Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are indeed increasing Grasp of Lohk disarm range in round 1. Firing range experiments were a bit too wild for round 1, and we will come back to that decision much later in round 2.

more disarm = more survivability, nice! also more disarm = more guns 

unrelated: it seems xaku's 1 doesnt buff their 2. why thats so weird.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Le 10/09/2020 à 19:06, NoctiferPrime a dit :

I'm not sure balancing around 6-forma builds is the right call, but we'll see how these changes play out.

lol 3 umbra forma+3 forma?

you have one umbra forma per year. Xatu playable in 3years yes...

many spell of xatu what to many stat, duration, power and strech. it's a big mistake, we are obligated to play balanced. Good for everything, good for nothing

Many fram have good build with 2-3 forma

Edited by imaduyan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly i dont think this will be enough for them...

Many say that they need new skills and i kinda agree. Also please make it so Xaku doesnt get infected when casting their one, it looks bad and its literally a copy from nidus' parasitic link.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-10 at 1:00 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Grasp of Lohk

but the biggest problem with grasp is the base firing range is so short that it counter acts the ability being a ranged attack. it should be much longer than the disarm range, like atleast twice the range.

On 2020-09-10 at 1:00 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Deny

why not just give deny level scaling like grasp of lohk? it'd probably be easier and more consistent with no forced synergy. the other, bigger problem is that deny is a thin beam with limited range and no aoe. it'd be much more useable if it worked like an opticor with punchthrough, with no range limit on the beam length and range mods only affecting beam width and aoe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IamLoco said:

Can someone explain to me why Xaku is referred to as "they"?

Are "they" more than one person?

My school english tought me "they is plural".

its because they/them is a gender neutral term in English. its often used by people who identify as outside the binary of Male or Female

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mademon said:

its because they/them is a gender neutral term in English. its often used by people who identify as outside the binary of Male or Female

My understanding is that Xaku is literally assembled from multiple frames,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't try the Xaku revamp, but I'll still say this:

-The things I would still change are the Void status effects, the bullet attractor isn't very useful & can already be done by other means

-Xaku's 3 should only be a tap to cast the mind control, & hold to cast Gaze. Remove the Void beam as killing enemies with it isn't helpful as we can just use our weapons & save energy; & the lift effect doesn't help either since we could just mind control the enemies for a better effect

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's probably something you don't want because of the The Lost needing to be a rule of 3, but I don't get why Xata's Whisper and Deny can't work similar to Smite Infusion or Shock Trooper where you tap to cast and hold to grant yourself (and your allies) the damage bonus.

Edited by Raylo555
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-10 at 6:05 PM, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

 

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

Doesn't it give a bullet attractor like Mag's 2nd?

Edited by SonicCreeper21
Punctuation mistake
Link to post
Share on other sites

The changes seem very favorable to me after trying them.

Currently the problem is the state that causes the Void, how is it possible that instead of helping the team, it slows us down more in the murder of an NPC by not multiplying the damage or allowing us to shoot at weak points?

 

Also add, when you use Gaze on a target and grab Lohk, the weapons you get go crazy shooting at the Gaze target, losing some of the damage they can deal. Is it a mistake, or is it made on purpose?

Sorry if my English is not too good ^^

Edited by hanton95
Link to post
Share on other sites

i think a great idea for vast untime fix would be to make it function similar to iron skin so when the duration ends and all xakus pieces return depending on how many enemies were hit by it Xaku gains either 200 armour per or invulnerability until values hit zero , when ability is recast it automatically resets to zero 

Edited by DraggedBelowPrime
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tested out the new Marked for Death in the Simulacrum, and holy yikes the nerf is even worse than I thought.

As it is capped to the marked target's current health, not their total health, it means that if you kill a Marked enemy with low health (regardless of how much total health they normally have) the resulting radial damage is effectively nonexistent.

If you're playing solo with Excalibur, Inaros, Ash, Ivara or Sleep Equinox, MfD may have some value for softening up the occasional group of enemies (thanks to having abilities that open enemies up for Finishers), since there's no squad mates that can damage your chosen target and weaken the radial effect, but in general it's been nerfed down to the bedrock.

RIP Marked for Death. It went from having incredible, if somewhat niche potential, to being barely useful for like five frames out of around forty. This nerf is definitely excessive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

can you make deny work like the alt fire on the Sepulcrum? auto targeting things within range then firing beams per target. it would give it some reliable crowd control and actually hit the enemy.

its still really underwhelming with the changes as is. the single beam doesnt feel great to use and the damage isnt worth building around it 

Edited by Mademon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, Since I've already forma'd a ton and played Xaku a ton and with the new changes today... It is time to provide feedback about the frame again, based on these changes.

The frame does feel much nicer than the previous iteration. This version did fix most of Xaku's primary issues, but there's a little bit more than can be done in round 2 (including possible tone downs in areas).

Xaku's vast untime pausing ability durations has to be the most unique and nice thing I've seen in a new frame in a long time.

Octavia storing a battery of damage in mallet for infinite scaling with permanent invulnerability (aka invisibility) does exist and isn't so bad because of how boring the playstyle is.

Xaku's 2,3,4 combo of armor strip, infinite scaling damage to 1-2 shot enemies without armor (excluding nox), and the vast untime aiding in keeping durations decent all provide an interesting synergy that I approve of.

However, what does Xaku's 1 do with all that? I even managed to find use in accuse for some distractions along with the armor strip, and deny was good on enemies like Nox to lift them, but I had absolutely no reason to use Xata's Whisper.

What if while xata's whisper is active, the vast untime will give every enemy in radius the void vulnerability bonus damage based on the % of xata's whisper?

One thing that didn't make it through was that grasp of lohk weapons attack gazed targets and it would be great if that didn't happen, as one probably wants that enemy gazed to be alive if the duration were to end unexpectedly (cough nullifier/arb drone). Even if that didn't happen, them constantly shooting it is obnoxious.

About grasp of lohk... the recasting was a step in the right direction, but since the effectivity of the ability is based on alive enemies and if you decided that you wanted to recast, you don't want the active form to be killing the enemies. It would be better to have it cast or toggle off and then just cast again when ready. While it is nice to recast, I often find that I kill majority of the group if I desire to recast before getting within appropriate range and would be better off waiting for it to end and thus defeating the purpose of the recast.

Grasp of lohk's damage would be better off being a % of health/shield base instead of direct damage (similar to revenant) to get a better visual in the HUD for how effective strength values for it would be. However, this version would abide by armor instead of ignoring it I assume, considering synergy with gaze to not being irrelevant.

The vast untime giving slowing and damage vulnerability is a bit odd of a choice considering it reminds me of Nova too much. I would propose that instead of slowness (and not timescale), increase enemy movement speed based at 30% and have the effects and damage apply through walls in a sphere instead of radial circle. The "vast untime" would create an aura while making ability durations pause, would cause enemies to move faster and be less accurate by 25%, and shedding (the body) would increase the passive from 25% to 75% if they were to take the hit, it would do no damage, this is not related to accuracy, this is evasion. This aura would make it benefit allies by a minor 25% (25% chance to miss on top of 75% chance to not take damage would be 81.25% for Xaku vs 75%).

Note about reducing blast damage... That actually isn't what anyone wanted since blast damage is extremely high in the first place. Explosive aoe damage is an energy wave, the amount of force applied is dictated by surface area. With Xaku as a skeleton and using the power of the void to maintain here and now, it would make sense that Xaku was simply immune to aoe damage and knockdowns from them, or alternatively when the passive triggers on the aoe damage.

Since void damage in the 4 makes enemies vulnerability to damage, I was confused why void status isn't simply the cause of that, perhaps void status could be an infinitely stacking multiplier to damage based on how many statuses could be applied before durations ran out. This would give weapons with high firerate and low damage the ability to compete with high damage weapons more effectively. Using Xata's Whisper to create synergy for the damage vulnerability (to all forms of damage) with the 4 would be nice if players were to decide to not use Xaku's 2. It would be more weapon centered with a 1,3,4 combo to speed enemies up in an aura, deal good damage and status with the 1 (only if the 1 was a force proc to make fast firing weapons with no status or crit actually useful for a change), and some evasive bonuses for survivability. 

Xata's whisper % damage is absolutely horrible still and to compare with anything else in the game, would have to be at least 50-75% extra and force the status instead of taking away from the ones on the weapons.

Lastly... why in anyone's right mind would they classify Xata's whisper a "damage buffing" ability for helminth in terms of competition to eclipse, roar, or chroma? This is irritation if I want void status on a frame with a damage buffing ability already.

Edited by Velitria
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ceryk said:

That only works for the big ones you get from Eidolons and Eidolon hunting are an exercise in tedium, monotony, and dealing with super annoying people... so... yeah, that's included under the whole boring grind umbrella. Focus EXP should be gained through normal play.

Yeah I guess it's still understandable to make it gained through regular gameplay with how much focus xp they allow to to gain in one day. So I don't disagree with you one bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velitria said:

Alright, Since I've already forma'd a ton and played Xaku a ton and with the new changes today... It is time to provide feedback about the frame again, based on these changes.

The frame does feel much nicer than the previous iteration. This version did fix most of Xaku's primary issues, but there's a little bit more than can be done in round 2 (including possible tone downs in areas).

Xaku's vast untime pausing ability durations has to be the most unique and nice thing I've seen in a new frame in a long time.

Octavia storing a battery of damage in mallet for infinite scaling with permanent invulnerability (aka invisibility) does exist and isn't so bad because of how boring the playstyle is.

Xaku's 2,3,4 combo of armor strip, infinite scaling damage to 1-2 shot enemies without armor (excluding nox), and the vast untime aiding in keeping durations decent all provide an interesting synergy that I approve of.

However, what does Xaku's 1 do with all that? I even managed to find use in accuse for some distractions along with the armor strip, and deny was good on enemies like Nox to lift them, but I had absolutely no reason to use Xata's Whisper.

What if while xata's whisper is active, the vast untime will give every enemy in radius the void vulnerability bonus damage based on the % of xata's whisper?

One thing that didn't make it through was that grasp of lohk weapons attack gazed targets and it would be great if that didn't happen, as one probably wants that enemy gazed to be alive if the duration were to end unexpectedly (cough nullifier/arb drone). Even if that didn't happen, them constantly shooting it is obnoxious.

About grasp of lohk... the recasting was a step in the right direction, but since the effectivity of the ability is based on alive enemies and if you decided that you wanted to recast, you don't want the active form to be killing the enemies. It would be better to have it cast or toggle off and then just cast again when ready. While it is nice to recast, I often find that I kill majority of the group if I desire to recast before getting within appropriate range and would be better off waiting for it to end and thus defeating the purpose of the recast.

Grasp of lohk's damage would be better off being a % of health/shield base instead of direct damage (similar to revenant) to get a better visual in the HUD for how effective strength values for it would be. However, this version would abide by armor instead of ignoring it I assume, considering synergy with gaze to not being irrelevant.

The vast untime giving slowing and damage vulnerability is a bit odd of a choice considering it reminds me of Nova too much. I would propose that instead of slowness (and not timescale), increase enemy movement speed based at 30% and have the effects and damage apply through walls in a sphere instead of radial circle. The "vast untime" would create an aura while making ability durations pause, would cause enemies to move faster and be less accurate by 25%, and shedding (the body) would increase the passive from 25% to 75% if they were to take the hit, it would do no damage, this is not related to accuracy, this is evasion. This aura would make it benefit allies by a minor 25% (25% chance to miss on top of 75% chance to not take damage would be 81.25% for Xaku vs 75%).

Note about reducing blast damage... That actually isn't what anyone wanted since blast damage is extremely high in the first place. Explosive aoe damage is an energy wave, the amount of force applied is dictated by surface area. With Xaku as a skeleton and using the power of the void to maintain here and now, it would make sense that Xaku was simply immune to aoe damage and knockdowns from them, or alternatively when the passive triggers on the aoe damage.

Since void damage in the 4 makes enemies vulnerability to damage, I was confused why void status isn't simply the cause of that, perhaps void status could be an infinitely stacking multiplier to damage based on how many statuses could be applied before durations ran out. This would give weapons with high firerate and low damage the ability to compete with high damage weapons more effectively. Using Xata's Whisper to create synergy for the damage vulnerability (to all forms of damage) with the 4 would be nice if players were to decide to not use Xaku's 2. It would be more weapon centered with a 1,3,4 combo to speed enemies up in an aura, deal good damage and status with the 1 (only if the 1 was a force proc to make fast firing weapons with no status or crit actually useful for a change), and some evasive bonuses for survivability. 

Xata's whisper % damage is absolutely horrible still and to compare with anything else in the game, would have to be at least 50-75% extra and force the status instead of taking away from the ones on the weapons.

Lastly... why in anyone's right mind would they classify Xata's whisper a "damage buffing" ability for helminth in terms of competition to eclipse, roar, or chroma? This is irritation if I want void status on a frame with a damage buffing ability already.

When will these changes be made to xbox??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for these changes, but we still need to look at his passive.Evasion is very bad at higher levels its easy to die with xaku because it only takes two hits maybe 4 because he has low armor and medium health either add that so when you are in the ring of gaze that you get 1000-1500 armor or just rework that god awful passive.And also accuse needs to be recastable,aslo void damage is still a big problem because it deny's your ability to hit headshots you need to rework void damage and by doing that you will buff operators at the same time so its a win win looking forward to a even greater xaku

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DraggedBelowPrime said:

i think a great idea for vast untime fix would be to make it function similar to iron skin so when the duration ends and all xakus pieces return depending on how many enemies were hit by it they gain either 200 armour per or invulnerability until values hit zero , when ability is recast it automatically resets to zero 

 

6 hours ago, SonicCreeper21 said:

Doesn't it give a bullet attractor like Mag's 2nd?

yes it does and its really bad it prevents you from hitting headshots

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...