Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prima , Nanomachines Warframe V.5

keikogi

22 hours ago, keikogi said:

Tap and hold seems like a more reasonable mechanic and since the frame uses it across the board it would be really easy to figure it out. 

Maybe I didn't explain my suggestion well, but it would still follow the Tap and Hold pattern from her other abilities. My issue with the current version is that it would function like Gara's Splinter storm on the Tap cast... targeting ally = normal cast, and targeting nothing = operator cast. This works on Gara since she can have more than 1 splinter storm active and missing an ally wont be a waste if there isn't a splinter storm already on her.

In Prima's case, missing an ally will cast the only ability instance on her operator requiring she recast again to remove it and again to target the intended ally. My suggestion would be to swap the Hold to target clone and the target nothing to self-cast (also removing the "targeting nothing" trigger entirely). This removes the possibility of accidentally missing an ally requiring her to recast twice to actually hit the intended target. 

I honestly do think this Tap and Hold version would function better since there wouldn't be a possibility of misfiring the ability and requiring Prima to recast twice. To be clear, this is only if you want to add the Operator cast, otherwise, the ability is fine as is. 

Spoiler

Another random suggestion, maybe allow her to use her fourth while it's active on an ally. This would allow her to jump between allies within an x meter radius without toggling off the ability. Maybe this wouldn't work with the different triggers (tap, hold), in which case, nvm.

22 hours ago, keikogi said:

Pre equipped on the arsenal. You would even need to do a challenge mission to gain access to them. I'm also considering adding a quest line to get the frame where it starts out by the player freeing the warframe and getting the suit form and them latter on figure out it is a warframe and craft some of the missing parts so the frame can work without being bound to a host.

About the technology ideas well they would vary quite a bit. 

A few of the ideas I had so far. 

Leg could be equipped grinner or entrati 

Grinner kick a sentry roller to the position , it will dispense ammo and fire at enemies on a cone in front of it

Entrati , throws a mine that pulses ammo and absorb souls. If an enemy steps over it , deals damage based on the HP of the absorbed souls.

For hands it could be corpus or infested 

The corpus version uses specter particles to create copies of herself ( same as it is now diferent flavour )

The infested version  summons the infested inquisition ( baptized and prosliztizer ) with healing and cc guns. 

The head would be either Cephalon  tech or sentient tech 

The Cephalon tech would work as pokeball ( catch all enemies on a radius and put than on a data ball ) the sentient version would do some hacking nonsense and damage amplification trought adaptable damage.

That would bring a whole 'nother level of complication to her kit, and I'm here for it. The lore also sounds super interesting and different.

18 minutes ago, Gashabae said:

Maybe I didn't explain my suggestion well, but it would still follow the Tap and Hold pattern from her other abilities. My issue with the current version is that it would function like Gara's Splinter storm on the Tap cast... targeting ally = normal cast, and targeting nothing = operator cast. This works on Gara since she can have more than 1 splinter storm active and missing an ally wont be a waste if there isn't a splinter storm already on her.

In Prima's case, missing an ally will cast the only ability instance on her operator requiring she recast again to remove it and again to target the intended ally. My suggestion would be to swap the Hold to target clone and the target nothing to self-cast (also removing the "targeting nothing" trigger entirely). This removes the possibility of accidentally missing an ally requiring her to recast twice to actually hit the intended target. 

That's a good point. Gonna change that when I go for the extra stuff.

19 minutes ago, Gashabae said:

would bring a whole 'nother level of complication to her kit, and I'm here for it. The lore also sounds super interesting and different.

I dig it two but there are times it feels like I should just split a project in two. Junk yard( or cyborg ) frame that can absorb parts and ve om frame that's armor for an operator. Even dough it does work as single package. 

The idea is to give a agent venom vibe for the operator suit 

da0m3b4-403826c2-0b5e-4904-bd52-b8816606

agent_venom_by_johnbecaro_dcrc85r-fullvi

But with techy vibe since it nanites (kind like the superior iron man suit )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD3qiHVDVjNuGGH5fkK_w

Make it so the fore arms and leg pars hide on the back and while in use the sprouts from the back. The dead would float over the operator as a sentinel. These parts would be a prototype for a modular skills for operators and a way to finally make true the old theory that warframes are suits.

19 hours ago, keikogi said:

I dig it two but there are times it feels like I should just split a project in two. Junk yard( or cyborg ) frame that can absorb parts and ve om frame that's armor for an operator. Even dough it does work as single package. 

The idea is to give a agent venom vibe for the operator suit 

Make it so the fore arms and leg pars hide on the back and while in use the sprouts from the back. The dead would float over the operator as a sentinel. These parts would be a prototype for a modular skills for operators and a way to finally make true the old theory that warframes are suits.

You definitely could separate them. Either would work great, or even both. You could experiment with the idea on Prima and later create a venom like frame... it's hard to imagine what a venom-esque kit would look like so that's already got my attention.

There's a bit of a problem when it comes to adding an operator dependant interaction to a warframe's kit (I've considered using one but ultimately abandoned the idea). Not all players necessarily have access to their operator. Locking the frame behind the TWW quest would probably solve that problem, but it just seems a bit icky to stop new players from purchasing Prima in the market (less plat for DE and such). This is more of a monetary problem.

Maybe new players could use Prima, but the operator interaction just wont apply in their case? 

6 hours ago, Gashabae said:

You definitely could separate them. Either would work great, or even both. You could experiment with the idea on Prima and later create a venom like frame... it's hard to imagine what a venom-esque kit would look like so that's already got my attention.

The "venom" frame is a remarkable open ended theme as far as skills are concerned. The venom part only requires you  to have a skill that allows the frame to combine with another frame , operator or even an enemy. The subtheme is the one that creates the skill set. The subthemes I see working in warframe are 

A few examples 

Nanomachines - the kit you have seen , its pretty much a Hight tech suit providing extra mobility , defense and fire power.

Liquid metal - the same skills the venom simbiot provides , increased durability , melee damage , emiting tendrils,  firing sharp objects and so on.

Kuva- some kind of self revive mechanic for the host , enchants for the host skills , random elemental damage and unstable buffs and so on.

Pure energy ( no physical body ) - shield improviment , bolstering skills with power range and eletric damage. Giving damage damage on contact with enemies and so on.

Empty vessel - good old Empty armor,  it would essentially be a safe space to putsquish frames and provide a few extra layers of cc

6 hours ago, Gashabae said:

There's a bit of a problem when it comes to adding an operator dependant interaction to a warframe's kit (I've considered using one but ultimately abandoned the idea). Not all players necessarily have access to their operator. Locking the frame behind the TWW quest would probably solve that problem, but it just seems a bit icky to stop new players from purchasing Prima in the market (less plat for DE and such). This is more of a monetary problem.

I was kind off concerned about that unti necramechs hit the maeket. I don't think it would be that big of issue especially because it works as long as you have an ally. It would feel weird to have a frame with a seemingly dead skill unless you have an ally but useless skills aren't uncommon at all.

Archived