Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favorite companion/pet?

redkunaz

Djinn with either the Sweeper Prime or Helstrum.

Djinn's special ability causes nearby enemies to pacify and walk towards the player becoming easy melee targets, its attack precept mod has double the range compared to other Sentinels (60m) which allows it to snipe enemies and properly use the Vulklok (Diriga's weapon) to its max potential. Its Augment mod (Reawaken) allows it to resurrect every 90 seconds when killed, if you have the Sacrifice Mod on it, it will kill its self to ress you instead and resurrect 90 sec later which means its even more ideal for endless/endurance missions. 

Spoiler

J3AkF0Z.jpg

Smeeta, because it gives a bit of everything. resource/affinity booster. 200% crit chance. instant reloads (super nice on the trumna). free ability casts, and occasionally gives me rare resources of the planet I'm on. But mainly using it for the booster.

If only it had a weapon so I could use it as vigilante set 'stat-stick', but that would be a bit too much :d.

edit: Helios (prime) when ever something new comes out, just for the scans, so I don't have to.

Smeeta cause Charm, very few companions entire kit can provide the effective bonuses this one precept can provide.

Recently been switching to the panzer fox as it saves me a lot of time - not needing to revive companions is really really helpful (even though you sometimes lose the vaccum and loot radar) the pocket saryn effect is also amazing.

Helios for the occasional times i need to scan stuff, and get gladiator set bonus,

Then djinn cause immortal reviving stat stick.

the others are not even in the same vicinity of utility,

10 hours ago, redkunaz said:

And why? I'm using dethcube atm because of the energy, I would prefer animals but i don't think the AI is too great, should i still try?, wouldn't mind a dog

I generally run Helios Prime, but if I could put the scanning ability on my Helminth Charger, I'd swap to that in a second.

I spread my usage out based on different frame loadouts, but for years my most used was Shade. I have also heavily used my Huras kubrow for years, but I finally just replaced my Huras ONLY because the benefits of an immortal, viral spore shooting catfox is just too much to pass up. (DE really needs to make ALL companions immortal..like right now)

Dethcube is much better after its rework, and amazing with the augment. I use it for energy intensive frames, especially in combination with Arcane Energy.

I use my Adarza kavat for the crit boost on a couple frames that are capable of keeping it from getting killed as often (Nyx and Limbo with their cc).

I use Djinn on a few frames, but mostly because of its augment to be immortal (so I'll probably end up replacing it too now...)

I used to use Smeeta for a while until i switched to Vasca, and now Panzer Vulpaphyla. Vulpaphyla became my little bro when i noticed he can proc Viral, Spores, and resurrect itself every 30 Secs and the resurrection is what makes him my fav too because it means i don’t have to spend my time reviving since Kavats are very squishy without being a Tank (which is what i do, i enjoy my Casters). 

Top Animals

Kavats:

for x2 XP and Resource and crit  is Smeta 

Adarza is battle kavat use with Inaros (Arbitration hold life around 1h,40 min solo)

Sentinels :

Carrier Prieme is the best

For Codex scan is- Helios Prime

Dog-Huras Kubrow  is the best -makes  invisible your warframe and Hostage

Deimos -Infest Animals every useless (only for XP) 

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Unfortunately, only ONE companion can use Charm. 

Really makes me wish Charm had the loot increase changed to a reduced Drop Chance buff or something.

As I'm fairly sure that if you just allow universal precept usage in the Companions class (so all Kavats can use all Kavat Precepts) everyone would just slap on Charm and Vulpaphyla's.

My first Kubrow, from the quest, was Raksa and I still have it. It's my only "living" companion, I don't count Sentinels and MOAs as alive, so no other dogs nor cats for me.

Since I play as Volt or Nyx, I find it's Protect and Howl really useful. Howl is especially surprising since it works on enemies one wouldn't expect it, like Liches and Necramechs, trivialising their fights.

The survivability is an issue, but the new Master's Summons from Helminth help tremendously with that.

Archived