Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void is finally neutral like how we all wanted it, now let's talk about the status effect

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Here's a few ideas i had:

Void corruption: killing an enemy affected by a void status effect has a chance of dropping reactants(similar to the one in relic missions but seperate in function) each proc drops a reactant with a maximum of 10

Getting all 10 reactants will give the random Void corruption buff

Void reaction: void damage will proc the status effect of the damage type the enemy is most weak to

Void curse: each void proc reduces enemy level by 1 up to 10 max 

And finally, if all these sound irrational, a simple buff to the original proc woul suffice:

Instead of the void proc denying headshots, it actually should work like the scourge weapon where it attracts bullets to heads, more consecutive procs increases the radius of the attractor, for more easy headshots

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Void corruption: killing an enemy affected by a void status effect has a chance of dropping reactants(similar to the one in relic missions but seperate in function) each proc drops a reactant with a maximum of 10

There would be some balancing issues, beam weapons and whatnot. Also, with pistoleer and energized munitions, is ammo efficiency a real issue?

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Void reaction: void damage will proc the status effect of the damage type the enemy is most weak to

In some cases, like viral, mag, heat, slash, electric and tox, way too overpowering and in other cases rad, cors, cold, puncture, impact, blast etc. pretty bad.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Void curse: each void proc reduces enemy level by 1 up to 10 max 

Pretty useless

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Instead of the void proc denying headshots, it actually should work like the scourge weapon where it attracts bullets to heads,

Bare in mind, void status and dmg has been meant for sentient killing and I don't think they have..... heads. However, the bubble should form where you shoot or hit enemies. If the void status procs on a headshot then, there. If on the leg then, there. Just to keep things fair

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

] more consecutive procs increases the radius of the attractor,

Yeah, that it should

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ooh, you know, if void damage gave void traces, even like one trace per ten kills or something, I bet people would use it lots more.

Void traces would be great. Level loss is also fitting as one of the big things void does is allow time/space travel. Another option IMO is yet another lore one, of it corrupting enemies minds/insanity causing them to be turned to the corrupted faction and phasing out (the space distortion bit) dropping their type resistances by 5% per stack (so -50% to hp, shield and armor resists per stack).

The magnetize bubble really should be part of the magnetic element meanwhile.

Void's status effect has always bothered me a little.

The majority of the community asked for Puncture to do what Banshee's Sonar does but for some reason that never happened. I'd speculate that it was because they didn't want to make Banshee be less unique by doing that, which is understandable, yet Void's Status effect is just Mag's Magnetize, I don't necessarily have a problem but I do think the status effect is more trouble than it's worth and...kinda boring.

Along with this, Banshee's Sonar is already an ability for Helios with the Simaris precept, and Mag's magnetize is also part of Harrow's speargun alt fire effect.

13 часов назад, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 сказал:

I didn’t want it to be neutral. I wanted it to have bonuses and no negatives.

Well, being neutral is a bonus too. It means that you can use Void damage against any faction, any enemy and don't worry about negatives like other statuses have.

The moment I read "corruption" I remembered the corruption of the Warmonger in For Honor, just imagine that lol, a void proc will create a AOE around the target, each concecutive void proc will increase the AOE, those enemies who step in the AOE will produce a tick of damage for both the one with the proc and the one that went in the AOE, the more enemies in the AOE the greater the damage doing one tick of damage per second. That would be bonkers hahaha, anyways I like the first option but sounds more like an ability than a status effect.

Honestly I would say something akin to broken armor. % additional damage that ignores all defenses. Like 5 % per stack max 5 stacks? 

A full load would only seem like it would be 25% damage boost numerically but would be universal against shields, armor, and simple health enemies. Thus would penalize enemies with highly disproportionate amounts of health in relation to their defenses(some grineer and anti moas) without being a huge bonus to those that don't have additional defenses(most infested). Possibly even a way to break through ancient healers as well adding a bit of universal simplicity to it.

I like your first idea, so I will propose some details to flesh it out and my alternative status effect idea that mimics their recent changes to the void damage type overall.

Void Corruption: The Void status effect will add a 10% stacking chance up to 100% for the enemy to drop "Ephemeral" Reactant(basically just reactant that doesn't contribute to your actual in-mission reactant) on death, and collecting ten of these Ephemeral Reactants will provide the void corruption buff to the player for 45 seconds

Obviously the numbers are placeholder but I would say reasonable, and the effect can be tuned if they are concerned about warframe ability abuse, like limiting the corruption buff to the currently equipped weapon when the 10th Ephemeral Reactant is picked up, or to a random equipped weapon rather than allowing the warframe to be corrupted.

And for my idea:

Void Corruption(I like that name): The Void status effect will convert 3% stacking up to 30% of incoming void damage to true health damage for a short time(bypassing shields and armor) while reducing enemy resistance to other damage types by the same percentage for the same duration. 

I feel like this change is more in line with the concept of void as a true neutral damage type that strips enemy resistances. The numbers here are similarly placeholder, but I would say I erred on the side of caution with these and I could see the percentage even higher. Before you start calling this OP, keep in mind that void damage is very limited as of now; the only way to get it on a specific warframe outside of Xaku is through the highly expensive helminth system, then you are giving up an ability slot to get this damage type on your weapons, or through the operators whose damage is negligible anyway and this can only help them (Also the necramechs iirc but they can't be used in most missions anyway). Furthermore, this does not increase the void damage, it converts it, so the actual damage output should not be too drastically increased by that facet of the status effect.

If you wanted to be super super safe about this status effect, then remove the void true damage portion and make the resistance reduction include void as well and probably scale to a higher percentage like 50%, or remove the resistance reduction and keep the true damage and scale that higher, maybe making it bonus(not converted) percentile true damage to compensate. I personally prefer the combined version since it keeps void feeling like a special damage type and upholds the true neutral and resistance reducing theme.

TLDR: Read the two sections titled "Void Corruption" for two ideas to make the void status effect more effective, interactive, and thematic.

Anything (including nothing) is better than what we have right now, but I'll take the opportunity to promote my idea: Proc Spreading. Every time the Void proc goes off, the other procs on the enemy get spread to nearby enemies.

Edit: I haven't seen any evidence of the Void damage type becoming neutral to all health categories. Where did this information come from?

Make the proc make the target gain stacks of vulnerability over a period of time to any damage they take or something. So if you are doing void + IPS and other elementals it starts gaining vulnerability to any damage you hit it with not just void. Also gives pure void a way to increase it's damage against targets as nothing is weak against it. 

On 2020-09-11 at 3:13 PM, CrimsonSpawn said:

Bare in mind, void status and dmg has been meant for sentient killing and I don't think they have..... heads.

They do, they're just really tiny and between their bodies.  This would actually help hit the tiny head.

Issues with sentient hitboxes (illustrated) - General - Warframe ForumsThe part that is broken off is where the head would normally be, and the head attract status would help.

Archived