Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow charging

KenthNisshoku

7 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That would be a bad change since we'd be giving up the option to spam arrows.  Personally I think hold-to-charge suits bows aesthetically too.

This.

Bows aren't exclusively usable when fully charged. You can quick snap an arrow at squishy or weakened enemies to finish them off quickly before moving on.

50 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That would be a bad change since we'd be giving up the option to spam arrows.  Personally I think hold-to-charge suits bows aesthetically too.

I think OP wants the charge system to be like the stamina bar in Secret of Mana.

The bow charges automatically to 100%, but you can fire prematurely for a weaker shot. Functionally, it would be the same.

5 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

I think OP wants the charge system to be like the stamina bar in Secret of Mana.

The bow charges automatically to 100%, but you can fire prematurely for a weaker shot. Functionally, it would be the same.

Oh, so you hit the button twice for quick shots?  I could see that working--as long as it could also be cancelled with reload--and it might benefit people with finger issues.

I prefer the way it works currently, but only because holding the button hints a little at the the feel of drawing a bow.

On 2020-09-11 at 4:39 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, so you hit the button twice for quick shots?

Nope....

You hit the button once whenever you want to shoot...

For a Quick uncharged shot simply press the button before the Charging Finishes.

On 2020-09-11 at 4:39 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I prefer the way it works currently, but only because holding the button hints a little at the the feel of drawing a bow.

Personally the only Change I want is just to Keep My Charge while Rolling...

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nope....

You hit the button once whenever you want to shoot...

For a Quick uncharged shot simply press the button before the Charging Finishes.

So the bow charges automatically between shots without pressing a button?  Does that get interrupted by other actions?

Archived