Do you use assault rifles? what are the good ones?

On 2020-09-11 at 6:12 PM, (PS4)LittleGhost44 said:

Idk about meta but Tiberon prime is my favorite, and it's good in high level. I use it with corrosive to kill enemies in Deimos on the level 60 bounty 

what does level 60 have to do with high level?

On 2020-09-11 at 6:13 PM, 844448 said:

Karak (the base one)

for conclave, yes

Edited by Proscriptor
1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

what does level 60 have to do with high level?

The centipedes, the giant pen15s, and the off-brand Gonarchs borrowed from Half-Life are all armored like Grineer, and much tankier than normal infested, so they're basically Sortie-level in a 5star bounty. I know that's not considered high level anymore, but I still think it's worth talking about

• Like 1

it's isn't worth talking about when comparing weapons

assault rifles are only good by virtue of hunter munitions

hunter munitions is a waste for enemies level 60

to see which rifle is better than which other rifle you need to test them on higher level enemies, and tougher ones at that. for example lvl100+ railjack officer in simulacrum, or steel path grineer

every assault rifle built for corrosive will perform fine againt lvl60 deimos infested, but there is no reason to use one in this scenario in the first place

I like my Sybaris Prime. It fires fast, has 20 shots in the magazine, and can hit things from pretty far away! Only issues are hordes unless I mod it with punch through and the reload time which isn't bad but when I'm in chaos I end up switching to my Akstilleto Prime or my melee weapon.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

I use a lot baza and kuva karak, but was told hind is better... i'm not sure what the meta is for ARS atm (full auto)

That is my experience with assault rifles too lol. Hind is better in its 3RB mode tho. Kuva Karak is my favorite probably.

Also, if you are able to go get the quellor, its super fun and satisfying.

Edited by _Tormex_

I use only the normal Quartakk until something happens with fire mode changing mechanic in the game then i will jump to the kuva version.

I just can recommend the Hema,Quartakk,Braton prime,Kuva Hind, tiberon prime.  Those weapons with a underline have cheap and good riven's 

yes, primary mode kuva quartakk is pretty lame

i use ordinary quartakk because i don't like aiming for the burst fire

Welcome to the club 

Edited by Xrasegot
31 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

to see which rifle is better than which other rifle you need to test them on higher level enemies, and tougher ones at that. for example lvl100+ railjack officer in simulacrum, or steel path grineer

You know that this isn't true. A gun which can kill steel path Grineers reliably might not be the most suitable choice for normal star chart use because other guns may kill faster since the enemies are weak enough.

13 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

You know that this isn't true. A gun which can kill steel path Grineers reliably might not be the most suitable choice for normal star chart use because other guns may kill faster since the enemies are weak enough.

when it comes to assault rifles, you just can't compare them this way

i mean "which assault rifle is the best for killing trash mobs?" ... if that is really the question, the best are almost certainly supra vandal for it's large magazine, and kuva karak for it's fast reload and ease of use

but there's a problem there - supra vandal and kuva karak are damn good assault rifles for the highest level content as well, actually these guns are absolute top contenders

so there isn't much of a distinction between roles "oh this is a good trash mob gun" vs "this is a good high level content gun", simply a good gun is a good gun, it's just that at lower levels you can't discern the finer points of difference

for example tiberon prime will also look like a nice gun at lower levels (not better than the aforementioned two, but just adequate) but it isn't competitive at all on high levels

I personally like my Basmu as it has probably the best utility of any gun and can manage through steel path pretty well. The lead time and accuracy can take some getting used to beyond mid range.

The recent Trumna is also epic if you can manage the reload and recoil or bypass it .

They are both not quite Auto rifles in the classic sense though and are more auto explosive launchers.

Tiberon (prime) , Stradavar (prime) , (Kuva) quartakk , Soma (prime) and (Kuva) Hind are respectable at their place for a classic AK feel.

For heavier LMG feel , the tenora , gorgon, Supra may be something to look at.

a riven can make one better than the rest though so its not so much "which is better" as in what is more suitable for a specific purpose.