Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The werewolf warframe

Momoque2

Dear warframe fans, I have an idea for the next time we pick the next warframe.

So Here is my idea: A werewolf warframe I have no idea her 1, 2, 3 (so I'll let you create them sweat_smile) but her 4 ooo idea is that she becomes a mechanical wolf that:

-if he eats corpus, he gains a shield

-if he eats grineer gained health

-if he eats Infested gains health and status immunity for a cumulative time depending on the number of enemies he eats. Of course these effects are additional and if corpus and other enemies appear during the mission their effects will be added.

To get it since it's a werewolf I thought of an apparition like the stalker. Clearly when he appears if we beat him we have a chance to get one of these parts. But where it gets hard is that only ivara, ivara prime, valkyr or nidus can do critical damage to it, and increase the chance of dropping one of its parts. So I ask you in all sincerity to take note of this dream that I hope to see one day come true. So warframe fan or just passing on this page take a screenchot this publication share it, talk about it.

20 minutes ago, Momoque2 said:

So Here is my idea: A werewolf warframe I have no idea her 1, 2, 3 (so I'll let you create them sweat_smile) but her 4 ooo idea is that she becomes a mechanical wolf that:

-if he eats corpus, he gains a shield

-if he eats grineer gained health

-if he eats Infested gains health and status immunity for a cumulative time depending on the number of enemies he eats. Of course these effects are additional and if corpus and other enemies appear during the mission their effects will be added.

What kind of furry gender bending mostorcity is this , never seem a skill that changes gender. 

Jokes aside the idea you are what you eat is neat but a tad underdeveloped as it is. We have more factions than corpus grineer and infested , also just stat increases are a bit lame.

3 hours ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

Yeah people have been suggesting a wolf or warewolf frame for years. I don't know why It's such a common suggestion but it is. From what I've seen people have been suggesting it for 3 or 4 years, maybe more, and there must have been hundreds of posts about it in forums over the years. So, not exactly a new idea. But none of the wolf frame concepts have really gained enough popularity to be considered by DE, so really it's about how you present the idea more than anything. Who knows, maybe this wolf frame is the one that makes it.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Yeah people have been suggesting a wolf or warewolf frame for years. I don't know why It's such a common suggestion but it is. From what I've seen people have been suggesting it for 3 or 4 years, maybe more, and there must have been hundreds of posts about it in forums over the years. So, not exactly a new idea. But none of the wolf frame concepts have really gained enough popularity to be considered by DE, so really it's about how you present the idea more than anything. Who knows, maybe this wolf frame is the one that makes it.

its popular cause its such an obvious theme and has been ignored for years, we have several animal themed frames cats, birds, sea monsters ungulates ect but no wolf and theres a lot of really good well thought out frames just getting ignored.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

its popular cause its such an obvious theme and has been ignored for years, we have several animal themed frames cats, birds, sea monsters ungulates ect but no wolf and theres a lot of really good well thought out frames just getting ignored.

I think it has been egnored for this long BECAUSE there have been so many wolf concepts. If it were just one then that would be the main focus, but since there are hundreds of wolf frames the views and replies are being spread too thin. As a result none of these wolf concepts have been able to rise up above the others and get considered for the game.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Well I tried thinking more of the plot or lore of how this frame came to be. And I was picturing a Zanuka that has somehow regained memories of different frames and ended up shape shifting into a new frame. And has the ability to shape shift back into a new kind of zanuka. Basically the tenno enters its mind and “takes away its pain”. Was kind of my first attempt at a frame with no gender due to being created by Alad V from parts of different frames. That is until Xaku came out a year later. But I don’t exactly know how Alad V creates his Zanukas other than using warframes to do so. So I can’t be specific in the details. 

But its ability kit is based on being a hunter. A tracker. A pack leader. Being able to summon Kubrows to aid it or even other zanukas. Basically picture having a berserker mode similar to Valkyr but with a different fighting style. Like critical hits boosting melee speed like the mod. Having a big enemy radar as part of its passive. Maybe loot too. A sort of Prime Animal Instinct passive. Maybe could equip an extra kubrow as long as one Kubrow is equipped. Was also picturing greater mobility and wall jumping. Could maybe buff damage to deal eternal bleeding slash effects to enemies, as in it never stops until they die. 

But either way, that’s sort of what I pictured. Too many appearances to choose from that gives off animalistic hunter vibe. The big question is how would the prime exist? Since they were here first, how would the prime origin turn out? I’ve already thought of how the others could, except for revenant(due to having an origin that the others don’t)

Everyone always goes for the transformation concept when it comes to these werewolf frame ideas. I get it, the lore of werewolves is that the transform. Yadda yadda yadda.

But when it comes to this concept, and what I've noticed is pretty common for DE to do, is that "a werewolf warframe" is an extremely narrow concept. It provides little room for thought. Inevitably, it begins to have the same issue Revenant did with his concept. That is, they had to think outside the typical mythos of vampires to imagine his abilities.

My suggestion for a werewolf/lycanthrope/wolf myth theme is to expand your mythology to incorporate related mythology. Why not incorporate some popular wolf mythology, like Fenrir, into it as well? Maybe back track from a transformation from humanoid to quadrupedal and instead aim for a hybrid that simply retains its form, but changes its stance while storing weapons? Think sort of like Valkyr, how she just stores weapons.

20 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Everyone always goes for the transformation concept when it comes to these werewolf frame ideas. I get it, the lore of werewolves is that the transform. Yadda yadda yadda.

But when it comes to this concept, and what I've noticed is pretty common for DE to do, is that "a werewolf warframe" is an extremely narrow concept. It provides little room for thought. Inevitably, it begins to have the same issue Revenant did with his concept. That is, they had to think outside the typical mythos of vampires to imagine his abilities.

My suggestion for a werewolf/lycanthrope/wolf myth theme is to expand your mythology to incorporate related mythology. Why not incorporate some popular wolf mythology, like Fenrir, into it as well? Maybe back track from a transformation from humanoid to quadrupedal and instead aim for a hybrid that simply retains its form, but changes its stance while storing weapons? Think sort of like Valkyr, how she just stores weapons.

I haven't written up the article for mine yet (still need to brainstorm some specifics before I'm comfortable giving it its own article) but I had an idea for a "werewolf" Frame based loosely on Hades and Cerberus.

Basically you had three "Hounds" (Exalted Kubrow all sharing a mod pool, with the appearance of an energy projection of a Kubrow wearing a few pieces of solid armor) you could place and redirect with your abilities in a manner akin to Azir's Sand Soldiers from League of Legends. Basically, each of your first three Abilities spawned a Gate at the target location, to which a Hound would be chained, which would fight and attack enemies within the radius of their respective Gate. Enemies killed by the Hounds would generate Stacks, which Hades could claim for temporary buffs by recalling that Hound, each Hound offering a different buff.

Ability one spawned a red Gate with a helmeted Kubrow that had a damage-dealing ability (say, charging from point A to the location of his Gate, knocking down and damaging enemies along the way, and unleashing a conical shockwave in the direction he had charged upon reaching his destination) and generated stacks that gave Hades a damage buff when claimed.

Ability two spawned a blue Gate, whose associated Hound wore a breastplate and had a defense-associated ability (couldn't settle on what kind though) and similarly granted an armor/shield buff with collected Stacks.

Ability three spawned a green Gate guarded by a Hound that wore leg armor and pauldrons resembling Kubrow heads, which had a supportive ability and built a regeneration buff with collected Stacks.

Hades' ultimate was where everything came together- basically, if you had enough Stacks from all three of your Hounds at time of casting (if you didn't you just recalled all three at once and claimed their buffs) you could combine with all three of your Hounds into a three-headed Cerberus/werewolf form that was bigger, tankier, and could freely use their respective abilities on its own. Appearance-wise, you wore the first Hound's helmet on your head for the canine appearance, the second Hound's armor on your torso, and the third Hounds' armor on your arms and shoulders, with the rest forming as an energy construct around the Warframe at the center.

So yeah, basically all I still have is this idea of casting your three abilities by proxy of three limited-range Exalted Kubrow until each one gained enough stacks from their own respective kills that you could combine with them to turn into a giant three-headed werewolf that was tanky as heck and could use your Hounds' abilities himself for a short while. Still need to work out balancing details and other such specifics like the abilities of two out of the three Hounds.

14 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

I haven't written up the article for mine yet (still need to brainstorm some specifics before I'm comfortable giving it its own article) but I had an idea for a "werewolf" Frame based loosely on Hades and Cerberus.

Basically you had three "Hounds" (Exalted Kubrow all sharing a mod pool, with the appearance of an energy projection of a Kubrow wearing a few pieces of solid armor) you could place and redirect with your abilities in a manner akin to Azir's Sand Soldiers from League of Legends. Basically, each of your first three Abilities spawned a Gate at the target location, to which a Hound would be chained, which would fight and attack enemies within the radius of their respective Gate. Enemies killed by the Hounds would generate Stacks, which Hades could claim for temporary buffs by recalling that Hound, each Hound offering a different buff.

Ability one spawned a red Gate with a helmeted Kubrow that had a damage-dealing ability (say, charging from point A to the location of his Gate, knocking down and damaging enemies along the way, and unleashing a conical shockwave in the direction he had charged upon reaching his destination) and generated stacks that gave Hades a damage buff when claimed.

Ability two spawned a blue Gate, whose associated Hound wore a breastplate and had a defense-associated ability (couldn't settle on what kind though) and similarly granted an armor/shield buff with collected Stacks.

Ability three spawned a green Gate guarded by a Hound that wore leg armor and pauldrons resembling Kubrow heads, which had a supportive ability and built a regeneration buff with collected Stacks.

Hades' ultimate was where everything came together- basically, if you had enough Stacks from all three of your Hounds at time of casting (if you didn't you just recalled all three at once and claimed their buffs) you could combine with all three of your Hounds into a three-headed Cerberus/werewolf form that was bigger, tankier, and could freely use their respective abilities on its own. Appearance-wise, you wore the first Hound's helmet on your head for the canine appearance, the second Hound's armor on your torso, and the third Hounds' armor on your arms and shoulders, with the rest forming as an energy construct around the Warframe at the center.

So yeah, basically all I still have is this idea of casting your three abilities by proxy of three limited-range Exalted Kubrow until each one gained enough stacks from their own respective kills that you could combine with them to turn into a giant three-headed werewolf that was tanky as heck and could use your Hounds' abilities himself for a short while. Still need to work out balancing details and other such specifics like the abilities of two out of the three Hounds.

Yeah, I have my own lycanthrope themed warframe. Mine uses Fenrir, Hati, and Skoll, and it's focused around bring a melee brawler.

34 minutes ago, Momoque2 said:

Fentir are fox not wolf

Fenrir is a Warg from Norse mythology a Warg being a really really big intelligent wolf. He's the son of Loki, the cause of the apocalypse Ragnorok kills Odin, has two children Hadi and Skol that eat the sun and moon gods, his brother Jõrmugander is the world serpent that kills Thor, his sister is Hel ruler of the underworld and his other brother is Silphnir the six legged horse of Odin.

53 minutes ago, xZeromusx said:

Yeah, I have my own lycanthrope themed warframe. Mine uses Fenrir, Hati, and Skoll, and it's focused around bring a melee brawler.

thats about what I did, Hadi and skull are a two headed Helminth Charger, Fenrir is all about speed and brute force getting in ripping enemies apart and healing for it all the while growing stronger, and large for his ult.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I think it has been egnored for this long BECAUSE there have been so many wolf concepts. If it were just one then that would be the main focus, but since there are hundreds of wolf frames the views and replies are being spread too thin. As a result none of these wolf concepts have been able to rise up above the others and get considered for the game.

i keep saying we all just need to flood the first page for a while lol there is a lot of overlay with some abilities and themes. 

32 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

I feel like we're overdue for a werewolf Frame anyway, considering we already have Zombies (Revenant) Vampire (Garuda) Ghost/Will-O-Wisp (Wisp) Grim Reaper (Wraithe) and now Skeleton/Frankenstein's Warframe with Xaku.

Wait, Garuda's theme was Vampire? I thought that was what they said Revenant's theme was. Either way, they both feel like they kind of miss their mark.

We have much of the common horror themed tropes though, so why we haven't gotten a wolf/werewolf themed frame is just beyond me. IDK if it's a Canadian thing or what, but werewolf is one of the most common horror themes there is.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

thats about what I did, Hadi and skull are a two headed Helminth Charger, Fenrir is all about speed and brute force getting in ripping enemies apart and healing for it all the while growing stronger, and large for his ult.

Yeah, mine was helminth/infested themed, with hati and skoll being helminth chargers, with both occupying the companion slot. The trade off being that while you'd have 2 kubrows essentially, you'd be restricted to those two pets only. Unlike on Khora, where you can equip Venari + Any companion. Also, Fenrir himself would have no shields, like Nidus, as well as no energy, higher base health than Nidus but less health regeneration, and using health for its abilities.

3 hours ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

i keep saying we all just need to flood the first page for a while lol there is a lot of overlay with some abilities and themes. 

No, DE already knows that a lot of people want a wolf frame. They’re probably just waiting to see which one ends up on top view/ reply wise, and this hasn’t happened yet... as far as I know. There are probably 50 wolf frames tied for first place in forums.

16 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

I feel like we're overdue for a werewolf Frame anyway, considering we already have Zombies (Revenant) Vampire (Garuda) Ghost/Will-O-Wisp (Wisp) Grim Reaper (Wraithe) and now Skeleton/Frankenstein's Warframe with Xaku.

inaros mummy, Revenant is supposed to be a vampire in the way he enthrals his victims but hes also a sentient in a way, Garuda is named after a mythological bird but pulls from a yokai called the Kamatachi a weasle with sickles for limbs known for moving faster than the wind and causing cuts that dont stop bleeding but I do agree shes more Vampire the rev, Necros is both death and a Necromancer, Grendel is a Japanese Oni, we need  wolf of some kind any anthro wolf can fit, we also need a demon in my opinion, also does this all make Hydroid the creature from the black lagoon?

40 minutes ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

inaros mummy, Revenant is supposed to be a vampire in the way he enthrals his victims but hes also a sentient in a way, Garuda is named after a mythological bird but pulls from a yokai called the Kamatachi a weasle with sickles for limbs known for moving faster than the wind and causing cuts that dont stop bleeding but I do agree shes more Vampire the rev, Necros is both death and a Necromancer, Grendel is a Japanese Oni, we need  wolf of some kind any anthro wolf can fit, we also need a demon in my opinion, also does this all make Hydroid the creature from the black lagoon?

Oh yeah forgot about Inaros and Nekros.

And yeah, Hydroid could be considered either the Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Kracken, and/or Davy Jones.

Archived