Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use assault rifles? what are the good ones?

redkunaz

Sybaris Prime (a fave since I first got it), Baza (+ Prime) and Tiberon Prime are all in my top 10 most used primaries. You also can't go wrong with a Braton (prime). Seriously. Good old boringass reliable pewpewpew weapon. I was also surprised at how much I like the Kuva Hind, and regret melting a Hind r*ven mod. Oops.

Just now, Orblit said:

Its neither, I'd call it a LMG.

For sortie, the "weapon categories", are silly generous, if not downright lazy. 

Essentially anything that isn't specifically classed as a bow, sniper or shotgun is considered an "assault rifle" for assault rifle only sortie lol. Even launchers are assault rifles according to sortie logic. By that logic my nine forma'd Amprex with Hunter Munitions is an "assault rifle". 

Try quellor. Its a younger brother of mausolon. Primary fire might feel underwhelming, but it mods into viral + slash and has high status chance. Alt fire is wrecking things, I'm one shoting ropalyst, and I saw some dude doing eudolon with it. But I don't think its metagun, you can probably do eudolons and oneshot ropalyst with a lot of weapons.

On 2020-09-11 at 9:23 AM, Traubenzuckr said:

to see which rifle is better than which other rifle you need to test them on higher level enemies, and tougher ones at that. for example lvl100+ railjack officer in simulacrum, or steel path grineer

every assault rifle built for corrosive will perform fine againt lvl60 deimos infested, but there is no reason to use one in this scenario in the first place

Power creep at its finest, "only compare weapons against the strongest boss in the game, nothing else is worth talking about"

My List of Rifles I like to use

#5 Burston P - This weapon is still a hard hitting weapon up to level 80 enemies, before I start to feel it fall off hard on how I have it setup, has a really nice accuracy

#4 Ignis Wraith - This is my go too weapon for AoE crowd killing, a must have for every one.

#3 Tiberon P - This bad boy is great at mid to long range, whether it is in single shot mode or burst mode, this weapon is great, but by far is not the best at ether.

#2 Baza P - This silenced bad boy was going to my number one at one point, the higher magazine size and faster reload fixed a lot of the issues I had with it's non primed variant, a real solid weapon but in the end still suffers from low damage, and if you ask me too high RoF, on my wisp I can empty a full clip in less than 2 seconds flat.  

#1 Quellor - There is something about this weapon that I can not put my finger on yet, I just love this weapon, high magazine size, high RoF, good damage, I find my self using this weapon more and more, and with the last buff to it's alt fire, it not half bad also as a shotgun if setup for that way.

On 2020-09-11 at 11:37 AM, TheArcSet said:

According to the Sortie, Quanta_Vandal counts as an assault rifle and is one of my most powerful weapons ;) .

Aside from that, the only one I regularly use is the Kuva_Quartakk, though I tend to use it's crit burst mode more than the auto.

Crit/Hunter Munitions build with dual status mods and you will have tons of fun.

On 2020-09-11 at 12:44 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I personally like my Basmu as it has probably the best utility of any gun and can manage through steel path pretty well. The lead time and accuracy can take some getting used to beyond mid range.

The recent Trumna is also epic if you can manage the reload and recoil or bypass it .

They are both not quite Auto rifles in the classic sense though and are more auto explosive launchers.

Tiberon (prime) , Stradavar (prime) , (Kuva) quartakk , Soma (prime) and (Kuva) Hind are respectable at their place for a classic AK feel.

For heavier LMG feel , the tenora , gorgon, Supra may be something to look at.

a riven can make one better than the rest though so its not so much "which is better" as in what is more suitable for a specific purpose.

All Rifles mentioned with the right build(without a Riven)can carry you through the Star Chart and Steel Path. As someone said, with a good Hunter Munitions build or Slash/status build these weapons will work well. The Synapse is one of those weapons I barely see used but it's a brutal weapon. You can't go wrong with The Synapse.

1 hour ago, MattM01 said:

All Rifles mentioned with the right build(without a Riven)can carry you through the Star Chart and Steel Path. As someone said, with a good Hunter Munitions build or Slash/status build these weapons will work well. The Synapse is one of those weapons I barely see used but it's a brutal weapon. You can't go wrong with The Synapse.

Synapse is more of a beam gun , same with the Amprex.

Rivens will just make the comparison difficult as it can go from pointless , to mediocre , to good enough to godly depending on the riven stats , hence i highlighted it - unrivened all of them can manage with a good build.

Latron Wraith has been my current flavor.  Otherwise Kuva Karak.  (I have really nice rivens for both).  I guess I can add Ferox in too (but I think of it as a sniper not an AR),  Also on that same note is Scourge (a aoe(ish) energy weapon?)

Acelltra.

No really. For tactical shooter where enemies and allies spawn and move by laws of physics, AR's are good choice.
For warframe where infested centipede enemies in iso vaults crawl from ceiling, eggs that form under my feet and spawn in all hallways endlessly 
you need a gun that will eradicate whole room at one tap. Anything else is masochism. 

AR's are not very good compared launchers, beams, and even bows in many cases due to the high burst damage they can dish out.

But Tiberon Prime, Stradavar Prime, Kuva Hind and Fulmin are all pretty good, particularly with rivens.  But they all have alt fire other than auto that help them along.  The regular baza w/ a riven is pretty good as well since it has a higher dispo than Baza Prime, which has barely any advantage over the regular.  Good for nullifiers, shield and armor stripping.

AR's are the only class that I pretty much only use with rivens, since they need the help.  Hate relying on them, but it is what it is

Archived