Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Munitions w/ Slash Mods (on slashless guns)

Diedact

Question

So I understand that Hunter Munitions (+30% chance to apply slash on crit, primaries) can create slash DoTs on enemies even with a gun that doesn't have slash. My question is for these weapons specifically as would a slash only mod, such as Sweeping Serration (+120% slash, shotguns), have any effect on Hunter Munitions?

This question is not whether IPS mods are useful, I know they aren't for all weapons in the game that do not rely on a single damage type.

We know that it's not increasing the base damage of these slashless guns. Therefore if slash is applied before Hunter Munitions and is not considered after then it doesn't do anything. It's worse than useless it's consuming a mod slot needlessly. On the other if slash does increase the damage of Hunter Munitions after HM considers base damage then the +120% is a powerful boost. On a gun with slash would that mean it applies twice? What I'm essentially asking is the priority order of Hunter Munitions in the damage formula. However, I would greatly appreciate a simple answer such as "Yes/No slash mods do/do not affect HM on slashless guns."

Cheers.

6 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Diedact said:

This question is not whether IPS mods are useful, I know they aren't for all weapons in the game that do not rely on a single damage type.

(while the main question has been answered, actually Slash Mods are highly desirable now if your goal is to apply Slash Status without Hunter Munitions - because the probability for Slash Status if you have Elemental Mods thesedays is pathetically low, so a 120% Slash Mod recovers about half of that probability)

Slash DoT procs ("bleed") gets it's damage from the modded base damage (so Serration increases it, but Fanged Fusillade does not). Duration mods work on the effects from Hunter Munitions (increasing total damage by adding more ticks of damage), but if you really want to push the bleed proc damage the best mods to use are the "Primed Bane of"-mods, since their effect apply to the bleed proc twice (first for the modded base damage and then again for the bleed => a Primed Bane-mod will increase the bleed damage by approx. 140%, per tick).

Also, you can get double bleed procs from the same shot, from Hunter Munitions (triggering from crit) and from Slash damage (triggering from normal status calculations). Actually, with the new status system you could theoretically proc more than two bleeds (with a status chance above 100%).

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

(while the main question has been answered, actually Slash Mods are highly desirable now if your goal is to apply Slash Status without Hunter Munitions - because the probability for Slash Status if you have Elemental Mods thesedays is pathetically low, so a 120% Slash Mod recovers about half of that probability)

+1

i just want to emphasize that this is crucially important on slash-based secondaries, as secondaries don't have HM

Archived