Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Necramech Mods Should Cycle In Loid's Inventory

NineteenLettersLong

As someone who legitimately grinded Intensify out it feels VERY disrespectful that it's one of two rare mods added too Loid's inventory. I can't imagine how players who got pressure point feel right now. That said the other rare mods still have ludicrous drop chances, a good fix would be to just have rare mods cycle in and out of Loid's store daily. Or just drop all of them their but DE loves their time gates so a cycle seems more on brand for the game.

10 hours ago, White_Matter said:

TBH I want the same thing, but when you look at it objectively, without RNG, the grind would decrease, and then you'd realize how little content the game has to keep you playing. 

So yeah in a sense, RNG is there to mask the weak content. 

The terrible rng is also there to artificially add trade value due to the game not having a proper economy. DE considers buying stuff from other people as a solution to grind issues.

Although, unnecessarily adding melee mods that get equipped to the Necramech is definitely there to pad the drop tables. The melee has 0 range, does 0 damage, and has a bad type of cc that is counterproductive. Even if they do add a second version that uses arch-melee, it would makes sense for it to use arch-melee mods, the same way the the guns and even exalted gun does.

5 hours ago, (XB1)ZDragonLord X said:

Wait, so are the mods in his shop, or is it a suggestion...

Topic head, body, knees, and toes are all backwards and counterintuitive.. I'm confused, lol.

Loid has mods, OP's issue is that one of the mods he was grinding for is now available more easily.

how about if he just sold all of them? then nobody can complain.

8 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

The terrible rng is also there to artificially add trade value due to the game not having a proper economy. DE considers buying stuff from other people as a solution to grind issues.

But how trade can solve grind issues? If mod drop chance is 0.2%, that should mean that only about 0.2% of players would have this mod (this quantity will grow over time, but so will quantity of mods already owned by potential buyers). Who is going to sell those mods?

We all grind equally, if majority of us don't have those mods, then there won't be anyone to sell them either. It's not like sellers would magically appear, they need to grind for those mods too and mods won't drop for them either, right? What am i missing?

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Loid has mods, OP's issue is that one of the mods he was grinding for is now available more easily.

how about if he just sold all of them? then nobody can complain.

Ah. Ok. Didn't notice he was selling them. 

Yeah, I wish he would just sell everything. Then at least the mech pool would be only parts, instead of one or another.

15 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Although, unnecessarily adding melee mods that get equipped to the Necramech is definitely there to pad the drop tables. The melee has 0 range, does 0 damage, and has a bad type of cc that is counterproductive. Even if they do add a second version that uses arch-melee, it would makes sense for it to use arch-melee mods, the same way the the guns and even exalted gun does.

100% agreed both on the "economy" and the melee mods.

That's exactly what I thought once I saw that Necramech didn't have a melee slot but had melee mods.  I mean, Necramelee is 100% redundant and you are expected to waste mod slots on the Necramech ? At least get a melee slot so we can put those mods where they belong, useless or not. 

Anyways, another not very well thought out and executed concept by DE. I'm not surprised honestly. I would be surprised however if it was the other way around.

On 2020-09-12 at 11:21 AM, White_Matter said:

100% agreed both on the "economy" and the melee mods.

That's exactly what I thought once I saw that Necramech didn't have a melee slot but had melee mods.  I mean, Necramelee is 100% redundant and you are expected to waste mod slots on the Necramech ? At least get a melee slot so we can put those mods where they belong, useless or not. 

Anyways, another not very well thought out and executed concept by DE. I'm not surprised honestly. I would be surprised however if it was the other way around.

The melee mods might be a lot more powerful then we think. I hear they are adding archwing melee to the mech. If that’s true we have melee mods added to the body on top of the mods on the archwing melee. 

With those mods they may be the most powerful melee in the game.

At this point...All Necramech Mods...should be available thru Loid....

Between Wednesday night and Yesterday, I ran six T3 vaults, one T2 and one T1....and all I got was One Necramech Mod which I already had....

We like playing them, want to level them up but without Mods it's no reason to even slap a potato on it much less play a lot. We have some Mods like Vitality, Armor and Melee but that's it. The drop rate is really pathetic and almost inline with Rare Prime Parts. They really need to either change it or put them all in Loid's Section.

Archived