Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Traditional Armor? Honor Traditions

Breezer88

I'm new in this forum and to be honest not even sure if this is where my suggestion needs to be but here it goes.

I like to think of myself as a bit of a traditionalist and perhaps a lot of that has to do with my age and upbringing. Or some part of me plays this game and hears players mention the word Ninja and whatnot. Or I play with Wukong and think of the origins of Sun Wukong the Monkey King. Chinese, Japanese and heck almost all Asian folklore is just hypnotizing to me. With all of these skins coming out I literally yearn for a Traditional Samurai Gosuko Armor without jets coming off of certain parts, etc. Sometimes keeping it simple is plain beautiful. I would even buy the plain old Kung Fu Tang or Tai Chi uniform for my operator and then some War Sword skins for melee weapons and other asian styles for polearms? I would guess Excalibur, Wukong, Ash would be 3 quick one for the skin. Then how about some new stuff for Baruuk? Revenant has nothing as far as skins and 2 helmets only... lol. I bet the artists could have a field day with this game. Anyways, thanks for y'alls time.

I'm not exactly sure, what you're specific trying to ask for, but I'm guessing your asking for more traditional samurai and ninja armor to be cosmetics in the game? 

It's not necessarily a bad suggestion, problem is trying to get it through TennoGen. Because not only most artists are unlikely to read or do this (no offense, it's just a lot of TennoGen requests don't get much traction), but you can't edit the body model of a Warframe in this game in order to make those types of designs "truly" possible, at best heavy allusions to it through texture work. And Operator Suit TennoGen is also not possible yet. The best you could get is TennoGen Armor related to it, but at the same time, I don't see simple and realistically-accurate armor getting into this game with it's stylization and design philosophy.

I think DE need to expend horizon and exit the confront zone. Like what they did with some cool deluxe that go in totally different direction from original and we need something like that in tennogen.... Im all about ninja/samurai cosmetics and it would bee nice to see more for attachments and helmet that are in that cook direction. So that tennogen artist can finally have freedom to go in that direction for all frames that we have... 

Archived