Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So When for New Zaw parts and saw?

ChaoticEdge

Zaws have been suffering a bit since the melee rework, disregarding the lack of any new additions.

Before the rework the stat budget and freedom fo distribution were pretty great for Zaws, but since the rework so many of the higher end melees are jsut miles ahead in terms of stat budget. Why make a polearm with 10% crit and 32% status, when you can have a weapon with 24% crit and 36% status, that also has higher attack speed and crit damage?
They are not super weak by any stretch but its a bit of a shame to have them outclassed even if ypu specialize them in one thing. Arcanes can make an argument in some cases but thats fairly arbitrary. It hasn't been part of their balance before, so why should it be now.

In that vein I'm all for more and different Zaws, but at the same time I'd like to have their stat budgeting revisited to match post melee rework weapons and not have them be stuck in the past.

4 minutes ago, Raikh said:

Zaws have been suffering a bit since the melee rework, disregarding the lack of any new additions.

Before the rework the stat budget and freedom fo distribution were pretty great for Zaws, but since the rework so many of the higher end melees are jsut miles ahead in terms of stat budget. Why make a polearm with 10% crit and 32% status, when you can have a weapon with 24% crit and 36% status, that also has higher attack speed and crit damage?
They are not super weak by any stretch but its a bit of a shame to have them outclassed even if ypu specialize them in one thing. Arcanes can make an argument in some cases but thats fairly arbitrary. It hasn't been part of their balance before, so why should it be now.

In that vein I'm all for more and different Zaws, but at the same time I'd like to have their stat budgeting revisited to match post melee rework weapons and not have them be stuck in the past.

I have to agree this one.

56 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'd be interested if they didn't all look like caveman tools.

At least we aren't stuck with sticks and stones

8e7893_32e8741f5c21418382e0374334d15911~

and now probably I prefer keep it like Egyption style because DE seem wanted go that style a bit

33921-d89499b52bc8d2dd0033d85d72ff0f5f.j

Then again I still want more different varieties of weapons still in melee zaw.

I don't like any modular weapons because they all require mining and fishing but the zaws are especially awful because they are all functionally identical to play. At least the guns are different guns. The zaws I just want to make the one I like best and use it, not level 8 of them for mastery.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Whats wrong with sticks and stones? They break bones quite effectively.

stick and stones takes too long and it is only effective in status effect is actually either impact or puncture (minor) but get it right sharpening it you'll get slash but only down side is actually is playing the waiting game.  As again when Zaw aren't made out stick and stones, it is made out of tools of redneck (RESPECT).

Archived