Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hata-Satya: Still in Love with Soma Prime!

Canach

Sorry no image - 8 Forma Invested

• Serration: +165% Damage
  • Split Chamber: +90% Multishot
  • Point Strike: +150% Crit Chance
  • Vital Sense: +120% Crit Damage
  • Soma Crita-lexicak: +117.9 Crit Chance, +2m Punch-thru, +90.8% Puncture
  • Primed Shred: +55% Fire Rate, +2.2m Punch-thru
  • Primed Cryo Rounds: +165% Cold
  • Hata-Satya: +1.2% Crit chance per hit, including multishot and punch-thru, resetting at reload (200 rnd mag)
  • Ammo Drum/Eagle Eye for Exilus slot

This is a battlefield mob-burner/boss-killer. A monster OMGFTFBBQ crit monster with 23.25 RoF - but that was BEFORE Hata-Satya.

Hata-Satya replaces Hunter's Munitions in the build above, but I can't really tell if it is actually an improvement or not. Rifles like this really show there value in particular tactical scenarios, i.e. holo-deck testing is not going to determine anything.

• Slash procs from HM provide a substantial increase in direct damage
  • Crit chance increases stack with other crit buffs from other warframes, kavats, etc.

Hata-Satya is fun, Hunter's Munitions might still be better though...

Any thoughts?

hace 45 minutos, Canach dijo:

• Hata-Satya: +1.2% Crit chance per hit, including multishot and punch-thru, resetting at reload (200 rnd mag)

This is a battlefield mob-burner/boss-killer. A monster OMGFTFBBQ crit monster with 23.25 RoF - but that was BEFORE Hata-Satya.

Hata-Satya replaces Hunter's Munitions in the build above, but I can't really tell if it is actually an improvement or not. Rifles like this really show there value in particular tactical scenarios, i.e. holo-deck testing is not going to determine anything.

• Crit chance increases stack with other crit buffs from other warframes, kavats, etc.

Any thoughts?

Its mediocre even using the ammo efficiency skill of helminth ....

The numbers are lacking in my opinion ,

change it to a 2% increase per hit and we will see much better use out of it.

the fact that MS and PT can increase it is nice but in most scenarios you will not see it outperforming significantly over a standard build.

I only think it needs a number change and nothing else.

To be clear, I am not proposing that the new mod makes the Soma awesome - The Soma is awesome, and the new mod is something fresh to play with.

Soma has not been 'meta' for quite a while (in years) but it has always been (with the Supra Vandal) a great bullet hose, and as built in my original post, it competes well with any weapon I have at endgame levels - Kuva Fortress, Lich Hunts, Steel Path, Arbitrations. Many weapons are fine for endgame, weapon-tweaking is an exercise in overkill hot-rodding.

I agree with the consensus here that the new mod is just a little too low of a contribution, but I'm going to keep playing with it for a while yet. As @Nailclipper commented, it would be worth more if the Soma was more accurate. In this case, most of my wasted bullets are shooting corpses not shooting air, but it still equates to wasted ammo and degredation of the effect of the mod. For my next trick, I will put Hunter's Munitions back in, replacing Primed Shred. This will increase the number of hits per mag by reducing RoF into corpses... might be interesting.

I'd be reluctant to remove Hunter Munitions, especially vs Armored targets. I might remove Primed Shred for for Hata-Satya instead of HM, considering your Riven has punchthrough already.

Energized Munitions is aight, but with HM I think Expedite Suffering would be a much better Helminth ability once unlocked.

11 hours ago, Canach said:

Any thoughts?

I hate HM

Crit Chance is mathematically inferior to Crit Damage

Moreover, I strongly recommend replacing Point Strike with Infected Clip to form Viral damage.

If you can manage it, use Vigilante Supplies as exilus for minor DPS increase

Point Strike is not worth lack of Viral, esp because of diminishing proportional gains

1 hour ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

Moreover, I strongly recommend replacing Point Strike with Infected Clip to form Viral damage.

ROFLMAO 🤣

Because we always need to build crit weapons for status and status weapons for crits - on the forum if no where else...

15 minutes ago, Canach said:

ROFLMAO 🤣

Because we always need to build crit weapons for status and status weapons for crits - on the forum if no where else...

i gave you my thoughts because of the mathematical superiority of the setup i recommended

go ahead and visit overframe.gg or any of the other many convenient warframe build websites that feature DPS metres

personally I like overframe because it actually does account for how much of a DPS increase HM gives

which is to say not as high as I think is worthwhile

but go off on your weird allistic bullS#&$

13 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Its mediocre even using the ammo efficiency skill of helminth ....

Correction, the Soma Prime did not change outside of its Riven Disposition for a long time (around three years or so). So naturally it feels weak compared to other weapons.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

ROFLMAO 🤣

You have crit chance on your riven so you don’t want another crit mod. Diminishing returns means you don’t get as much added benefit if you just keep adding to the same damage multiplier.

Replacing point strike with infected clip does not make this a “status weapon”, it gives your weapon viral damage, which is much better than cold damage and has a great status effect that will proc often despite the Soma’s low status chance, because the Soma shoots a lot of bullets.

Guys - Why So Cirius? Somebody needs to remember that we are WAY into the overkill zone. As described in the OP with Hunter's Munitions instead of the Hata-Satya it shreds anything I want it to. I only have 2 non-hybrid Crit weapons - the Soma Prime and the Baza Prime, and I use Hunter's Munitions with both. Maxing crits is it's own little design-hobby - and if everything dies, which it does, then I don't have a problem. Diminishing returns - yeah, so?  overkill, remember? 

The point is to play with all the different guns and build them all different ways - I have several different active primary weapons, all of them built differently - and I'm a big proponent of some of the really nice hybrids - but not every gun in the game has to be the same, chasing some not-so-elusive meta.  I built my Soma for pure crit, and am playing with the Hata-Satya (not Haki-Sak) because I want to watch crit numbers change colors - it's actually kindof cool to see the effect as you move through the mag - HS mod DOES work well enough to appreciate - just maybe not the best you can do.

2 hours ago, Canach said:

ROFLMAO 🤣

• soma without HM (ROTFL😝)
  • soma without viral (LOL)
  • raw cold damage build (KEK)
  • triple-stacked critical chance (lolz0r)
  • double-stacked punch through (ROTFLMAO ... wut?)
  • +puncture on riven (omg 😐)
  • no neg on riven (S A D)
  • trash riven (🤪)
  • ammo drum in exilus (bRUH)

what do we call this? 

canach's big suck soma

Archived