Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Some General Bugs I Collected

Khunvyel

Combat: In rare cases, when a killing blow is a jump kick, you don't get weapon or warframe experience, noticed by the experience bars NOT flashing. This also happens sometimes if the damage done to the enemy was exclusively done with jumpkick. This happened to me with kills of any faction and pretty much any enemy. The occurrence is truly random.

Combat: Sometimes, when jump-kicking a Grineer Heavy Gunner, they lose all their shields. Since this is not always the case, it isn't quite a feature (despite being a handy one :D ) so it must be a bug.

Combat: Depending on your melee weapon, it gets hard to outright impossible to hit knocked-down enemies with your regular swings if you stand too close to them. The assault just swooshes over them since the attacks are horizontally fixed, regardless if you've enabled the option that the camera controls your melee swings. The troublesome thing is, the execute-style move is only done when you have an enemy on the ground in your crosshair so it flashes up red. I suggest fixing the default behaviour to execute whatever is in your general frontal cone direction once it is in range, and get rid of the "need to have a target in my crosshair" prerequisite.

Item: I have my secondary weapon equipped, and pick up an item like a datamass storage. This limits me to said secondary weapon, we all know that. But then I hit the "swap weapon" button and my Waframe drops the item... but I am still on my secondary? Shouldn't my Warframe not only drop the item but ALSO swap to the primary?

Acrobatics: It is a given that we can "climb" our way up by wallrunning and backflipping between two structures that are close enough to each other (If you don't know what I am talking about because I am horribly non-descriptive, here is a screenshot ). However, there is a "steering problem": it only works when you use the mouse to turn 180° , but not if you (for example) use the left-right direction keys to bounce between both structures. Neither does it work with just back-front direction keys. You HAVE to use mouselook, which is not going to help people with controllers at all. It would be wonderful if we had more freedom of movement that isn't tied to mouselook, but rather the direction the warframe is facing, like the way most of the game is composed.

Acrobatics: It is a given that we can "climb" our way up by wallrunning and backflipping between two structures that are close enough to each other (If you don't know what I am talking about because I am horribly non-descriptive, here is a screenshot ). However, there is a "steering problem": it only works when you use the mouse to turn 180° , but not if you (for example) use the left-right direction keys to bounce between both structures. Neither does it work with just back-front direction keys. You HAVE to use mouselook, which is not going to help people with controllers at all. It would be wonderful if we had more freedom of movement that isn't tied to mouselook, but rather the direction the warframe is facing, like the way most of the game is composed.

This last one, this needs to happen, before it gets released on PS4. Of course having to do that isn't a required thing anywhere yet (even in the obstacle course), but it still needs to happen.

I agree on the part that this particular thing isn't THE topmost issue with "mouselook", but we are all aware that there are many other things with looking and aiming and moving that will hurt controller users hard. I just noted this as a bug and not as a suggestion for improvement, because at many other areas the issue doesn't come from the direction you look, but the direction your Warframe is facing. So it is a double edged blade, really.

In the case of the wallclimbjumping, it is so important that I opted to report it as a bug.