Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus/Grineer Mechs?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Sure others have already thought of them before but this is more of my thoughts on them. 

For starters I was picturing the corpus and grineer mechs being operated by enemies similar to the Dargyns. The weak spots could be an opening where the enemy pilots can be taken out. But for tenno’s we still use the orokin Necramech voidrig looking skull for the transference. Maybe these could be designed to allow warframes to take over enemy Necramech like dargyns while building our own requires transference? Still a little “uneducated” on how Necramech works. But still never stopped other factions from trying to use orokin tech.

But with thumpers, heavy grineer units and bosses, I’m picturing the Grineer Necramech being more bulky looking with more brute force melee based abilities. It’s hard to describe through text. Hope it’s not too hard for y’all to picture a bulky grineer battle suit with an almost football pads shape. Abilities would range from being able to leap great distances and create seismic waves to being able straight up pummel enemies. Could even come with unique ability to wield arch-melees like the Knux.

For the corpus, I’m picturing more high tech arsenal type stuff. Mostly focuses and shooting from a distance but has close range abilities for protection. Sure y’all have seen enough Ambulases to get a good idea on appearance. Abilities focus more on defense and subduing enemies. Like trapping them and leaving them vulnerable.

There’s just too wide of a range of abilities to choose from those categories so it’s mostly up to y’all to pick what y’all think would be more unique and fitting for a Necramech. I make suggestions based mostly on what other people think is more fitting and Necramech is a whole new thing.  

While orokin is focused on medium range destruction, grineer is close range and corpus is far/wide range. And their ability kits are meant to support their styles while offering protection for their weaknesses/flaws. 

I’m still trying to figure out how to describe their appearances more clearly. Only thing I can say is picture a Necramech but with grineer like arms or Ambulas type legs and artillery. 

Kind of see an event where we must stop the mass production of these mechs. Which means fighting an army of them. Maybe they’re sort of incomplete and therefor easier to destroy while there are a few here and there that have been perfected. Could see “Father” expressing disgust in how his invention has been sort of tainted. But can’t help but feel their uniquenesses can still be of use which allows the tenno to have a “perfect” version of their own. 

Feel like PoE and OV needs some love again. Been a while since either of them had anything interesting happen and introducing mechs may bring the fun back to them. Get people to explore each open world more often again by splitting the resource requirements between them. Instead of just boring themselves again and wait for the next one. I would gladly mine again if a new kind of mining resources needed for the alternate mechs are discovered in the previous open worlds. 

But anyways, hope more people are willing to discuss on how this could be implemented and improved by DE. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

I feel like it would be easiest to just give Corpus and Grineer their own unique enemies for open-worlds that use the Necramech "bipedal mecha" animation rigging, but then let players purchase skins of these mechs to use on their Necramechs.

Well seeing as DE made a separate syndicate similar to Vox Solaris with Little Duck, I figured they plan to release more Necramech stuff. Little duck came with 2 extra frames. Cetus came with 2 frames. And this open world only has 1. In like a month or two there will be another frame most likely released on this new open world. So there may be a chance more Necramech weapons or even mech themselves would  be released. Just wanted to add on to the possibility of corpus and grineer mech what I believe would make them more unique.

Wish all 4 K-Drives were unique. Like each one had a unique ability that would make using them for more than just their appearance. And maybe have the option to change their appearance at some point with some standing. 

But basically a Necramech is like a true grounded Arch-wing. Capable of really big wide range abilities compared to frames. But while Archwing take to the skies, Necramech takes to the ground. And I figured it won’t be long before we have like 2-3 more Necramechs. Just wanted to add my opinion on their possibilities. It wasn’t long before we gained more stuff in previous open worlds. 

So I doubt that there will only be one Necramech. So I’m just offering some ideas for DE to use, if they choose, to implement them much sooner and make sure they’re more unique and not just a skin with MR. And my main thing was having them cover different areas/distances. Since the orokin one already covers roughly mid range, figured one could cover far range, and another could cover close range. And since corpus love attacking from a distance with high tech arsenals and grineer love to get up close and pummel their enemies, figured that would be a suitable style and design for the new necramechs that may come. Also I’d liked to do more with my Necramech than just shoot or blow everything up. Which a new Necramech would probably be easier than DE trying to add a whole new ability kit through mods or something. It would give players something to work towards instead of complaints about mod space or demanding that the ability kit be completely changed. Some players prefer melee weapons and more than likely would want their Necramech to do melee type attacks. It could also be a nice way to introduce ground arch melees for those who like swinging big swords around. 

Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well seeing as DE made a separate syndicate similar to Vox Solaris with Little Duck, I figured they plan to release more Necramech stuff. Little duck came with 2 extra frames. Cetus came with 2 frames. And this open world only has 1. In like a month or two there will be another frame most likely released on this new open world. So there may be a chance more Necramech weapons or even mech themselves would  be released. Just wanted to add on to the possibility of corpus and grineer mech what I believe would make them more unique.

Wish all 4 K-Drives were unique. Like each one had a unique ability that would make using them for more than just their appearance. And maybe have the option to change their appearance at some point with some standing. 

But basically a Necramech is like a true grounded Arch-wing. Capable of really big wide range abilities compared to frames. But while Archwing take to the skies, Necramech takes to the ground. And I figured it won’t be long before we have like 2-3 more Necramechs. Just wanted to add my opinion on their possibilities. It wasn’t long before we gained more stuff in previous open worlds. 

So I doubt that there will only be one Necramech. So I’m just offering some ideas for DE to use, if they choose, to implement them much sooner and make sure they’re more unique and not just a skin with MR. And my main thing was having them cover different areas/distances. Since the orokin one already covers roughly mid range, figured one could cover far range, and another could cover close range. And since corpus love attacking from a distance with high tech arsenals and grineer love to get up close and pummel their enemies, figured that would be a suitable style and design for the new necramechs that may come. Also I’d liked to do more with my Necramech than just shoot or blow everything up. Which a new Necramech would probably be easier than DE trying to add a whole new ability kit through mods or something. It would give players something to work towards instead of complaints about mod space or demanding that the ability kit be completely changed. Some players prefer melee weapons and more than likely would want their Necramech to do melee type attacks. It could also be a nice way to introduce ground arch melees for those who like swinging big swords around. 

Just my opinion.

Oh we're definitely getting more Necramechs- we already know of at least one more model from the trailers- I'm just not sure whether they'll keep the wholesale construction model we currently have or be changed to be piecemeal like K-Drives, and consequently how that would affect the possibility of actual Necramechs from other factions as opposed to cosmetics based on them that can be applied to any or all of our mechs.

And yeah, K-Drive parts having different base stat modifiers/polarities like MOA companions would have been nice, but then again being purely cosmetic is kinda freeing too.

And yes I'm fairly certain we'll be getting a second and/or third Warframe on Deimos with some kind of raid; people speculate it may involve fighting the Wyrms, but I have a hunch the Magnus Cerebrum might be a part of it too. That big growling brain-building has far too detailed-yet-empty an interior to *not* be significant in some way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-09-12 at 4:46 AM, Cobalt313 said:

Oh we're definitely getting more Necramechs- we already know of at least one more model from the trailers- I'm just not sure whether they'll keep the wholesale construction model we currently have or be changed to be piecemeal like K-Drives, and consequently how that would affect the possibility of actual Necramechs from other factions as opposed to cosmetics based on them that can be applied to any or all of our mechs.

And yeah, K-Drive parts having different base stat modifiers/polarities like MOA companions would have been nice, but then again being purely cosmetic is kinda freeing too.

And yes I'm fairly certain we'll be getting a second and/or third Warframe on Deimos with some kind of raid; people speculate it may involve fighting the Wyrms, but I have a hunch the Magnus Cerebrum might be a part of it too. That big growling brain-building has far too detailed-yet-empty an interior to *not* be significant in some way.

We still do not have a gas based frame. I made a concept called Hazard who can spray and deal gas damage and it be ignited to deal blast damage. Basically a frame created to deal with infested. I can see Deimos being the perfect opportunity to release such a frame. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

We still do not have a gas based frame. I made a concept called Hazard who can spray and deal gas damage and it be ignited to deal blast damage. Basically a frame created to deal with infested. I can see Deimos being the perfect opportunity to release such a frame. 

There's always that Alchemist.

I found it an interesting conversation, especially in the part where you mentioned using new Necramech as a reason to go through the previous open worlds, I think it's very good that each of the open worlds have their own official Necramech, in the valleys of the Orb the Corpus type and in the Plains the Grineers type, although I do not consider and I do not like the idea that planet earth is the world of the grineers.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lennin_Pro said:

I found it an interesting conversation, especially in the part where you mentioned using new Necramech as a reason to go through the previous open worlds, I think it's very good that each of the open worlds have their own official Necramech, in the valleys of the Orb the Corpus type and in the Plains the Grineers type, although I do not consider and I do not like the idea that planet earth is the world of the grineers.

To be honest when I first heard of an open world for Grineers, I thought it was gonna by on Mercury or Mars. A more deserty kind of land. When I thought of a Sun Goddess like frame, I got the idea thinking about the desert, and the vision I had for her is literally what wisp is. Except for her a... assets. 

Would be nice if there was a more grineer based open world that didn’t have giant eidolon. Maybe more desert creatures like giant sand worms. Maybe some that can spit a goo that hardens quickly and slows you down. Could become part of the Inaros quest much like how PoE is part of revenant’s quest. 

And this one could have much more advanced grineer machines, such as the necramech. And the syndicate could be the defected and steel meridian could be more involved. Imagine her leading you through the bounties. Could involve like a giant rescue mission that works similar to spy missions. Where there are defected prisoners needing to be freed in multiple locations inside a large underground prison. And triggering alarms could release either Grineer Mechs or desert carnivores they’ve managed to subdue. 

Can kind of picture Wolf coming back too. Maybe he has been recruiting defected grineer and he really hates those that choose to be pacifists. So sometimes he may pop up. Some cases a defected grineer may decide to join him and turn against you and the others.

Stuff like that.

hace 3 horas, (PS4)chris1pat8twins dijo:

To be honest when I first heard of an open world for Grineers, I thought it was gonna by on Mercury or Mars. A more deserty kind of land. When I thought of a Sun Goddess like frame, I got the idea thinking about the desert, and the vision I had for her is literally what wisp is. Except for her a... assets. 

Would be nice if there was a more grineer based open world that didn’t have giant eidolon. Maybe more desert creatures like giant sand worms. Maybe some that can spit a goo that hardens quickly and slows you down. Could become part of the Inaros quest much like how PoE is part of revenant’s quest. 

And this one could have much more advanced grineer machines, such as the necramech. And the syndicate could be the defected and steel meridian could be more involved. Imagine her leading you through the bounties. Could involve like a giant rescue mission that works similar to spy missions. Where there are defected prisoners needing to be freed in multiple locations inside a large underground prison. And triggering alarms could release either Grineer Mechs or desert carnivores they’ve managed to subdue. 

Can kind of picture Wolf coming back too. Maybe he has been recruiting defected grineer and he really hates those that choose to be pacifists. So sometimes he may pop up. Some cases a defected grineer may decide to join him and turn against you and the others.

Stuff like that.

In my opinion I would opt for Mercury, a sanctuary city under the surface since on the outside it is too hot, or Saturn where one of his greatest creations lies, the Wolf of Saturn 6 where it appears more frequently, with a castle in the sky. rocky floating with structures and mechanism in the Grineer style where its main attraction would be to appreciate the ring of asteroids in the sky. So what would the older boss look like? It could be a giant mechanical monster controlled by a Grineers sergeant, a "Giant Mechanical Basilisk" could also be or a rock and metal titan.

On the other hand, the earth will be constantly threatened by the different factions, our priority will be focused on having us protect it, this being still the home of Humanity. I will then see Grineer ships landing leaving their crews, fleets and some bases in the plains leading their expeditions, so this would not be the Grineers world but rather one that the Grineer are interested in conquering, but they will hardly succeed in part. of the Tennos that protect her. well that's what i think

Archived