I find annoying how the cycle between works, I wish they were easier to read or follow during combat.

The changes are definitely in a good direction but it doesn't really feel like related to the void despite just doing a bit of Void Damage which doesn't really give any benefit at all.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Here is how we are changing Xaku

Overall good changes all around but here is how I'll change him. He needs way more work then what "this" appears to be.

ere is how we are changing Xaku’s Passive: 

• Including AOE damage reduction as part of Xaku’s Passive. 
    • How it will work: AOE damage will simply take a 25% damage reduction (75% while The Vast Untime is active).
    • Currently, Xaku’s Passive reduces incoming weapon damage. Which includes projectile, hitscan, and melee attacks, but does not include any protection from enemy AOE damage. For example, if an enemy shot a rocket at Xaku, the projectile itself would have a 25% chance to pass through them and deal no damage (75% with The Vast Untime), but the explosion following would have the full effect. With this change, Xaku’s Passive grants them 25% damage reduction on the following AOE explosion from that rocket. That’s increased to 75% when Xaku is running around bare bones!

Xaku’s Passive Changes:

•  AOE damage will now simply take a 75% damage reduction (100% while The Vast Untime is active).
  • Xaku is now immune to ALL Magnetic Procs & can no longer be staggered or knocked down
  • When Vast Untime is active, his passive is pasted onto his Allys.

Here is how we are changing Xata’s Whisper:

• We are making Void damage ‘True Neutral’ by removing the 50% resistance of Void damage on Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies - a long desired request for Void damage.
    • Currently, Void damage is relatively ineffective against Cloned Flesh and Fossilized enemies which greatly limits the use of Xata’s Whisper on Grineer and Infested enemies. In an effort to give it (and Void damage in general) more utility across enemy categories, we are removing this resistance so that it aligns with its neutral effectiveness against the other enemy types. It is important to note that Eidolons, Amalgams, and certain bosses will still maintain this resistance.

Great change to The Void Damage, but the power itself still needs some touching up!

• Xata's Whisper now applys to Eidolons, just like Amps can!
  • When cast Xata gains Void Traces around his body that seeks out near by hostiles and makes near by hostiles more acceptable to Void Damage. 
  • Can be re-casted with no cost (if there is still a timer in-effect, if the timer runs out, costs the normal amount)  

Here is how we are changing Grasp of Lohk:

• Increasing the speed at which enemies are disarmed so that it occurs earlier in the casting animation. Also increasing the casting animation speed overall. 
    • Currently, the point of when enemies are disarmed once Grasp of Lohk is cast is far too delayed. 
  • Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast. 
    • How it will work: Any existing Grasp of Lohk weapons will simply be replaced by the new cast up to the maximum amount of targets.
    • Currently, once Grasp of Lohk is cast you are locked with the weapons that were grabbed until the end of the ability’s duration. This is obviously limiting if the ability was cast with undesired effect. To counteract this limitation, we are adding the option to recast. With the added benefit of resetting the ability’s duration and disarming a new set of enemies where/when desired. 

Good changes, no need for them to change here, but need one or two small tweaks to make much better!

• If casted with no enemies near by it will now take a copy of Xaku's primary weapon
  • Void damage from Void replicas now reset Sentient damage resistance.

• Xata's Whisper does grant additional Void damage to Void replicas

Here is how we are changing The Lost: Deny

This power needs to be either removed or changed completely, there is a reason why I have removed this power in favor of a much more stronger power (Breach Surge/Mind Control, etc). This power needs be heavily changed or it will be stayed as a replaced Power. No one likes Cycle powers, it breaks the flow., Grant it one single power and combine all the effects into one. 

• Void beam Tap: Places hostiles into the air and binds the first it hits
  • Void Beam Hold: All who are hit are Accused

Here is how we are changing The Vast Untime:

• Removing the Energy drain and keeping it a duration based ability. 
    • Currently, the Energy drain on top of its casting cost and duration is far too restrictive and punishing. 
  • Adding Synergy between The Vast Untime and all of Xaku’s other abilities. 
    • How it will work: Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. This was suggested in our feedback readings and we quite enjoyed the play on the ‘untime’ theme and the added benefit to Xaku overall! We feel that since this no longer has an Energy drain, and that it halts the timer on other abilities, the energy demands of Xaku’s kit will be significantly lessened. 
      • Note: This will not apply to Helminth abilities and abilities from other Warframes from Helminth subsuming. 

Great changes all around, but remove this "Note" that you have made and allow it to apply to Helminth abilities and abilities from other Warframes from Helminth subsuming, The lost is still a useless power.

P.S: Give Void damage some big buff, for example like how Slag works from Borderlands: "once a target is slagged, any non-slag damage that target takes is doubled, including effects from elemental affinities, critical hits, melee, and damage over time."

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

This would make void damage a lot more viable overall and more useful and the operators could be decent outside of very low levels not to mention xaku being even better. I agree that this change should be made.

3 hours ago, D1videdByZer0 said:

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

I had the excat same idea!

Great minds think alike!

Personally I was enjoying Xaku...decent frame and abilities are always a hit n miss affair. Most frames I have no need for more than one exclusive ability and a couple of frames I think that all the abilities are pretty cool.

My only gripe is that you will tweak and poke until you see a huge number of players running with Xaku and then the Nerf Hammer comes out again.....Always does sadly. Everything you make awesome and players flock to you decide "OOPS WAY TOO POPULAR" And the excuse is always the same BALANCE

Well good luck with that

Looks like nice changes to me, especially the change to make Void damage a 'true neutral' type. I am still a little confused though on what this means for Amalgams, Eidolons, and Amps though, I always assumed Eidolons did not resist Void dmg since they have Shield, Robotic, and Alloy armor, so does this mean they have a hidden resistance modifier? And are Amalgams will a special case since they are Sentient hybrids? I assume the Amalgam exception must be for lore reasons.  I think it would help if the Codex listed any resistance to Void damage if there will be special cases, just for clarification.

• Like 1

2 things that i think a lot of people on this thread are pointing out:

1. Evasion isnt a fun mechanic: honestly i dont think that evasion is as bad as people say it, its a unreliable survivability option and 75% is actually pretty low especialy in steel path or mission types with tons of enemys. Cant you just bump the stats to 95% when on vast untime? Or give it some damage reduction so you dont get downed 25% of the times your evasion does miss? Honestly I dont know how op evasion can be on this game since only a few frames get access to it, and when they have access to it its usualy limited in some way (like titania on razorwing and i guess Baruuk not being able to fight while using his 1).

2. More base range on The Lost: Accuse and Gaze are already pretty good as it is, but we could benefit on some base range boost on them (especially if you dont want to go trough accuse being able to be re-cast).
The real problem is Deny, now for deny you need to make it a AOE like the other 2 abilitys or give it like a cone area of effect cause even with a 5x multiplier its not a fun ability to use. On its current state deny is basicaly a single target ability on a horde based shooter and on the rare case where deny is good, a weapon with punch through can do its job better at no energy cost.

The changes to his other abilitys seem fine as it is, and its a overall step forward for xaku. I hope you guys keep reading the comunity feedback and maybe someday we will get to a point where xaku will feel more powerfull and fun to play with.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, johnno23 said:

Personally I was enjoying Xaku...decent frame and abilities are always a hit n miss affair. Most frames I have no need for more than one exclusive ability and a couple of frames I think that all the abilities are pretty cool.

My only gripe is that you will tweak and poke until you see a huge number of players running with Xaku and then the Nerf Hammer comes out again.....Always does sadly. Everything you make awesome and players flock to you decide "OOPS WAY TOO POPULAR" And the excuse is always the same BALANCE

Well good luck with that

Well Xakus at the literally bottom of the barrel. There is no frame that is worse than her. So DE can really only improve her. And she does need massive changes in order to actually be good. These changes only benefit her 1 and 4. It doesn’t fix her 2 being. Damage ability that can’t deal damage or her 3 only having one good mode, and that’s only if you exclusively build for it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Finedaible said:

Looks like nice changes to me, especially the change to make Void damage a 'true neutral' type. I am still a little confused though on what this means for Amalgams, Eidolons, and Amps though, I always assumed Eidolons did not resist Void dmg since they have Shield, Robotic, and Alloy armor, so does this mean they have a hidden resistance modifier? And are Amalgams will a special case since they are Sentient hybrids? I assume the Amalgam exception must be for lore reasons.  I think it would help if the Codex listed any resistance to Void damage if there will be special cases, just for clarification.

It means you can’t bring Xaku into a tricap or Ropalolyst fight and damage their shields with her.

• Like 1

I like the changes, thank you. Looking forward to test it.

However, since you guys are changing Void damage, can you make Limbo do Void damage? He is the magician of the Void, yet his skills do Impact damage.

Thanks.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Lakyus said:

I like the changes, thank you. Looking forward to test it.

However, since you guys are changing Void damage, can you make Limbo do Void damage? He is the magician of the Void, yet his skills do Impact damage.

Thanks.

I second this.

• Like 2

Void damage still has the bullet attractor status effect which massively nerfs damage output due to the inability to hit headshots.

Gaze "is so powerful"... No. Those people literally just said that it is the ONLY ability currently worth using and still not "blow out the water amazing". It can stay as it is... but it needs more range because it is stationary.

The duration increase from Vast Untime for other abilities... I see people trolling keeping up a Gaze'd target for ages to prevent mission progress already. It also actively NERFS Accuse , making it even worse than it already was since you are locked out from casting it even longer.

Also dodge chance is still vastly inferior to DR and is a terrible idea for an ult.

Edited by ShikiRen
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

Gaze "is so powerful"... No. Those people literally just said that it is the ONLY ability currently worth using and still not "blow out the water amazing". It can stay as it is... but it needs more range because it is stationary.

Range is generally an issue for Xaku. Graps of Lohk, Accuse, Gaze, all are mostly useless without at least Stretch, otherwise they don't hit much more than melee range. All of these should have their base range increase be 50%.

12 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

The duration increase from Vast Untime for other abilities... I see people trolling keeping up a Gaze'd target for ages to prevent mission progress already. It also actively NERFS Accuse , making it even worse than it already was since you are locked out from casting it even longer.

I think the targets chained up by Gaze don't count as alive e.g. for the purpose of proceeding to the next defense wave., similar to Revenant's thralls. Full ack with regards to Accuse, that ability should be recastable as well, and imo it should place Fissure at the target location that keeps corrupting enemies within range, recasting should remove the old Fissure and create a new one.

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There is no frame that is worse than her. 

Are we sure of that? I don't think Xaku's launch state was worse than Hydroid.

@IamLoco learn to read before posting. You can do all the builds you want for it with 1 or 2 formas, those with 6 are just people testing every possible thing.

Edited by DLOArceus