Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

The Void damage status proc still needs to be replaced. 

37 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Removing the Energy drain and keeping it a duration based ability. 

• Currently, the Energy drain on top of its casting cost and duration is far too restrictive and punishing. 

Then can Nyx's Absorb be changed to duration too...if that's what it takes to get Nyx some fixes? It's already kinda duration based since your energy will run out before you can deal enough damage back to kill anything with it. Either that or the rest of your team has already completed the entire mission and have been waiting at extraction for you for the last 10 minutes. 

eidolon shields are damaged with void damage, but not this void damage you need the other void damage.

if this sentence confuses you im saying only void damage from operator amps work on eidolon shields.

to make this simpler just dont call the void damage that dosent work on eidolon sheilds void damage, call it diov damage or something.

24 minutes ago, Genitive said:

This is a good change. However, void status effect is still bad. Do you have any plans of changing it?

Seriously. I've seen this mentioned, and even mentioned it in my own feedback on Xaku, many times. We need something that is both thematic and makes more sense. Honestly, Void Damage should be what causes the confusion from Radiation when you think about it. The Void drives people insane. Radiation should be a debuff that reduces enemy damage, speed, and max health since it causes weakness. But that will get of me off on a tangent about how I don't think a lot of the resistances make any sense and how a number of status effects should be changed or removed.

25 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

I don't think that will be enough to make Xaku viable.

Yeah, it needs a few more tweaks, I've already replaced "The Lost" with a clearly better power, due to its so trash, even with this change, its still not good.

Casting time needs to be changed across the board, The lost needs to remove the dumb cycle power system and Grasp of Lock needs an choice to pull your own weapons if no one is around. etc.

I'll make a full list later 

Interesting first round. Step in the right direction, let's see how this goes. Some preemptive feedback on the changes:

Passive - to clarify, does this mean the 25%/75% damage reduction against explosions is in addition to the current passive, rather than a replacement? Having both will certainly help, albeit still leaving Xaku's survival to chance and maneuvering.

Xata's Whisper (aka. Void Damage in General) - Removing those resistances are good to bring this damage type to near good-against-almost-everything standard. Please do revisit the status effect in round 2, and before that fix the old bullet attractor bug ASAP (you can damage and kill yourself if your own attack inside the Void bubble hits you).

Grasp of Lohk - These two changes will definitely help Xaku steal weapons fast enough to react in a pinch. With us able to reach the max weapons stolen per cast, refresh the ability, and sustain it for an even longer duration with The Vast Untime, Grasp will become quite a strong medium-close quarter defensive ability. Of course, I would like to see some stat changes to the damage and other interactions with Xaku's other abilities, but that can wait for round 2.

The Lost: Deny - Still concerned for its accuracy, so hopefully the cast time change massively improve in that department. More damage is good, but do consider synergy with Xata's Whisper as well.

The Vast Untime - Yes! Energy drain definitely had to go. The new synergy is surprisingly strong (fit for an ultimate indeed), in-depth testing is needed to see its true potential. I would assume that all abilities' durations (including currently active and newly cast) would be paused during Untime. That would be absolutely incredible and now paramount to maintaining Xaku's lasting effects on the battlefield.

Changes look neat! i will have to play with it more.

I would like to add my voice to the folks who would like the 2/gun grab ability's range to be a bit longer, maybe affinity range? feels kinda silly to grab a buncha guns but only have them matter activate in like shotgun range, esp when we have protea's turret that will just GO. and nuke anything. It doesn't have to be like, mesa levels of range, but it'd be nice to have it be almost defensive and start attacking folks earlier/further out.

38 minutes ago, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

Now this here is a damn good idea.

58 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast. 

Currently, the Energy drain on top of its casting cost and duration is far too restrictive and punishing. 

Long awaited tweaks! Nice!!!1

Adding Synergy between The Vast Untime and all of Xaku’s other abilities. 

• How it will work: Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. This was suggested in our feedback readings and we quite enjoyed the play on the ‘untime’ theme and the added benefit to Xaku overall! We feel that since this no longer has an Energy drain, and that it halts the timer on other abilities, the energy demands of Xaku’s kit will be significantly lessened. 

Oh this is gonna be nice. So far it is read pretty well :)
But i still miss a bit more base range especically on Gaze and Grasp :)

I hope that Deny can deal decent damage now even against lvl 100+ Enemies :)

Accuse has a strange behaviour i guess. Since once they got controlled and become allies they dont get affected by certain CC Abilities like Vauban Vortex 🤔

Any of these change is quite ok for me to test it out later.

But please on skill 2 - Grasp of Lohk - Please increast it's fire targetting range, at least give us Range mod modify on it. Now it's too short. You need to go like in melee range to let's that skill shot your enemy. We take their gun not melee weapon!

Void damage needs a new status effect. Mini polarize isn't really all that helpful. Perhaps, have a new proc where it permanently reduces armor and shields of enemy up to 90%. All in all, it is a super niche damage type, which we only ever use for removing Sentient resistances. 

As for Xaku, her 2 could benefit greatly from increased fire-rate on her stolen guns, like 6.66 rounds per second. Also maybe have the damage on the guns scale with enemy level just like Vauban's flechete orb. Also Xaku's abilities are a bit restrictive in movement, namely the 3rd ability. 

The changes on her ultimate seem quite promising. 

Her passive dodge chance should just be changed to 25% chance to ignore any instance of damage. Dodge chance in general should be either replaced or removed. 

Overall I think this is a positive though there are a few things I am disappointed to see aren't being addressed. 

1. Void Proc Effect - Currently Void status makes the enemy a bullet magnet but it only goes for center mass. This makes it entirely impossible to get head shots until the effect ends, this would be amazing if only it targeted the head but at the moment it doesn't, so even with this current change to void damage for many builds this will still be a massive decrease in damage.

2. Still No Scaling On Stolen Weapons - Or rather I should say, no good scaling. Currently the damage is so low that unless you only ever use the stolen weapons in conjunction with the armor strip at full power, then you still can't do anything. The weapons need some level of scaling, it doesn't have to be much since there will be many of them, but there needs to be more than there is. 

3. Deny Needs a Wider Shot - I really like the sound of the changes to Deny. That being said most single target damage abilities in Warframe are never used. I think having Deny be conical blast in front of Xaku, as opposed to a single beam will make it far more viable, though we will have to see.

All that being said I do like the changes coming, especially those to The Vast Untime and their passive. Not bad for a first pass but I do wish some of the above issues would have been more directly addressed. All in all not everything I wanted, but definitely not bad by any means, hopefully these will be better in practice than they look on paper (like Protea's buffs were) and if not then hopefully a second pass will be enough to make Xaku a power house. 

51 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A couple of posts, notably those written by people with verified 6 Forma installations, have realized just how powerful Gaze can be in certain mission types. So we are leaving Gaze untouched for now so we can continue to evaluate it within the realm of those who have invested Forma and time into Xaku to hit this sweet power spot.

Accuse is also untouched for this round, but first thing on our list for next round would be allowing Accuse to be re-cast, but we are awaiting that decision based on how this Round goes.

The problem with both of these abilities (and Grasp of Lohk) is that the base range is so limited that you need to run with Stretch or something similar, while Gaze also needs more than an Umbral Intensify worth of power strength to reach 100% armor reduction (similar abilities, like Nyx's, do fine with just a regular Intensify alone).

53 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

How it will work: Instead of a 25% chance for incoming damage to pass through Xaku entirely, AOE damage will simply take a 25% damage reduction (75% while The Vast Untime is active).

Yo, this needs clarification. "Instead of" means "replacing", not "in addition to". Does this mean you're replacing Xaku's current passive? If so, that's not an improvement. We face AOE damage a lot less than we face projectiles. If you're replacing it, then we'd be taking the damage of that AOE projectile, but the AOE portion would be the only reduced part, meaning we would then take full damage on all projectiles too, not just AOE ones.

If what you meant was "in addition to", then great! But maybe a proof reader next time?

So far these changes would be a great start to bringing xaku to a better place; however xaku's biggest downfall isn't the damage that he deals, but they damage type he deals. After the changes void damage doesn't have any resistances, a good start but it doesn't have any real benefit either. I propose that the bullet attract effect is moved to magnetic damage and is able to also attract enemy bullets as well, but it has a slightly smaller attraction radius to compensate. A new status effect for void damage should go in line with what the void itself does, it corrupts over time, so the new void status effect should be able to stack up to 5 times each time give a flat % boost to crit chance and status chance after mods that is applied to that specific enemy. For example 5% additive crit and status chance per stack of void status effect capping at 25% bonus crit chance and status chance to the enemy. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are making Void damage ‘True Neutral’ by removing the 50% resistance of Void damage on Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies - a long desired request for Void damage.

Praise the void!

Or well, I would be if not for the Necraloid lore reveals.

While all of these changes seem to be a step in the right direction, I feel like it won't be enough for me to dust the warframe off and try it.
Xaku's biggest problem so far is that what the warframe does can be done better by others in many ways.

Archived