Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let glaives use their stance when dual wielded with a secondary

Redpaws

As the title states: When using a glaive with a one handed secondary, let it use the stance you got equipped on it instead of the single combo it currently uses, and ONLY uses when wielded with a secondary. Being able to use Gleaming Talon or Astral Twilight instead (or Celestial Nightfall for the few Conclave folks) would make using glaives feel so much better, as well as more consistent. Currently glaives are the only melee to completely change its stance depending on what weapon you got out, and with melee 3.0 simplifying all combos, I really see no reason why this shouldn't be changed.

For console/controller players, is there clash in inputs that would prevent this from being viable for consoles? If not, there really is no reason not to change it.

I love the idea of glaive + secondary, but I just really hate the single combo you have with a secondary out, and there's no option to change it either. If I could use Gleaming Talon instead (my preferred stance for Glaives), I'd use it a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-11 at 2:41 PM, Iamabearlulz said:

Better option: Do this, but also make the current combo part of a full stance based around having the Glaive orbit the player.
Reason: I like that combo.

Gleaming Talon's forward combo (Ruin) is a quick jab, followed by two orbits. As a bonus, it doesn't lock you into place like the final attack of the dual wield combo does (where you toss the glaive straight forward). Main reason why I want this change, honestly! But it is an odd inconsistency when it comes to melee stances. Having a third stance with the dual wield combo included could be nice too, for those that do like it, but obviously would require more work. Honestly just want to be able to pick between using Astral Twilight and Gleaming Talon, even if I happen to be using a one handed secondary.

Archived