Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who hates mobile defense?

redkunaz

I always hated it , i avoid most missions and i hated completing the star chart over it... and i'm pretty sure i'll hate completing the star chart again on a harder difficulty...

It's just annoying picking it up and going from area to area.

what game mode do you hate?

I don't hate defection, hijack, defense, rescue, timed sabotage, but I prefer missions that don't glue you in one spot  for entire duration and interfere with looting. Do the objectives,  pump decent amount of affinity into weapons, loot the place dry and extract.

I don't love it but I don't hate it either. To me the worst is spy, or defection. Mobile defense is somewhat dynamic, because you have to change location, not as dynamic as extermination or capture, buy more dynamic than normal defense. It can be improved but I don't think it should be removed.

3 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Anything that fails to spawn enough enemies or otherwise has you standing around waiting.

Ah yes the exterminate 200 more enemies when everyone is waiting for more enemies to spawn while the waypoint is stuck at extraction conundrum. Even better if it's sandwiched between a sharkwing section. 

The more you can speed a mode up by playing smart, the better. If you can't, that's the worst.

Missions where you stand still are also way worse than ones where you're constantly moving forward, but it's all right for boss fights as long as you have something to do the whole time.

Above all: don't make me sit on my hands and wait for gameplay to happen.

Missions that are just a variation of waiting ,

Defection especially is annoying ,

Missions where the objective is more than a thousand meters away and you are only expected to go fast,

like some sabotage.

Missions that need you to do both , wait and traverse a large map cause DE is out of ideas on variety are an absolute worst - Ambulas tops that list for me.

No hate, but not a fan of: grineer ship sabotage, hijack, any mission in Europa (besides the point, but had to say it), infested salvage, rescue. 

Defence, interception, excavation are ok against low lvl enemies with a podcast playing in the background, doing endless

Favourites are survival, capture, exterminate, any missions that require exploration (caches for example, just need better rewards now) 

And the new bounty in HOD where you have to pick up those yellow thingies before the bubble gets smaller. LOVE THAT

Don't like any mission that has you defending an objective except Disruption.  This includes Defense, Mobile Defense, Excavation, Defection and Hijack. Defending an HP bar is relegated to only a number frames with abilities to do so and the higher the level of these missions the more tedious it is, which I find too distracting from the action. Disruption is an exception because it rewards aggressive gameplay over camping a point.

Aside form that the multiplayer oriented game modes such as Interception (and Excavation, Hijack to some extent but I already mentioend those) aren't very fun to me, simply because they are mechanically bothersome when you are alone and only become decent or interesting when in a group. And since I'm usually playing alone or with a single friend it just isn't a very fun nor interesting experience.

There is obviously the wonky stuff of Extermination spawns and so on but those don't make me particularly dislike the mission type. Although I'd wish Exterminate would be more of a non endless version of the slaughter Steel Path Survival is in terms of enemy density. One enemy at a time is really boring in this game.

And I ignore the existence of any non-Warframe based game modes as much as I can. There is nothing less interesting to me than random vehicle/Operator fights that might as well be different games entirely.

Archived