Sycophants can also be customized like Venari].
Tapping the ability while looking at an enemy will send all Sycophants to attack them, staggering the enemy constantly and also leeching their defenses and health, applying it to themselves and giving 20% of it to Akaal and his allies. If the leeched enemy perishes during or after the leeching, they will be resurrected《Capped at 15 enemies, will direct aggro towards them.》and will fight for Akaal for 40s.
Holding the ability will cancel the Sycophants.

{Initial Cast: 600 Health (AE).}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the Bleed tick speed. Ability Strength affects the Bleed Damage/s and the number of Sycophants. Ability Range has no affect.》

// If you guys have any questions or critiques on Akaal, feel free to express so in the comments! I'm relatively new to this and would like some wisdom if at all possible :) //

6 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

That would be quite hard to make it work.

What about flow?

What about the start with x% of energy mod?

What about any mods like Rage?

Akaal works kinda like Hildryn so Energy mods have no effect on him either. Sadly, including Rage or Hunter's Adrenaline as there isn't any Energy to refill. It's how I wanted him to work and it also makes him stand out a little bit more imo.

7 hours ago, (PS4)CephalonAlcatraz said:

1st Ability (Life's Greed):

Using his Bau Bell, Kronos grants himself and allies within 15m《Max is 35m》a 25% Life Steal buff to all weaponry for 20s《Max is 40s》[Stacks with any other Life Steal/s buffs. Exalted weapons can also obtain the Life Steal buff]. This ability also makes his other abilities more efficient with a 20% faster casting speed applied and are 25% more lethal.

{Initial Cast: 150 Health.}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the ability timer. Ability Strength has no affect. Ability Range affects the range of the effect.》

Why is the range/duration capped? If anything life steal should scale starting at a lower value with a cap. A few widely accessible life steal sources are Life Strike ,which only applies to heavy attacks at 20%, and Winds of purity, which is only available on a mediocre weapon at 20%. Take a comparable ability such as Penance which provides a measly 5% but can also increase weapon dps. Having a static 25% applying to all equipped weaponry is just too good. Also keep in mind all of his abilities cost health meaning he would essentially have an infinite source of 'energy' while this cheap first ability is up.

I ran into a similar problem when designing a mage themed frame called Syrme (Archived). His passive would allow health to be used when energy was depleted but this also gave him the unwanted ability to have infinite energy in the presence of certain Warframes/weapons (Trin/Oberon/Wisp/Hirudo/Amalgum Daikyu/etc.) Maybe my solution wasn't the best but straight up adding to the problem by allowing the frame to gain Life Steal seems a bit counterproductive.

2nd Ability (Rooted Vein):

Kronos targets an enemy and hits them with his Bau Bell, freezing them in place and turning them into a Rooted Vein, creating an area of 10m《Max is 30》around them for 30s《Max is 60s》. Enemies who enters this area have their defenses stripped and their health slowing drained and fed to the Rooted Vein, and 40%《Max is 60%》of it is then given to Kronos and his allies, regardless if they are within range of the Rooted Vein.

{Initial Cast: 200 Health.}
《Ability Efficiency affects the Health cost. Ability Duration affects the ability timer. Ability Strength affects % of defenses and health given. Ability Range affects the the are of the Rooted Vein.》

Seems like a hybrid of The Lost (Gaze) and Blood Altar. Nothing wrong with that though. The added health drain sounds interesting but the health scaling off of health taken could be a bit too strong (a fixed amount per enemy would be more balanced). Again with the capping of range/duration? Lower the base stats if your concern is with the stats becoming too high after modding.

Tapping the ability, Kronos unleashes a blood curling scream which is heard within 20m《Max is 50m》, granting him invulnerability for 10s 《Max is 15s》and allies if they are within range. During that time, all damage is absorbed and split into Armor, Energy, Damage and Health. Once the timer has run out, the absorbed damage will be sorted into the aforementioned categories and Kronos and his allies, if damaged afterwards, will be granted a 12%《Max is 20%》Damage Reduction to that Damage type for 30s《Max is 50s》which will stack until 95%. Holding the ability, Kronos will drop to his knees and increase the pitch of his scream, dealing 1800 True Damage and causing 25 Bleed Damage/s《Max is 150 Bleed Damage/s》to any enemies within 60m.

{Initial cast: 400 Health.}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the invulnerability timer and the Damage Reduction timer. Ability Strength affects initial Damage Reduction and Bleed Damage/s. Ability Range increases the tapped scream range.》

A lot more unnecessary capping of stats and very reminiscent to Covenant but the actual ability effects and how it is obtained/scales (damage taken then divided) is very nice. Ofc he doesn't benefit from the energy increase but the rest sounds good. If I could change anything it would be to replace the Health with Health regeneration (increase the passive regen) but that's just me and effect could stay as is.

Screaming into his Bau Bell, Kronos summons a small horde of 4《Max is 14》miniature minions [Think Kuva Jesters] known as Sycophants, who will seek out enemies and attack them, dealing 150 Bleed Damage/s《Max is 300 Bleed Damage/s》[These Sycophants can also be customized like Venari]. Tapping the ability while targeting an enemy will send all Sycophants to attack them, staggering the enemy constantly and also leeching their defenses and health, applying it to themselves and giving 20% of it to Kronos and his allies. If the leeched enemy perishes during or after the leeching, they will be resurrected and will fight for Kronos for 40s. Holding the ability will cancel the Sycophants.

{Initial Cast: 600 Health.}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the Bleed tick speed. Ability Strength affects the Bleed Damage/s and the number of Sycophants and resurrected enemies. Ability Range has no affect.》

AI reliant abilities usually suck but since this is more of a hoard mentality of just run at an enemy and deal damage it would probably work really well. Starting at 4 with a cap of 14 would require 350% power strength and at that point it isn't even a cap anymore. The cap could be lowered or the base could be increased but as it is the cap doesn't do much except stop people from having fun with max strength setups (Nidus+Equinox+Kronos+Void Trace buff).

Just some additional points

• Every ability shouldn't increase health. Imagine if an energy based frame got refunded energy in all of their abilities... there wouldn't be much of a point of having ability costs at all.
  • Health increase should be limited to one ability (take Hildryn for example).

Also I feel like I'm just that ahole who complains about how base stats scale so I might as well embrace it...

Stats:
Armor - 300.
Energy - None.
Health - 650 (2600 at max rank).
Shield - 65 (150 at max rank).
Sprint Speed - 1.1

Yes, there is an increase in how certain stats scale because of the lack of energy so it isn't the basic 3x base for health/shields anymore but 4x stats (Krono's health) really only occurs in the absence of health/shield like in the case of Inaros (4x health with no shields). This happens because there are naturally more empty rank up slots when shields are removed then when energy is removed. For Hildryn, who has no energy, her shields scale by 3.5x and health by 3.0x which is what I'd assume would happen in this case. You have shields at 2.3x and health at 4.0x which might balance out the difference (I don't know which warframe ranks each stat increases) but it's safer to stay with the present trend of 3.0x and 3.5x for shields and health respectively. This would result in 2275 health and 195 shield at max rank with the given base stats.

This is an overall interesting kit and I'm not gonna turn away some edginess given the opportunity either.

16 hours ago, Gashabae said:

Why is the range/duration capped? If anything life steal should scale starting at a lower value with a cap. A few widely accessible life steal sources are Life Strike ,which only applies to heavy attacks at 20%, and Winds of purity, which is only available on a mediocre weapon at 20%. Take a comparable ability such as Penance which provides a measly 5% but can also increase weapon dps. Having a static 25% applying to all equipped weaponry is just too good. Also keep in mind all of his abilities cost health meaning he would essentially have an infinite source of 'energy' while this cheap first ability is up.

I ran into a similar problem when designing a mage themed frame called Syrme (Archived). His passive would allow health to be used when energy was depleted but this also gave him the unwanted ability to have infinite energy in the presence of certain Warframes/weapons (Trin/Oberon/Wisp/Hirudo/Amalgum Daikyu/etc.) Maybe my solution wasn't the best but straight up adding to the problem by allowing the frame to gain Life Steal seems a bit counterproductive.

Seems like a hybrid of The Lost (Gaze) and Blood Altar. Nothing wrong with that though. The added health drain sounds interesting but the health scaling off of health taken could be a bit too strong (a fixed amount per enemy would be more balanced). Again with the capping of range/duration? Lower the base stats if your concern is with the stats becoming too high after modding.

A lot more unnecessary capping of stats and very reminiscent to Covenant but the actual ability effects and how it is obtained/scales (damage taken then divided) is very nice. Ofc he doesn't benefit from the energy increase but the rest sounds good. If I could change anything it would be to replace the Health with Health regeneration (increase the passive regen) but that's just me and effect could stay as is.

AI reliant abilities usually suck but since this is more of a hoard mentality of just run at an enemy and deal damage it would probably work really well. Starting at 4 with a cap of 14 would require 350% power strength and at that point it isn't even a cap anymore. The cap could be lowered or the base could be increased but as it is the cap doesn't do much except stop people from having fun with max strength setups (Nidus+Equinox+Kronos+Void Trace buff).

Just some additional points

• Every ability shouldn't increase health. Imagine if an energy based frame got refunded energy in all of their abilities... there wouldn't be much of a point of having ability costs at all.
  • Health increase should be limited to one ability (take Hildryn for example).

Also I feel like I'm just that ahole who complains about how base stats scale so I might as well embrace it...

Yes, there is an increase in how certain stats scale because of the lack of energy so it isn't the basic 3x base for health/shields anymore but 4x stats (Krono's health) really only occurs in the absence of health/shield like in the case of Inaros (4x health with no shields). This happens because there are naturally more empty rank up slots when shields are removed then when energy is removed. For Hildryn, who has no energy, her shields scale by 3.5x and health by 3.0x which is what I'd assume would happen in this case. You have shields at 2.3x and health at 4.0x which might balance out the difference (I don't know which warframe ranks each stat increases) but it's safer to stay with the present trend of 3.0x and 3.5x for shields and health respectively. This would result in 2275 health and 195 shield at max rank with the given base stats.

This is an overall interesting kit and I'm not gonna turn away some edginess given the opportunity either.

This is some very well constructed feedback and criticism on my Warframe. I tip my hat to you. I have posted this on Discord and the main complaint as of typing this is the cap on Duration and Range. You, however, actually offer up some solutions to this problem. I'll be using your comment as a reference and probably many more if more do pop up. Thank you so much for taking time out your day to view my Warframe Concept ^_^

• 4 months later...
On 2020-09-10 at 3:34 PM, (PSN)CephalonAlcatraz said:

Tapping the ability, Akaal unleashes a blood curling scream which is heard within 15m, granting him invulnerability for 10s and allies if they are within range. During that time, all damage is absorbed and split into Armor, Energy, Damage and Health Regen. Once the timer has run out, the absorbed damage will be sorted into the aforementioned categories and Akaal and his allies, if damaged afterwards, will be granted a 12% Damage Reduction to that Damage type for 30s which will stack until 95%. Holding the ability, Akaal will drop to his knees and increase the pitch of his scream, dealing 1800 True Damage and causing 70 Bleed Damage/s to any enemies within 60m.

{Initial cast: 400 Health.}
《Ability Efficiency affects Health cost. Ability Duration affects the invulnerability timer and the Damage Reduction timer. Ability Strength affects initial Damage Reduction and Bleed Damage/s. Ability Range increases the tapped scream range.》

Screaming into his Bau Bell, Akaal summons a small horde of 7《Max is 14》miniature minions [Think Kuva Jesters] known as Sycophants, who will seek out enemies and attack them, dealing 150 Bleed Damage/s《Max is 300 Bleed Damage/s》[These Sycophants can also be customized like Venari]. Tapping the ability while targeting an enemy will send all Sycophants to attack them, staggering the enemy constantly and also leeching their defenses and health, applying it to themselves and giving 20% of it to Akaal and his allies. If the leeched enemy perishes during or after the leeching, they will be resurrected and will fight for Akaal for 40s. Holding the ability will cancel the Sycophants.

The 3 is honestly a bit broken considering it is what harrows 4 does but less damage focused and does more and honestly more worthy of being the 4th ability than the actual 4th ability in fact they could switch place and it would fine other than that this is a really well written concept, amazing theme, good and potential synergy, cheesability, and wonderful kit. 

Archived