Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changed interaction vs bug? Petrified/frozen enemies not producing multiple lootable bodies anymore

Koalachan

It used to be that on death, petrified and frozen (from cold status or Frost's 4 for example) enemies that were killed shattered. This created multiple body parts that created synergy with Nekros' Desecrate which can loot individual parts.

Now with Ore Gaze becoming subsumable on Nekros, I had to find out this is not working anymore. You can also guarantee dismemberment with Amalgam Ripkas True Steel and not even that is working when the enemies get petrified/frozen. Obviously I can't tell when this stopped working at this point. So now not only does it not work, it has anti-synergy with the dismemberment effect: as in preventing dismemberment from kills with weapons that have 50+% Slash IPS (as well as Ripkas' effect). 

Considering this and the fact that it used to work, I am hoping this is a bug that gets fixed. If this was done on purpose to curtail looting, a confirmation would be welcome as there is little point to put Ore Gaze on Nekros currently if you're just trading in a 3rd Desecrate loot from dismemberment for a 3rd from Atlas while also paying another mod slot for Ore Gaze. CAVEAT: This is provided you know about Dismemberment mechanics and are actively persuing those. If you were not, Ore Gaze obviously gives 3 instead of 2 looting chances.

• 1 month later...

I am just stumbling across this bug myself.

Doing some testing with my balla zaws. they should not be able to dismember without a -puncture mod, but by default they seem to able to cause gore.

but when i apply my -puncture riven, i nolonger get dismemberment....which is counter to how it used to work.

Archived