Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Model 2.0 Will End Up With De Rebalancing Everything

R3leaZ

Since I saw people who said that it would only make some weapons more overpowered like Soma for example. DE stated in their livestream that they will completely rebalance everything to fit to the new damage model. So saying weapons will get even more overpowered or anything similar to unbalance is invalid.

I hope this rebalance will fix most powercreep issues and useless weapons. Since also <--that<-- is stated in the livestreams that they are looking into the issue.

Edit: Now that I look back at my post I think it belongs in General Discussion. Can a mod move it?

Edited by R3leaZ

This is one of the few times when a thread actually belongs in General Discussion rather than a sub-forum.

Agreed xD.

When i read the title i wanted to say-img-

You don't know how many people don't know about this ROFL. I reviewed a lot of threads and something similar as "this weapon will become even more OP, etc" is often seen when talking about it.

Edited by R3leaZ

I swear half this board doesn't even know about it. I understood when it was just Design Council, but after the Livestream I assumed everyone would take it into account. Seems I was incorrect!

Yea xD

Congratz with 3k posts btw.

This just means is there will be an ever changing hiarchy of broken weapons as they try to "balance" things. It also means that it won't be 'safe' to catalyst/forma weapons for several months as they roll out nerfs.

As for powercreep... Nothing fixes power creep, it will always be in every game that releases content. Just accept it as you try to navigate around the more obvious nerfs coming down on new weapons.

This just means is there will be an ever changing hiarchy of broken weapons as they try to "balance" things. It also means that it won't be 'safe' to catalyst/forma weapons for several months as they roll out nerfs.

As for powercreep... Nothing fixes power creep, it will always be in every game that releases content. Just accept it as you try to navigate around the more obvious nerfs coming down on new weapons.

Having stronger weapons depending on Mastery requirement is ok. But currently a lot of low requirement weapons are either overpowered for their tier or just horribly underpowered.

just to be sure:

when damage 2.0 comes out, ignore any topic about it coming in the the whole day.

if anyones says it is bad or good, they just saw the tip of the iceberg, because to really see how a total rework of a mechanic in a game affects it, you have to test it for some time, not just see some spreadsheets with numbers on them

Agreed xD.

You don't know how many people don't know about this ROFL. I reviewed a lot of threads and something similar as "this weapon will become even more OP, etc" is often seen when talking about it.

U must find many things funny o.O.  "reviewed".  please just admit you noticed it and not reviewed it

this game needs both nerfs and buffs. mostly buffs, but it still needs nerfs.

Agreed. If you want OP weapons to stay very powerful then they need to bump up the Mastery requirement big time and thus put their tiers accordingly.

U must find many things funny o.O.  "reviewed".  please just admit you noticed it and not reviewed it

I did honestly. I have this ocd behaviour that I want to follow a thread entirely and read every post in it to shape my own view of something.
Edited by R3leaZ

You can keep powercreep away, but it's a lot of effort.

You can also keep it at bay, so there's that.

Power creep happens as a result of pushing new game impacting content as part of a monetary model. To get people to buy a new item it has to be 'better' then what folks already have or they will generally ignore it. Power creep doesn't happen when you change the monetary model and move the focus to items that are non-game impacting (a.k.a cosmetics). It's why I head scratch at DE not wanting to go the alternate model route for weapons. It would have saved on things like the machete having same stats as the Skana but a totally different item.

wasnt this already needed? just gives em incentive TO rebalance it, along with a deadline.

Well, the rebalancing to make weaker weapons more viable and overpowered weapons a bit less overpowered... yes.

But it's going to bring with it a LOT more than before; new elemental interactions, damage types (Poison! Radiation! Unicorn Rainbows!) and all sorts of neat things. I imagine there will be quite a few new mods that will be released as well, and probably even weapons that make use of specific damage interactions and new damage types. Like, a microwave radiation gun that causes temporary confusion to a target (like Nyx's chaos!).

What I'm trying to say is...

Can't wait to see all of the cool new changes.

Well, the rebalancing to make weaker weapons more viable and overpowered weapons a bit less overpowered... yes.

But it's going to bring with it a LOT more than before; new elemental interactions, damage types (Poison! Radiation! Unicorn Rainbows!) and all sorts of neat things. I imagine there will be quite a few new mods that will be released as well, and probably even weapons that make use of specific damage interactions and new damage types. Like, a microwave radiation gun that causes temporary confusion to a target (like Nyx's chaos!).

What I'm trying to say is...

Can't wait to see all of the cool new changes.

Im pretty sure that the new model will take away the 'Unicorn Rainbows'. It will restrict a weapon to only be able to use a max amount of 2 elemental mods. Since I don't see them mentioning what 3 elementals become or even all of them. They only mention combining 2. Thus it will be restricted to 2. Since more would cause conflicts.

It also means that it won't be 'safe' to catalyst/forma weapons for several months as they roll out nerfs.

I beg to differ

Grakata was worth it

The model is way to damn cool not to catalyze/forma

IMO