Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's 1 Replacement Suggestions Please

Kaggelos

Larva and ensnare are good to group even more enemies in magnetize bubble.  Breach surge is a great ability on so many frames. It works especially well on enemies inside magnetize bubble. Pillage is overkill on armor striping and shield gating but its still a fun ability to add to Mag imo. 

32 minutes ago, Anaktoria said:

Curious, not very familiar with Gara or Spectrorage myself - what would be the benefit of it on Mag?

Spectro has an augment that increases probability of energy orbs on Mag. It's really only useful if you play in groups and have arcane energize. If you play solo, you'll want breach surge since Mag is not an energy heavy frame. It's energy intensive, yes, but with a proper build and good efficiency you won't be wanting for many energy orbs

1 hour ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Spectro has an augment that increases probability of energy orbs on Mag. It's really only useful if you play in groups and have arcane energize. If you play solo, you'll want breach surge since Mag is not an energy heavy frame. It's energy intensive, yes, but with a proper build and good efficiency you won't be wanting for many energy orbs

My Mag is energy heavy. I magnetize everything, greedy pull everything, and her armor strip combo is expensive. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Someone using Spectrosiphon will obviously modify their build to make use of the extra energy.

Mag was top tier territory before helminth and she did not gained too much power wise because she had already everything at disposal, I think that more or less she is on par with even khora overall

So mag kit:

- Damage scalling and AoE: magnetise, so I don't see the point of using baby larva

- Shield gating: Polarize helps tremendously on enabling shield gating, add augur mods and brief respite if you need it

- armor stripping: mag is one of the only frames that can attain 100% armor strip, crush augment is one of the bests in the game, completly underrated as well, it is a better version of Xaku Gaze tbh with the "6 forma crowd" saying that it is an ok spell. Except mags solves everything else with her kit

- CC, if you have ernergy to throw ccs, just use crush lol

So yes right of the bat she has everything and beyond, so at this point, even if I'm not a fan I think dispensary is viable. I don't know how Nourish? works with polarize and crush but if it fully works it is way way better than Roar. Else I don't recommend skills that need augments on her at all, because she has already good augments to use.

I personally will replace polarize with breach surge cause i find that ability is kinda useless. I use crush as a shield regen and also as a panic button.

With augment her 4 can give shield strips armor and cc the enemy. Crush will strips max 80% of enemy armor but her 3 only fixed amount and the damage contribute to bubble is not that good. It also take time to jammed the enemy far away and only work on one that have gun.  You will find the stuff that mostly kill you is toxin ancient so her 3 wont work on them. Where crush and pull work on all enemy except nullifier. It even work through wall and enemy that protected by ancient healer. So it better than pillage imo.

I use her 1 to knock enemy down to go in and setup bs + bubble. So her 1 is not as useless at many though it would.

TLDR keep her 1 replace her 3 with breach surge.

If you want survivability Ive found mirages 'eclipse' works wonders!! works great with my mesa build. I whacked it on because even with shooting gallery and shatter shield cast she is still extremely vulnerable when using peacemaker. Plus I have the option of being in light and gaining a massive damage boost when I need it.

Juts wish DE would make the dark/light feature make sense. Or a way of switching between the two variations, taking away the randomness of it.

yeah I dunno how you mod your Mag, but all of it comes cheap and effective. I find it extremely hard to believe that so many people were unable to play Mag before Helminth. Anyways, if energy is your big problem, you're still better off putting dispensary and saving yourself a mod slot since you seem to be unable to build Mag properly anyways

Archived