Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.8 + 29.0.8.1

[DE]Megan

33 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Do you have access to the Helminth system yet?

I ask because if you do the resources which compose the pods can be fed to it and at such a low rate (3) that it's quite favorable to get that resource type with them.

Additionally, there's a mission which will require you to use the pods and craft them into a heartier form to lure out a specific enemy.  Pardoning the pun, it may be an earth shaking event that is needed....

Assuming you're talking to me and not the OP that I had responded to...  I do (have the Helminth System Upgrade built and installed) and have positively no interest (at the present time) in playing swap the warframe powers given that the current iteration in updates & hotfixes is still extremely buggy, but also is in dire need of continue code clean-up to smooth out the bugginess of the game-mode. 

Further I would like to add that the Warframes I've played with on a squad that have had certain abilities switched out based according to individual play-style cannot remotely keep up to the damage outputs, Kill Counts, and general squad support I have seen of them.  Durability seems to give these players the confidence to do missions, although I can't be sure whether it's truly the ability swapped or a placebo effect.

While it's true this is my perspective and is in no means authoritative (nor should be taken as such) -- I see this "dream warframe building" either as novelty at best, or the godsend for players that that don't like, know or maximize the current kit of the warframe once it's been built.  I also see it as a good way for some players to slake the boredom -- and burn out -- they get for hard running missions hours and days at a time, the same way.  

When it's all smoothed out, I might consider it.  Until then though -- people should enjoy it if it brings them joy.  I early adopted once before and got severely burned on it.  And as the old saying goes, "once bitten, twice shy....

Compared to before all the muck-up, the operator you present here as improved still looks bad.

Quote from the glorious PSA regarding rendering and autoexposure https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203051-psa-brightness-changes-in-hotfix-2806/  

On 2020-09-02 at 6:32 PM, Cobaltsaber said:

Exposure still looks awful after they fixed color correction. This is a screenshot from before the change and after. Top is before and looks pretty good, bottom is after. Same settings on both screenshots

vUKu3F0.jpg

There is a bug been around for a long time, When I play Revenant and use Danse Macabre[4] . Sometimes I will be stuck. I can't end my ability until I run out of energy and I can't use Reave[3] either. After I ran out of energy, I will be moved to the place wherer I start to use Danse Macabre[4].    I like revenant very much, but the bug makes me feel unhappy. 

I'd really appreciate fixes for this bug.

While mining in the cambion drift with my friend, I was thrown halfway across the map for some reason and i got stuck inside the terrain. For some reason, teleporting and throwing you around is still happening while in a necramech or in warframe. I would have lost a lot of resources if i didnt have a friend to pull me through extraction. DE forget the infested kitguns and second necramech, fix the huge issues first. If they are not fixed people wont get necramechs or care to use them and when you bring in a second one in, it will cause not only people to boo but to be uninterested and fear reliving these nightmares of losing resources. Thuamica is already painful to get and I cant imagine getting more since its drop rate was comparable to scintillant before you shoved it into the necramech's already horrendous loot table. What ever road map you have, drop it, there is simply too many issues and too many poor decisions happening and too many veterans are not interested in beta testing something and would rather feel like a high mastery rank means anything besides getting called a no lifer and getting cucked bc you think a fish trophy is worth 99,000 standing and a seriglass shard. Hell I'd rather spending that grandmother standing on anything else but instead I bought a seriglass shard only to receive lack luster dialogue and a cheesey nickname from the family. It says something when I complete my rank up and stream it to people and everyone said the same thing, "That is what you spent 99,000 standing and a seriglass shard on!? Good to note that ranking up is not worth a single point of standing what so ever." The really funny part is when we listened to the orokin rune lore behind Loid and we thought that was 10x more interesting than the last 3 rank up dialogues. 
So, lets condense this: Cut the road map if there is one since you guys arent fixing or making good decisions on stuff because you still have issues like garuda's talons which have been around for... oh i dont know... how about you ask the people who are dedicated to Garuda and actually play her and have apparently been trying to wave this in your face that there are huge issues that have been around for months and years. Fix those before you bring out infested kitguns or a second necramech. If the grind is not worth a whimsical reward of a fish trophy then what i say is simple, boycott maxing out your reputation with the entrati. I dont want to pay all my resources for something disappointing and cheesey with a reward that says sucks to be you loser. I dont expect to be heard but what I do expect is for 70% of veterans to say screw it and uninstall and wait 6 months till DE disappoints the community by releasing bad fixes along with Harrow Prime instead of Nezha Prime. I bet you they wouldnt even give Harrow a rework or buff if they released the prime before Nezha Prime. I'm no genius but please, convince me that people are satisfied with the fixes because if you tell me yes they are or that they should be, why, why wouldnt anybody want a trashy trophy? You have captura scenes, you have glyphs, you have so many other things that would could have been choosing, and when I got to that screen and saw the fish trophy, I wanted to uninstall. I was hoping for the captura scene but i guess i get what i get, a middle finger. 
Wake me up when they give Arquebex its 9th mod slot with polarity or the polarity back, when the Cambion drift isn't a buggy infested cheese rock, and when DE actually says sorry about anything.

unknown.png?width=1204&height=677unknown.png?width=1250&height=677

2 hours ago, BlairL said:

There is a bug been around for a long time, When I play Revenant and use Danse Macabre[4] . Sometimes I will be stuck. I can't end my ability until I run out of energy and I can't use Reave[3] either. After I ran out of energy, I will be moved to the place wherer I start to use Danse Macabre[4].    I like revenant very much, but the bug makes me feel unhappy. 

I'd really appreciate fixes for this bug.

This bug has been there since the beginning. There have been a lot of bug reports about it. They either cannot fix it or they dpn´t care.

7 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

Assuming you're talking to me and not the OP that I had responded to...  I do (have the Helminth System Upgrade built and installed) and have positively no interest (at the present time) in playing swap the warframe powers given that the current iteration in updates & hotfixes is still extremely buggy, but also is in dire need of continue code clean-up to smooth out the bugginess of the game-mode. 

Further I would like to add that the Warframes I've played with on a squad that have had certain abilities switched out based according to individual play-style cannot remotely keep up to the damage outputs, Kill Counts, and general squad support I have seen of them.  Durability seems to give these players the confidence to do missions, although I can't be sure whether it's truly the ability swapped or a placebo effect.

While it's true this is my perspective and is in no means authoritative (nor should be taken as such) -- I see this "dream warframe building" either as novelty at best, or the godsend for players that that don't like, know or maximize the current kit of the warframe once it's been built.  I also see it as a good way for some players to slake the boredom -- and burn out -- they get for hard running missions hours and days at a time, the same way.  

When it's all smoothed out, I might consider it.  Until then though -- people should enjoy it if it brings them joy.  I early adopted once before and got severely burned on it.  And as the old saying goes, "once bitten, twice shy....

My error, I forgot to quote the original post as well.

Regarding Helminth...MR 8.  10% of content at the time of release.  The failing is in giving people with little to no exposure to complicated systems the ability to unbalance frames.

The short version of this is to ask "why was everyone excited about Roar?"  The longer version is to ask why exactly a player that doesn't even have the ability to automatically slot ayatan sculptures capable of literally break a balanced frame before they can even understand how the mechanics work together.

Personally, I think DE chose some idiotic powers.  They then released buggier than usual, with their updates progressively getting worse somehow.  All of that has been topped by content that is not fun to earn, because it's surprisingly RNG heavy and expensive.  This entire mess has me asking when exactly the game will be as stable as it was  two months ago.

Regarding the early adopting in warframe....  I remember when the parts for archguns were a drop on the interception missions rotation C and rare,  I remember all of the initial release of conclave.  Can't say I went back after about 3 attempts to get a match and none of them would be what I could call fun.  Beyond that fun I'm part of the people who rushed out to build railjack, started a Lich week one, got curb stomped by the issues with Scarlet Spear, and discovered the joys of an AFK farm for Dog Days when killing a single enemy rewarded the same as actually trying. 

The point here is that nothing DE has ever released could be charitably called a beta.  We get early or middle alpha, patches move it to late alpha, then a shiny ball drops and DE is on to the next thing before everything is functional.  The only example I can state otherwise is Disruption...but that was a two phase release and an economy rework.  Everything else is a release, maybe a revisit, then a year of bug fixing if it is ever fixed.

I am currently at rank 10 for the Helminth.  It's not a source of pride, simply a measure of subsuming a frame daily so that once it's less complete jank it might be fun.  Personally, I find the stupid combos more useful than anything else.  By this I mean things like giving up Switch Teleport on Loki, getting Banish, and having a decoy that draws aggro with no ability to kill for 42+ seconds.  There are immediate benefits....and immediately obvious cheese.  Between you and I it's trivial to do an Adaro run with any frame that has silence.  Go for duration, efficiency, and Naramon focus school.  Equip an Atterax.  Watch as the power leveling and focus rolls in faster than you can imagine.  

This is to say that I expect a lot of nerfs in about three months.  By that time Deimos will be good enough to let sit for half a year, there are supposed to be two additional frames released, and it'll be 2021.  At that point if the Helminth is garbage it'll be a one and done like clan tech.  The dojo exclusive content that we often forget exists because it only seems to release once a year despite having so many different labs.

5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

My error, I forgot to quote the original post as well.

Regarding Helminth...MR 8.  10% of content at the time of release.  The failing is in giving people with little to no exposure to complicated systems the ability to unbalance frames.

The short version of this is to ask "why was everyone excited about Roar?"  The longer version is to ask why exactly a player that doesn't even have the ability to automatically slot ayatan sculptures capable of literally break a balanced frame before they can even understand how the mechanics work together.

Personally, I think DE chose some idiotic powers.  They then released buggier than usual, with their updates progressively getting worse somehow.  All of that has been topped by content that is not fun to earn, because it's surprisingly RNG heavy and expensive.  This entire mess has me asking when exactly the game will be as stable as it was  two months ago.

Regarding the early adopting in warframe....  I remember when the parts for archguns were a drop on the interception missions rotation C and rare,  I remember all of the initial release of conclave.  Can't say I went back after about 3 attempts to get a match and none of them would be what I could call fun.  Beyond that fun I'm part of the people who rushed out to build railjack, started a Lich week one, got curb stomped by the issues with Scarlet Spear, and discovered the joys of an AFK farm for Dog Days when killing a single enemy rewarded the same as actually trying. 

The point here is that nothing DE has ever released could be charitably called a beta.  We get early or middle alpha, patches move it to late alpha, then a shiny ball drops and DE is on to the next thing before everything is functional.  The only example I can state otherwise is Disruption...but that was a two phase release and an economy rework.  Everything else is a release, maybe a revisit, then a year of bug fixing if it is ever fixed.

I am currently at rank 10 for the Helminth.  It's not a source of pride, simply a measure of subsuming a frame daily so that once it's less complete jank it might be fun.  Personally, I find the stupid combos more useful than anything else.  By this I mean things like giving up Switch Teleport on Loki, getting Banish, and having a decoy that draws aggro with no ability to kill for 42+ seconds.  There are immediate benefits....and immediately obvious cheese.  Between you and I it's trivial to do an Adaro run with any frame that has silence.  Go for duration, efficiency, and Naramon focus school.  Equip an Atterax.  Watch as the power leveling and focus rolls in faster than you can imagine.  

This is to say that I expect a lot of nerfs in about three months.  By that time Deimos will be good enough to let sit for half a year, there are supposed to be two additional frames released, and it'll be 2021.  At that point if the Helminth is garbage it'll be a one and done like clan tech.  The dojo exclusive content that we often forget exists because it only seems to release once a year despite having so many different labs.

Normally I would be breaking this down and addressing the points in a typical Usenet manner, however I feel, many of the points here should be left intact with their context given that you had covered what I intended in a much more succinct and pertinent manner than I could at the time of my response.  

I'm not going for my more dramatic approach (i.e., Balance Breaking), instead point out the obvious that you and I both know from the 6 - 7 years we've been with the game that DE has routinely made often arbitrary decisions when it comes to Mastery Locking and sought after items put behind time-gated barriers.  Time-gating and mastery locking done that gives the player base a challenge instead of being something impossibly unobtainable that it feels either rage-inducing or Dungeon Master-leveled sadistic...  (Something I feel Elite: Dangerous often completely lacks, misses the point  and causes a huge white elephant in the room that they fail to address).  

It's also clear that you're right (and we definitely agree) in that this Helminth Upgrade is not only a half-baked alpha drop on the community (so that DE could get numbers from the masses to see how and what they should be tweaking, removing and adding to it according to the stampede that it creates); I would like to point out as a reminder it was also a concession to it being MR 8 that was performed when DE saw the amount of new players and low-MR players scrambling to dojos to do Rising Tide to get their own Railjack.  And because these low level/new players didn't have the necessary resources, they then clamoured to the forums complaining to anyone that would hear them that the resource requirements were much too high.  

This is also why those veterans and new players that did early adopt the Railjack game mode, got 80% of their resources back, and why today the costs for a Railjack is one-fifth (20%) the total cost. 

This is also why we're seeing the Helminth Upgrade Segment time-gated behind a level 3 neutral syndicate and costing a mere 15K standing.  This is also why we're seeing the exorbitant costs for bile which has been causing quite the stir for new players given that they're saying it's much too expensive...  And this is why we're seeing the whinging and clamouring this thread and the forums about the exorbitant material costs, and still paying the costs for doing it. 

And what I say next are for the people brave enough to read through my ramblings....  You don't like the costs?  Boycott it.  Screaming in the forums might get you SOME concessions, but take it from a gay activist with more than 30 years experience there organizing them:  boycotting does so much more.  

You're also very right and put to words the sinking thoughts and feelings that I had when I saw the mixed and matched warframes with subsumed powers added to them when you said, "...The failing is in giving people with little to no exposure to complicated systems the ability to unbalance frames.." As a closet optimist, I believe and wish that some might actually get out of the "lazy-meta ways" and learn the true complexity of the game.  And even if that wish doesn't come true, hey, at least I get to watch (and be amused) by the actions they often performed in a mission when I go public. 

The only word I have issue with in that otherwise good and solid response is the word "nerf" when it comes to the whole game/environment of Warframe.  While I'm not sure you experienced first hand (or second hand), when DE did their hardcore knee-jerk nerfing which we still call Vivergate, it remains a constant reminder to both the player base that experienced it and the developers which still haunt them, just how careful DE has been about actually nerfing things in the game (out of fear of player retribution).   

While, I begrudgingly agree it's their game and they can do it as they please, I'm really careful about using the word nerfing when DE reworked something.  I will always playtest the changes and often see that it's not a nerf -- but instead more a safeguard to lazy playing styles, forcing players to learn the new synergies that require thought.  Something a lot of impatient and often instantaneous-gratification-takes-too-long players don't want to do when it comes a recreational pastime...  

...and ironically, turning that very recreational pastime into a second, third, or even fourth job and then whinging about it on the forums because it's been turned into work and not play.  Turned into, I might stress, done by the player and not the game.  

I know...  This response is rambling, comes off as proselytizing and that I feel that I'm preaching to the choir (as I feel you and I are more of like minds than this response indicates), but the closet optimist that I am, hopes that perhaps in my ramblings, and sermonizing; perhaps  someone skimming the forums might change their opinion enough to take a better response to all these half-baked ideas from DE and all the unnecessary noise in the forums and simply enjoy the game while reporting back what's not working about it.  

After all, constructive criticism doesn't mean you hate the game; but instead you invested the time and energy, to investigate and help with making something better than it currently is.  

3 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

This really needs to be looked at. The bug completely breaks your character and you're forced to abort/abandon mission since /unstuck fails to fix it.

Yes it really does need fixing, in the meantime stop using the 5000 standing fishing rod, or don't stand on the what passes for rivers you will get stuck using the more expensive rod, go back to the cheap one it doesn't get stuck, been there done that.

I was lucky a Clan mate joined my game and went to the gate and started the get back to the gate count down.

Fun glitch. Cast Wukon's Celestial Twin when I zoned into a new simulacrum, pressed 4 and... was locked to not being able to perform any actions. Clone was going ham with the staff. Energy wasn't draining.

But what do I expect anymore, when they even let their site certificate for the forums expire....

When  DE will  makes Loid Rnak 5 with new mod maybe rare  (Necramech Thusters for 100k Standing ) :D

https://warframe.market/items/necramech_thrusters - axaxaxaxaxxa 

Im wait :DE   

Pls fix:

Wrongs with   Jupiter-boss :The Ropalolyst,Neptune-The index (Host Migration) ,Deimos -Cambion Drift- (ore stuck in Three/Wall-nope markers ),

Venus Fortuna -today have (2) interesting bug .I play before long time but i see first this strange bug

Squad(1)-2 Players complete finial 1 phase and quit from cave  and see Exploiter stuck down on floor   (what,what?  =Abort misison)

Solo (2) in  cave/room on Exploiter no detect lever just get ORE and  quit   and see  on freedom ,Exploiter stuck  in 2 door  in cave 

1 hour ago, twilightfallen said:

im having an issue where my guns stop working D : does anyone else have this issue. . . .

this sounds like a bug report.  I would suggest you give more details to what you're doing in order for this to be happening.  As it's too vague and we can't see your screen when it happened, we have no idea what's going on. 

On 2020-09-10 at 9:36 AM, Nova said:

Don't even get me started on her hip seams

It's... a Toxic Ancient. They deal Toxin damage

The actual harpoon hitting the warframe doesn't proc toxic on you. This also occurs on other like them example ancient healers.

Archived