Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Necraloid "Void Clock" and the origin of the Man in the Wall and Reliquary Drive from Railjack (Major quest spoilers)

Everyone's bringing up some really good points and ideas - honestly, no need to repeat other theories others have mentioned.

But one thing I wonder - maybe The Void itself, or this "entity" of some kind, doesn't actually obey linear time. It's possible there might be a sort of time paradox/self-fulfilling loop going on, where The Man In The Wall gives Albericht the formulas and plans to spearhead void technology to expand and empower the Orokin empire - and the advent of void technology leads to the day where the Zariman Ten-Zero is left stranded in The Void, allowing the Tenno to become enriched with Void powers. It's maybe possible that The Man In The Wall is trying to guide us into setting a sort of series of event in action to lead to something advantageous for him. (Or maybe something that "needs" to happen in a cosmic sense, him being able to witness the timelines where this "event" does not occur and things go badly for everyone.) It almost even seems like he's checking in on us every "step" we take in this direction he's setting us in, making sure we even feel the way we feel about things.

Others have also mentioned The Requiem Mod Poem, when listed in the right order, paints a sort of... prophecy of sorts, some events having already transpired. So perhaps there's some weird closed circle of time stuff that's going on, the Man In The Wall being able to disobey these laws (The Void itself seems to violate most laws of physics, as various items have noted) and using us as a means to reach out and touch this material, linear-time dimension that is the Material Plane.

And also, Duviri Paradox heavily implies time travel shenanigans and the Void - us supposedly revisiting Orokin structures lost and warped in there, and possibly even the Zariman Ten-Zero itself. Suffice to say, I think D.E. is starting to close some loose ends and paint a solid picture of what's going on here in a very, very interesting fashion - and as Deimos gets some updates and The New War Cometh, it looks like we might be getting somewhere very akin to the shattering plot twist/reveal that was The War Within. Color me exited!

... And as one final note: In the Isolation Vaults, Mother always seems to remark on the thought of us returning someday once we've "learned more about The Void" or attune ourselves more - meaning we might possibly gain access to more Void magic in the future that allows us to do... something with the Iso-Vaults in the future. 

On 2020-09-13 at 6:38 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

everyone in this thread is going all big-brain mode trying to learn about the void, and I only have one question:

Reveal hidden contents

where do I shoot it?

To answer your question >>> you cant 

The void entaty also known as the man in the wall from what iv gatherd is a god like entity with enough power to exist in multiple forms and is literaly (dramatic bu bu bu) THE VOID ITSELF  

To do what your sugesting would take the teno becoming gods themselfs and even if we shot and killed the man in the wall most of the univers is made up of void wead basicly be killing the univers or to preserve itself from being destroyed the univers could cause a peridox to happen were in we would become the new man in the wall creating a new void 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Librus_MT said:

Everyone's bringing up some really good points and ideas - honestly, no need to repeat other theories others have mentioned.

But one thing I wonder - maybe The Void itself, or this "entity" of some kind, doesn't actually obey linear time. It's possible there might be a sort of time paradox/self-fulfilling loop going on, where The Man In The Wall gives Albericht the formulas and plans to spearhead void technology to expand and empower the Orokin empire - and the advent of void technology leads to the day where the Zariman Ten-Zero is left stranded in The Void, allowing the Tenno to become enriched with Void powers. It's maybe possible that The Man In The Wall is trying to guide us into setting a sort of series of event in action to lead to something advantageous for him. (Or maybe something that "needs" to happen in a cosmic sense, him being able to witness the timelines where this "event" does not occur and things go badly for everyone.) It almost even seems like he's checking in on us every "step" we take in this direction he's setting us in, making sure we even feel the way we feel about things.

Others have also mentioned The Requiem Mod Poem, when listed in the right order, paints a sort of... prophecy of sorts, some events having already transpired. So perhaps there's some weird closed circle of time stuff that's going on, the Man In The Wall being able to disobey these laws (The Void itself seems to violate most laws of physics, as various items have noted) and using us as a means to reach out and touch this material, linear-time dimension that is the Material Plane.

And also, Duviri Paradox heavily implies time travel shenanigans and the Void - us supposedly revisiting Orokin structures lost and warped in there, and possibly even the Zariman Ten-Zero itself. Suffice to say, I think D.E. is starting to close some loose ends and paint a solid picture of what's going on here in a very, very interesting fashion - and as Deimos gets some updates and The New War Cometh, it looks like we might be getting somewhere very akin to the shattering plot twist/reveal that was The War Within. Color me exited!

... And as one final note: In the Isolation Vaults, Mother always seems to remark on the thought of us returning someday once we've "learned more about The Void" or attune ourselves more - meaning we might possibly gain access to more Void magic in the future that allows us to do... something with the Iso-Vaults in the future. 

For the last part of what mother sead >>> the teno arnt completly awakend yet its kinda like when you first wake up your drowsy sometimes with only one eye open until youve had a good amount of time to fully wake up and get your barings together   but imagen youve been sleeping for maby about 100 years with a transferans bult and your body is just now realizing hay im awake 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2020-09-13 at 9:54 AM, Loza03 said:

Remember, during the final step of Rising Tides, when you get the Void Key that you put into the Reliquary drive, there's the sound of something - most likely the finger - bumping around and entering.

I interpreted those sounds as the Man in the Wall showing up. You hear a thump, see the Reliquary Drive shake a little, and the camera pans up to show him sitting on top. It seems like he landed there, like he had jumped into a sitting position. It fits with his playful personality seen especially in the Chimera Prologue.

On 2020-09-13 at 2:29 PM, Loza03 said:

Our Railjack was created from salvage by six different Railjacks strewn across six different planets. Last time I checked, human hands have five digits, counting the thumb.

Since we can reasonably conclude that the Reliquary drive is what allows the 'Rail' part of the Railjack to work (using void energy to fire a small-scale solar rail) - where did the sixth finger come from? And why would the Orokin waste these incredibly precious items on disposable spacecraft?

I mean there could be up to ten digits. Both hands. But I agree that the idea of the Reliquary Drives being limited to extant fingers is limiting, especially because you presumably can't use them for anything else when they're powering the ship's drive.

My theory (admittedly pure speculation) is that the Orokin cloned the fingers and grew them. The fingers clearly have some sort of physicality to them, since they could be studied. They also clearly have otherworldly properties, since that study yielded results re: Void technology. So if the Orokin managed to clone and regrow the fingers in vitro, they could grow as many as they wanted. They could also grow them to any size (if you suppose that you need a certain amount of "Void energy" to power the Reliquary Drive, then you grow the finger to that size). We know the Entrati and other Orokin are big compared to normal humans and even the warframes, but that finger is absolutely massive. It doesn't seem like it came from a person that had Albrecht's appearance.

On 2020-09-13 at 6:20 PM, Loza03 said:

especially considering that we're told the current Railjacks are sigma series, implying there were eighteen series of these ships designed.

Greek letters are not always used in sequence. It seems rather that Sigma was one of the Railjack manufacturers, like Lavan and Vidar.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-09-12 at 10:42 AM, Loza03 said:

I agree with the only exception being it seems more like "A year spent in the void could be anything in the real plane". Given how much infrastructure seems involved with void travel and set, specific navigational aides (for example, strict A-B portals, compasses for anything immersed in the void or space rails) I generally took it that the void is somewhat random and ephemeral. There's no clear way of knowing what's going to happen when you go in unless you take something from real-space with you that somehow 'forces' the void to behave.

So, uh, there's a piece of lore that has gripped me for a while, and what you've said here has really gotten my mind running again. In Ember's Codex entry, the woman who found the Tenno is being interviewed, and when asked why children were on board, the woman responds with something to the effect of "there were no records of children being on the ship. That would be against protocol". Until now, I've been juggling a few theories that could explain this, such as time reversing for the crew while in the void and turning them into children, therefore "murdering" their adult counterparts, or perhaps 2 Zarimans from 2 separate universes, 1 with kids and 1 without, somehow passing/crossing each other into the other's world through the void, with the children and/or parents going crazy from extended direct contact with the void. It could also explain why we see the Zariman in the Duviri Paradox trailer.

However, now another theory cropped up in my mind after reading your thoughts on how time in the void could work relative to the time outside of it. Perhaps, there were indeed no children on the vessel before it entered the Void "accidentally". Perhaps they had no such real-space item to force time in the Void to behave, and as such...they spent years upon years within it, held within the grasp and influence of the MitW as he watched them. A human crew, stuck on the same ship, for years, could cause relationships to blossom out of the sheer necessity for companionship, seeing as they would have no idea when or if they'd ever escape. And as such...they had children, among each other, within the Void. No one could have possibly fathoms what the Void could do to a living organism being developed inside it from conception to birth.

This could very well have been a kind of experiment of the MitW, to see if such thing was possible, and then, once the children had grown enough, to cause an elimination of the now unneeded adults and release of the children back into the Origin System at any point in its time he so chooses. If the Orokin didn't know how unreliable the comparison of time within and without the Void was, then no wonder they'd be so baffled by children on a ship there weren't supposed to be children on, and wouldn't even consider the idea that they'd been conceived, born, and raised on it inside the Void if sufficient time hadn't passed in their system.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I get so into this kind of thing when it comes to lore 😅

45 minutes ago, PlatiSoul said:

So, uh, there's a piece of lore that has gripped me for a while, and what you've said here has really gotten my mind running again. In Ember's Codex entry, the woman who found the Tenno is being interviewed, and when asked why children were on board, the woman responds with something to the effect of "there were no records of children being on the ship. That would be against protocol". Until now, I've been juggling a few theories that could explain this, such as time reversing for the crew while in the void and turning them into children, therefore "murdering" their adult counterparts, or perhaps 2 Zarimans from 2 separate universes, 1 with kids and 1 without, somehow passing/crossing each other into the other's world through the void, with the children and/or parents going crazy from extended direct contact with the void. It could also explain why we see the Zariman in the Duviri Paradox trailer.

However, now another theory cropped up in my mind after reading your thoughts on how time in the void could work relative to the time outside of it. Perhaps, there were indeed no children on the vessel before it entered the Void "accidentally". Perhaps they had no such real-space item to force time in the Void to behave, and as such...they spent years upon years within it, held within the grasp and influence of the MitW as he watched them. A human crew, stuck on the same ship, for years, could cause relationships to blossom out of the sheer necessity for companionship, seeing as they would have no idea when or if they'd ever escape. And as such...they had children, among each other, within the Void. No one could have possibly fathoms what the Void could do to a living organism being developed inside it from conception to birth.

This could very well have been a kind of experiment of the MitW, to see if such thing was possible, and then, once the children had grown enough, to cause an elimination of the now unneeded adults and release of the children back into the Origin System at any point in its time he so chooses. If the Orokin didn't know how unreliable the comparison of time within and without the Void was, then no wonder they'd be so baffled by children on a ship there weren't supposed to be children on, and wouldn't even consider the idea that they'd been conceived, born, and raised on it inside the Void if sufficient time hadn't passed in their system.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I get so into this kind of thing when it comes to lore 😅

Several of the kids' memories seem to come from before the accident, I'm afraid, so sadly this doesn't seem to hold water. My understanding of the line is that she specifies that it was against protocol to put children on a military ship. But the line from the second dream: "The soft lines of a hand, my mother's, I think. We were watching the stars, awaiting the jump to Tau. She was afraid." wouldn't seem to imply a military mission. So it's possible the claim that it was a Military vessel was a cover-up, as the Orokin were wont to do. After all, they weren't expecting any survivors.

However, one similar time-related theory is this: The food stocks are noted to run out. So we do know that the Tenno most likely do not need to eat (although the fact they undergo muscle degeneration in TSD would at least infer that it's healthy for them to do so). 

But how long did it take for them to figure that out?