Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rant About Rivens And Why I Hate Doing Relic-Runs For Them

GAleX-2712

We already know what Rivens are. But first I want to elaborate on the first problem.

Rivens have plagued so much of the trade chat that it very much infuriates me when I've tried to sell just an average prime part before that I have only gotten least amounts of random chances and all I've been asked for is rivens after a trade. I have gotten so sick and tired that I'm being forced to go Riven now and just farming Requiem Relics makes me hate trading as a whole for how flooded it has become and overall toxic. 

Farming Rivens themselves is a treadmill because of how conflicted you are with people that are STILL doing Kuva Lich relic-runs for those god forsaken whatever-they-are-called Requiem Mods. Even so with only 1 player you will have a slap across the face with this beaming yellow light into your eyes, AN AYATAN AMBER STAR! Forcing you to do another run for a low-level chance of getting what you want. It feels like a serious kick in the case for this to repeatedly happen that it just makes you stuck. And even if you intend on going solo for them, they will rarely appear regardless. It is a unmeasurable disappointing nuisance for this to occur repeatedly. And even so when you can successfully get a randomized riven you are still going to be flooded by the trade chat relics, it has taken me to wait until either afternoon or night for my timeline for someone to actually see me and ask for my riven to give for a moderate price of platinum. 

I am so drained of playing Warframe due to this that I can barely bother with it anymore.. It has probably been said a million times already by Warframetubers like Rahetalius or Ashisogi Tenno, We are not mad that the grind exists, we are mad of what the grind does/how much it increases. You cannot tell me that farming platinum or rivens are easy by being so smug like someone from trade-chat by just simply secretly buying it with your actual money. 

I'm a little confused.

1 hour ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I've tried to sell just an average prime part before that I have only gotten least amounts of random chances and all I've been asked for is rivens after a trade.

Are you saying that, after you sell someone prime parts to build a weapon, they tend to ask you if you have a riven for that weapon as well they could purchase? Why would that be a big deal? 

Farming Rivens themselves is a treadmill because of how conflicted you are with people that are STILL doing Kuva Lich relic-runs for those god forsaken whatever-they-are-called Requiem Mods. Even so with only 1 player you will have a slap across the face with this beaming yellow light into your eyes, AN AYATAN AMBER STAR!

So are you saying requiem fissures are so unpopular now its difficult for you to find full squads? I don't think you're really supposed to be running requiem relics for the purpose of farming rivens shards. If that's your goal, Steel Essence farming is probably going to net you a lot more shards in a lot less time.

And even so when you can successfully get a randomized riven you are still going to be flooded by the trade chat relics, it has taken me to wait until either afternoon or night for my timeline for someone to actually see me and ask for my riven to give for a moderate price of platinum. 

While it is difficult to sell a single Riven quickly, the secret to selling unveiled Rivens is variety. You can have up to 150 slots, and while it's expensive to do so, building up is worth it in the long run (especially since riven.market has no limit on how many Rivens you can list at a time). Listing only one Riven at a time limits you to a very niche market (users looking for specifically that weapon at specifically that price point), but if you have 10 or even 50 listed at a time you're going to get a lot more hits. Use the plat to buy veiled Rivens to fill the slots you just freed and to increase your Riven cap until you're maxed, at which point you'll have the potential to list upwards of 100 Rivens at a time. At that point it's actually quite difficult to play the video game, as most of your time will be spent selling unveiled Rivens, buying veiled replacements, doing challenges, gathering kuva, and rolling/pricing/listing your latest Rivens.

15 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I'm a little confused.

Are you saying that, after you sell someone prime parts to build a weapon, they tend to ask you if you have a riven for that weapon as well they could purchase? Why would that be a big deal? 

So are you saying requiem fissures are so unpopular now its difficult for you to find full squads? I don't think you're really supposed to be running requiem relics for the purpose of farming rivens shards. If that's your goal, Steel Essence farming is probably going to net you a lot more shards in a lot less time.

While it is difficult to sell a single Riven quickly, the secret to selling unveiled Rivens is variety. You can have up to 150 slots, and while it's expensive to do so, building up is worth it in the long run (especially since riven.market has no limit on how many Rivens you can list at a time). Listing only one Riven at a time limits you to a very niche market (users looking for specifically that weapon at specifically that price point), but if you have 10 or even 50 listed at a time you're going to get a lot more hits. Use the plat to buy veiled Rivens to fill the slots you just freed and to increase your Riven cap until you're maxed, at which point you'll have the potential to list upwards of 100 Rivens at a time. At that point it's actually quite difficult to play the video game, as most of your time will be spent selling unveiled Rivens, buying veiled replacements, doing challenges, gathering kuva, and rolling/pricing/listing your latest Rivens.

What I mean that Riven Trading is very common that it breaks the balance of the items that you can sell or buy for trading. It usually is with randomized options that you can simply scroll to see what person you're trading with, those days had more options than what is today of trading. Only 2 things, either full sets of Warframe Primes or Rivens. I understand Riven's value, I really do. They can help moderate your weapons but.. can't DE just add more Kuva Weapons? Why do so much for one mod that's going to be randomized therefore you won't be certain, when you can just get a fully tanky weapon right from the get-go after beating your Lich? 

No, I do not mean that it is unpopular now due to the difficulty of finding full squads. What I meant that its feeling like.. car traffic if I might say. A full road of cars driving towards Requiem Mods, with a few stuck in the traffic just simply searching for Rivens.

I understand the point you are making with me here, and I can respect it. Though it is my humble apologies that I mis-spoke in some parts of my elaboration. I honestly would recommend Riven be their own tier, that way it can be properly organize the Relic System. As a youtuber called Murokomo said (not directly but to summarize), if you have your relic upgraded up to the tier you will be guranteed to have an item from that tier you are upgraded to and not have all tiers jumbled around like a mess, it would genuinely make a decrease of difficulty. 

1 minute ago, GAleX-2712 said:

What I mean that Riven Trading is very common that it breaks the balance of the items that you can sell or buy for trading. It usually is with randomized options that you can simply scroll to see what person you're trading with, those days had more options than what is today of trading. Only 2 things, either full sets of Warframe Primes or Rivens. 

I mean, you can list whatever you want in trade chat, and you always could. The reason people tend towards prime sets and rivens is probably because you have a limited character count and a message cooldown, so you tend to only advertise your most valuable gear. I don't think that really "breaks the balance of items you can sell or buy for trading", though. People just tend to use warframe.market to list all that other less rare/unique and more common stuff, like non-Riven mods and individual Prime pieces.

8 minutes ago, GAleX-2712 said:

No, I do not mean that it is unpopular now due to the difficulty of finding full squads. What I meant that its feeling like.. car traffic if I might say. A full road of cars driving towards Requiem Mods, with a few stuck in the traffic just simply searching for Rivens.

What does it matter what other people are looking for in their Requiem relics? There's only 4, and they all carry the same loot aside from the actual Requiems. I don't really think riven shard hunting is a big deal, since you can only buy like one Riven per week using them and it will often be a trash veiled Riven like a pistol.

We already know what Rivens are. But first I want to elaborate on the first problem.

ok, let's see what the problem is

Rivens have plagued so much of the trade chat

people like rivens so they are a popular good on trade chat. you define it as "plagueing"

that makes no sense. already you are making no sense. but i still give you the benefit of a doubt

that it very much infuriates me ...

as soon as i read people being "infuriated" and similar dramatic language on these forums my interest drops down to 10% at best. right now it's around 8%

...when I've tried to sell just an average prime part before that I have only gotten least amounts of random chances

i don't understand this

and all I've been asked for is rivens after a trade.

not really following, what do prime parts and rivens have to do with one another?

I have gotten so sick and tired

interest level = 4%

that I'm being forced

interest level = 1%

to go Riven now and just farming Requiem Relics makes me hate trading as a whole for how flooded it has become and overall toxic. 

interest level = 0%

congratulations!

you've lost all my interest!

11 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

ok, let's see what the problem is

people like rivens so they are a popular good on trade chat. you define it as "plagueing"

that makes no sense. already you are making no sense. but i still give you the benefit of a doubt

as soon as i read people being "infuriated" and similar dramatic language on these forums my interest drops down to 10% at best. right now it's around 8%

i don't understand this

not really following, what do prime parts and rivens have to do with one another?

interest level = 4%

interest level = 1%

interest level = 0%

congratulations!

you've lost all my interest!

I've already re-elaborated on what I meant for my reply to @sly_squash. And this is a rant after all, what did you expect? 

17 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I don't really think riven shard hunting is a big deal, since you can only buy like one Riven per week using them and it will often be a trash veiled Riven like a pistol.

What's made me have to do riven-runs is simply put, getting platinum. Otherwise from the randomized sortie prizes. 

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

this is the first time i hear about riven farming. what is riven farming?

Apparently it's running requiem relics over and over collecting a single shard each time to redeem for a veiled riven. And apparently it's for "platinum farming". This seems a terribly inefficient way to farm plat IMHO, not only because you can only redeem one riven per week with shards anyway but it'll often be a pistol or kitgun worth like 7p. Even prime junk farming using normal relics will net you 12p per 6 runs guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

this is the first time i hear about riven farming. what is riven farming?

Riven Farming is a task that means you are using Requiem Relics to repeatedly get a Riven Shard from certain relics - Gaining 10 of said riven shard will grant you the ability of having a randomized riven mod from Paladino(An NPC you meet from Chains of Harrow) that will give you one at Iron Wake, which will only be unlocked if completed Chains of Harrow. Do keep in note that the mod itself changes daily. This also goes for the relic system as a whole where you use void relics you get from certain extended missions either by caches, survival-like missions or even some as a gift from the Syndicates you work with. 

On 2020-09-11 at 5:09 PM, sly_squash said:

Apparently it's running requiem relics over and over collecting a single shard each time to redeem for a veiled riven. And apparently it's for "platinum farming". T

jesus christ ...

On 2020-09-11 at 5:10 PM, GAleX-2712 said:

Riven Farming is a task that means you are using Requiem Relics to repeatedly get a Riven Shard from certain relics - Gaining 10 of said riven shard will grant you the ability of having a randomized riven mod from Paladino(An NPC you meet from Chains of Harrow) that will give you one at Iron Wake, which will only be unlocked if completed Chains of Harrow. Do keep in note that the mod itself changes daily. This also goes for the relic system as a whole where you use void relics you get from certain extended missions either by caches, survival-like missions or even some as a gift from the Syndicates you work with. 

your perspective on the game is wrong. are you in a clan?

usually the people who play the game solo and are unaffiliated have strange notions about the game like you do, because there is no sharing of knowledge and experience

the way you see things is completely wrong. i don't know where to begin. actually there is nowhere to start from. you must change your thinking ground up, i don't know what else to say

there is no "riven farming"

this activity does not exist

start from there perhaps

edit: i should ask you another question perhaps - what is your MR?

@GAleX-2712

okay, mr9

forget about plat and trading, you need to play the game normally

the things you have been saying so far don't make any sense. because you were punching above your weight and ignoring the majority of the game while narrowly focusing on the trade chat, your perspective on the game has become idiosyncratic and distorted to the point of seeming a little crazy

just play the game like any other videogame

no "riven farming" (this is something you imagined, it isn't real) or any other farming except basic fariming for frames for frames such as wisp, protea, nidus etc. 

soon things will fit into place and you will understand better what is going on

forget everything you think you know and just try to enjoy the game

if there is an experienced member of your clan, ask them to help you understand the game better

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

@GAleX-2712

okay, mr9

the things you have saying so so far don't make any sense. because you were punching above your weight and ignoring the majority of the game while narrowly focusing on the trade chat, your perspective on the game has become idiosyncratic and distorted to the point of seeming a little crazy

just play the game like any other videogame

no "riven farming" (this is something you imagined, it isn't real) or any other farming except basic fariming for frames for frames such as wisp, protea, nidus etc. 

soon things will fit into place and you will understand better what is going on

forget everything you think you know and just try to enjoy the game

I mean.. I want to be able to get the things I have looked forward for guranteed. I've already had been punched in the face or gut from the difficulty that's granted even more earlier than my 60 day point, probably one of the most hugest I've been punched in the gut was farming Wisp. 

just play the game, master clan research items (energy lab, tenno lab etc.), upgrade your equipment, do bounties, get syndicate rep, mine, fish, capture, play some arbitration, play railjack...

broaden your view to what's out there and just relax

so far you have only harmed yourself by imagining constructs such as "riven farming" and trying to earn plat extremely unproductively. i can't imagine a worse effort at progressing in the game. 

10 minutes ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I've used both. 

You should focus on using warframe.market. It's way easier to just set up prime parts or sets or junk. Even syndicate mods sell well.

Trade chat is better suited for rivens because of the "random properties" stuff. Since rivens are so varied they kinda "benefit" from an informal setting where you can barter.

My advice is to focus on syndicate mods, selling liches with ephemeras and prime parts. Maybe Teralyst arcanes if you enjoy farming eidolons.

I believe rivens seem like "Such a big issue" for you because you pay way too much attention to trade chat. But that's just my opinion from this thread and I may be wrong.

Also, what some people told you it's true. There's no "Riven farming". The only rivens that can be actively farmed for, are arch-gun rivens because of arbitrations. You'll get Slivers by "playing normally". In my case, the main source of rivens is the sortie.

EDIT: Symaris mods are also selling well. Since helminth demands Simaris standing in the form of duplicate frames, most people don't have standing to buy those mods

12 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

No plat means no slots. Trading is an integral part of the game if you aim to "go F2P".

4 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

trying to earn plat extremely unproductively. i can't imagine a worse effort at progressing in the game. 

Dude.. I literally have completed frames for weeks, or even months waiting in my foundry right now as we speak. I'm trying to earn platinum for many varieties, and getting slots for my frames is one of them. You shouldn't try to block me away from getting platinum. I can take a break from Riven farming sure, but platinum is something that doesn't grow on Plains of Eidolon, it is something required for gaining valuable things like slots, weapons, frames, etc. 

On 2020-09-11 at 5:53 PM, Ayraclus said:

No plat means no slots. Trading is an integral part of the game if you aim to "go F2P".

ok, trade only so much as to be able to buy slots

On 2020-09-11 at 5:56 PM, GAleX-2712 said:

Dude..

Riven farming 

1. i'm not a "dude" to you. i'm someone you need to show some respect to

2. i told you riven farming does not exist but you keep repeating it. do you insist it exists? 

4 minutes ago, Ayraclus said:

Also, what some people told you it's true. There's no "Riven farming". The only rivens that can be actively farmed for, are arch-gun rivens because of arbitrations. You'll get Slivers by "playing normally". In my case, the main source of rivens is the sortie.

Thank you for this informing, I'll see what I can do. 

Archived