Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Iron Skin Duration Based

Badger

Rhino. The tank.

Except he isn't. He's squishy, his iron skin is practically worthless in high tier content. His ultimate is outclassed by many other cc abilities, and his roar can now go on any frame. Rhino is completely worthless right now. However, simply changing how iron skin works would completely fix him. Making it duration based would bring him from trash tier to a tier instantly. 

So he's invincible for the duration? That's either ridiculously overpowered, or they'll have to nerf Iron Skin to no longer provide 100% DR, so it'll be essentially the same as a dozen other DR abilities in the game. I agree that Iron Skin is lackluster, especially without almost-mandatory augments, but that's not the way to fix it. I'd go for some sort of "number/level of nearby enemies = more Iron Skin" effect built into the ability, to go with his theme of being in the thick of battle.

Side note, Roar on other frames is hardly the end of Rhino considering the damage boost on other frames is much lower.

Sorry, but reading the first post, I represent Inaros mainer who suddenly decided to try Rhino and, as usual, got into AFK, and then realized that as Rhino he could not do that.

It doesn't matter that Roar is now available everywhere, Rhino is still a big boy. The invulnerability still allows the build to be very strong, and its CC is still very large and useful. All you have to do is press a button.

Every time I see this about Iron skin it's just a big flashing sign to me that the individual either knows very little about the frame and/or doesn't understand build crafting.

You can have an insane amount of iron skin if you know what you're doing.  If all you do is wonder into a group of enemies and pop skin you're not using iron skin to it's fullest.

Equipped with the "Ironclad Charge" mod, first rush into many enemies, then stop with Rhino for 3 seconds and take as much damage as possible.

... and you have 100k to 300k armor.

If you then want to annoy your fellow players, swap Roar for Eclipse and you have an Endgame Mirage.

I play without an extra shield and life in the endgame, you just have to know how to handle the iron skin.

Have fun

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Rhino literally only has one Problem.... He's a god damn Energy Hog. 

Iron Skin sucks for sure but more survivability isn't really going to help him.

"Iron Skin sucks" 

Me wandering around with 500k+ Iron Skin: Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma, you can't hurt me Grineer!

3 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

"Iron Skin sucks" 

Me wandering around with 500k+ Iron Skin: Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma.

That's nice but it's not consistent by default.... Getting That amount of Iron Skin is too dependent on too many Outside Factors....

It's just not the same as Slapping Adaptation on Inaros and Being Done with it. 

But the real reason I think it sucks is because I think All Abilities that have Survivability as their Primary Focus are just Wasted Potential. Everything from Iron Skin to Shatter Shield to Mesmer Skin....

3 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

you can't hurt me Grineer!

To be fair Grinneer Specialize in Impact Based Weaponry (Kuva Variants have access to Slash and Puncture).... So they actually can't hurt Anyone.... If you really like pain then try your Luck with The Corpus... The ones on Fortuna and Corpus Fleets really #*!%ing hurt. 

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

That's nice but it's not consistent by default.... Getting That amount of Iron Skin is too dependent on too many Outside Factors....

It's just not the same as Slapping Adaptation on Inaros and Being Done with it.

finding 3 enemies isnt inconsistent at all, thats all the outside factors it really takes, everything else is just making a good build. also, everything cant just be "health prime with 1 mod" immortality build, so of course it wont be the same.

11 hours ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

No. All Rhino needs are QoL changes such as Iron Skin have a big indicator like how Nezha's ward displays so you have better track of current Iron Skin health.

Make Iron Skin and Roar recastable. At least Iron Skin is a must happen.

Iron Skin is recastable, kind of with the Augment.

3 hours ago, hugeblackdude said:

finding 3 enemies isnt inconsistent at all, thats all the outside factors it really takes, everything else is just making a good build. also, everything cant just be "health prime with 1 mod" immortality build, so of course it wont be the same.

3 Enemies is all you need for Iron Clad Charge to give 500K Armor ? 

Skepticism Intensifies !!! 🤔

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

3 Enemies is all you need for Iron Clad Charge to give 500K Armor ? 

Skepticism Intensifies !!! 🤔

i never said 500k armor, but you can breach 100k easily using arcane tanker, ironclad, max strength, and umbrals, especially even now since helminth empower is a thing and , if you have the timing and patience, you could opt in for arcane ultimatum

3 hours ago, hugeblackdude said:

i never said 500k armor, but you can breach 100k easily using arcane tanker, ironclad, max strength, and umbrals, especially even now since helminth empower is a thing and , if you have the timing and patience, you could opt in for arcane ultimatum

Well then in that case I'm going back to my Original Statement about Iron Skin being too Dependent on too many Factors...

23 hours ago, Lutesque said:

To be fair Grinneer Specialize in Impact Based Weaponry (Kuva Variants have access to Slash and Puncture).... So they actually can't hurt Anyone.... If you really like pain then try your Luck with The Corpus... The ones on Fortuna and Corpus Fleets really #*!%ing hurt. 

Which also doesn't make a difference, because Iron Skin has neutral resistances, and It's immune to critical hits and also protects from status procs.

Archived