Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack really does need a way to play without a clan

LucidSeraph

Right, so, I recently left a clan I was in (not going to get into the reasons). I'm back in another clan in the same alliance, and I'm having to re-build a key. Yes, it's only 12 hours. Yes, I could rush the key. But this is still pretty lame that I'm completely locked out of doing any content with my own ship. I have probably the nicest ship in our alliance because RJ is my favorite mode, and I like to take newer players out to get them the mats they need to build their own. I can't really do that now. If I fly my own ship, I can't end missions without actually aborting them, because I can't get back to the Dojo. I can't change out my Avionics, Weapons, Shields, Engines, Reactor, because I can't access the panels in RJ (and yes, I'm the kind of weirdo who likes to have different builds for my RJ).

I completely understand wanting to encourage players to have an active clan, but I think it's pretty terrible that if you end up leaving your clan for any reason, you are SOL when it comes to your RJ until you join or create a new one (and if you make a solo clan, you still have to build the Dry Dock).

Personally, I think a nice compromise would be to have the ability to at least access your RJ's builds from Relays, and to dock/end missions at Relays.

Things you CAN'T do at this hypothetical Relay dock:

• Build your own Railjack
  • Research or purchase Sigma components
  • Repair wreckage

Things you CAN do at this hypothetical Relay dock:

• Change your Avionics
  • Change your already built components (engine, shields, guns)
  • Top up your payload
  • Change your RJ's appearance
  • Scrap Wreckage
  • End your Mission (this might be nice even if you're in a clan)

Yeah, this is a small thing, but I just feel like it'd be a nice QoL thing to have. It doesn't even have to be super fancy with animations or whatever, just a panel in the relay you can use.

15 minutes ago, LucidSeraph said:

Right, so, I recently left a clan I was in (not going to get into the reasons). I'm back in another clan in the same alliance, and I'm having to re-build a key. Yes, it's only 12 hours. Yes, I could rush the key. But this is still pretty lame that I'm completely locked out of doing any content with my own ship. I have probably the nicest ship in our alliance because RJ is my favorite mode, and I like to take newer players out to get them the mats they need to build their own. I can't really do that now. If I fly my own ship, I can't end missions without actually aborting them, because I can't get back to the Dojo. I can't change out my Avionics, Weapons, Shields, Engines, Reactor, because I can't access the panels in RJ (and yes, I'm the kind of weirdo who likes to have different builds for my RJ).

I completely understand wanting to encourage players to have an active clan, but I think it's pretty terrible that if you end up leaving your clan for any reason, you are SOL when it comes to your RJ until you join or create a new one (and if you make a solo clan, you still have to build the Dry Dock).

Personally, I think a nice compromise would be to have the ability to at least access your RJ's builds from Relays, and to dock/end missions at Relays.

Things you CAN'T do at this hypothetical Relay dock:

• Build your own Railjack
  • Research or purchase Sigma components
  • Repair wreckage

Things you CAN do at this hypothetical Relay dock:

• Change your Avionics
  • Change your already built components (engine, shields, guns)
  • Top up your payload
  • Change your RJ's appearance
  • Scrap Wreckage
  • End your Mission (this might be nice even if you're in a clan)

Yeah, this is a small thing, but I just feel like it'd be a nice QoL thing to have. It doesn't even have to be super fancy with animations or whatever, just a panel in the relay you can use.

I always wondered what happens if you leave a clan with a built railjack...some advice

Play on other's railjacks. You can edit your railjack from ANY dojo with a drydock at that point.
Scarlet Spear's Relay does everything you described above, but this is a limited time event that isn't currently available.

It makes sense that you can't fully modify your railjack without the proper docking area, staff and resources- but it's also kinda lame that the already existing relay in which you can do this isn't permanently available for players like yourself that find themselves in these situations. Good luck to you!

I hate the fact it's clan based too... i keep getting expelled from clans or leaving them... I just get triggered when i see stupid things happen on the chat or because long inactivity, or because the clan dies and i need to find new one, or because the chat is dead.

The perfect clan for me, would be one full of guys that just enjoy playing and talking and aren't there temporarily just for the blueprints.

I miss having a family like i had on metin2, the top 5 clan members (i was one) just loved each other so much , and the rest of the members respected each other, i became one of the best ninjas on the server ( wasn't the best because p2w) and it was largely because the clan would carry me so much and make me want to play, I just feel emptiness since i left metin 2 many years ago  over a HUGE p2w situation, and lost the clan.

Just came to the realization... could it be because the clan spoke my language?... ugh who knows

9 hours ago, redkunaz said:

I hate the fact it's clan based too... i keep getting expelled from clans or leaving them...

Don't join any gigantic clans. They do tend to advertise in recruiting or in the forum here that they have an inactive kick period so you know which to avoid. Either look for one that specifically says they're more casual or relaxed, or even pay attention to friendly people you meet in pub groups. Add some friends and if they're more chill, maybe their clan is too.

Archived