Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think DE should stop with the new updates

(PSN)ozgurozacik

When I say DE stops with the new updates I don't mean the game shouldn't be updated anymore, of course it should but what I mean is something like Rainbow6 operation health but on a much more bigger scale. What this means is that DE should stop adding new contents in to the game for like a year and in that time they should just focus on existing contents and making them the best that they can be.

There is so much content in the game that can be improved like railjack, liches, open worlds, archwings, ESO / SO, and many more. As we all know these contents are only subpar right now.

I know what I'm proposing isn't in the best interest of DE beacause they make more money when a new content is added to the game but I think taking a year off from new contents and just improving the old ones would be much better for this games longevity.

And improving the old contents doesn't necessarily mean not adding any new staff like when they are improving Fortuna they should also add the third orb, this counts as a new content and an improvement at the same time.

So what do you guys think? Can you guys live without new content for a year for the betterment of the game? 

3 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

No

Um yes. Their game is just island inside a island inside a island. Hell even the loading screen for infested tile sets needs to be bloody fixed. WHERES SQUAD LINK? Where this rail jack that they showed and marketed, hm?? 
They need to actually fulfil their years long of promises and content first before adding anything else in.

they havnt even done the third orb mother yet they did an entire new empty island?

I have to agree it comes off pretty weird that they keep moving on to new things rather than fix existing ones. There's a whole bunch of elements players have enough problems with that they completely ignore the content, like half of fortuna, railjack, liches, all that OP mentioned i know a lot of people just straight skip

I get your idea and I do partly agree with you. There is quite a few bits of content that really do need a good looking over, Liches and Railjack for one, both systems with a ton of potential and it's just been... eh. 

Sadly though the year of reworking nearly everything likely won't happen, especially now. I can only imagine how much of a mess the coding could be for the game at this point. (Not saying it's bad programming, but adding system ontop of system is going to be damn tricky to work without breaking something else)

I do hope work on those systems continue, now that only Dur-duar-whatever is the only place left? Seems like a great time to work on things.

" fulfilling promises " Dont bring new players to the game .... new content does , and DE has the most profit from new players not veterans/regulars (a player with some experience know how to get all the plat they need so they are the less frecuent spenders ) . And yes of course .... its always the case of "i am a super veteran but i use a noob account" hahahhah i totally believe that xD

7 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

" fulfilling promises " Dont bring new players to the game .... new content does . And yes of course .... its always the case of "i am a super veteran but i use a noob account" hahahhah i totally believe that xD

Reworking old content and fulfilling old promises CAN bring in new players, if they didn't then i don't think DE would have bothered with reworking Jupiter and the corpus ship tilesets.

The problem with DE is that they make temporary content .... it should be something more focused on trade between players and open worlds as if it were a silk route .... Transport a certain amount of ores / fish / resources using railjack to such a world .... and receive a reputation as a trader with up to 30 levels of trader ... something like that more stimulating in the long run and with weekly rank levels showing who made the most commercial travel routes.

Who remember silkroad? a legendary game from south korea? Traders, hunters and thiefs....epic game!

They did work on 'old content' like for the Deadlock Protocol update, plus they did mention in a devstream somewhere that they will be working on archwing as well. I personally like how the current railjack/liches/open worlds are (wouldnt mind updates to those tho, since rj/liches are still new with plenty of potential)

36 minutes ago, (PS4)ozgurozacik said:

When I say DE stops with the new updates I don't mean the game shouldn't be updated anymore, of course it should but what I mean is something like Rainbow6 operation health but on a much more bigger scale. What this means is that DE should stop adding new contents in to the game for like a year and in that time they should just focus on existing contents and making them the best that they can be.

There is so much content in the game that can be improved like railjack, liches, open worlds, archwings, ESO / SO, and many more. As we all know these contents are only subpar right now.

I know what I'm proposing isn't in the best interest of DE beacause they make more money when a new content is added to the game but I think taking a year off from new contents and just improving the old ones would be much better for this games longevity.

And improving the old contents doesn't necessarily mean not adding any new staff like when they are improving Fortuna they should also add the third orb, this counts as a new content and an improvement at the same time.

So what do you guys think? Can you guys live without new content for a year for the betterment of the game? 

Tbh if it were any other game i might agree. With Warframe i can't though. You're asking for fixes to current content and thats actually already largely done. I've never seen a company put out so many minor / almost insignificant fixes as ive seen DE do with each update. Multiple pages filled with "Adjusted X" and "changed X to Y". All update notes should still be up here so honestly go have a look. Yes theres an argument for " should there be those bugs at launch?" but tbh, i lean towards Logic rather than knee-jerk anger. Its 2020, everywhere is f***ed, DE are doing their best stuck working from home without their best tech.

Its also worth considering that everyones "fix" is different. There is no one fix for one game. Something you may want i may not, and vice versa. Dropping a whole year of content back to 2022 for fixes you didn't realise already happen wouldn't help. Keep providing feedback, in a form of Constructive Criticism, not just pointing out flaws but providing solutions too. With video's if possible. Thats how things get fixed. Xaku's recent Round 1 changes are the ultimate testament to that.

DE can't stop adding new content as it would affect their business operations, which relies on new people buying Platinum. You can hear this straight up from Reb herself in this inverview:

Quote:

The hardest part about Warframe's life I think is the fact that it's clear from that data that Warframe needs to update to stay alive. The longer we don't update, the less people come check out the game, the less people stay in the game. 

So how do you explain to someone that you've been talking to that we will fix your bug, but we also really need to add this new thing or people won't come. And they're like, "Well, stop adding things. You should fix it." And you're like, "We have to do both."

So OP, you are requesting for DE to lose a lot of money, players, and relevance. That is not a reasonable request.

12 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

So OP, you are requesting for DE to lose a lot of money, players, and relevance. That is not a reasonable request.

while i agree for the most part, warframe is kinda getting less and less relevant.

i had a friend of mine start recently and getting all the stuff for free yes

but i as a long time player? don't play warframe at this point, i just pop in to see what the art/lore team has done cause it's the only relevant and good (imo) thing left in this game

sadly a lot of lore stuff comes past me cause i don't enjoy the game as much as before so i cant be arsed to inspect every inch of the game for hidden curiosities like kurias etc so i have to catch up on youtube

and all this lack of enjoyment is boiling down to the issue of gameplay being unengaging brainless shooting and ability pressing that makes me fall asleep in endless defence 3 waves in

gameplay and more importantly parkour was way better in updates 6-7 when i started playing.

also DE keep using camera overlays for lighting and other effects which also contributes to me not really watching where i shoot cause i cant see anything at this point anyways cause their discount overlays make my eyes bleed

scott insists that his favorite child - randomized tile order of levels - making the game less boring but lets admit that after you seen the tile 3 times you only see the route to the nearest relevant door, not the room

and other stuff i cant think of right now, if you'll excuse me i'll go prevent myself from starvation

6 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

On the other hand, consider the effect that word of mouth has. There are a great many long time players who have seen DE constantly introducing half-baked systems, poking them until they just about function on a semi-regular basis (latest example: approximately 1/3 of all corpus ship missions have a broken granum void hand, this is trivially easy to reproduce but has been left that way for more than a month now) and then completely ignoring it to leave a buggy and/or unbalanced mess in the game).

That is the impression that old players will give to new players. That the game is full of things that were never finished and don't work properly and that the devs have a lifetime habit of over promising and under delivering. See railjack tennocon compared to release, even No Man's Sky was closer to the vast overhype that preceded it... and NMS has now achieved that point while plenty of promised Warframe stuff is quite absent.

If a new player asks a vet (or a vet tells a potential newbie what it's like), do you think that impression is likely to make people play Warframe? I for one would advise any potential new players to just stay far away and find a better game.

What do you mean no more content, the game is still in beta my friend.

On a serious note, I agree that they should focus a bit more on integrating the different systems and make them actually fit together, but I also fear that the day Warframe stops shooting out new content is the day Warframe starts to die.  That's is how it's always been, and to be a f2p game that lives solely on the already existing content is basically impossible if you have close to no endgame or pvp.

Let's be real, if you are a vet (having completed everything or almost everything and on the game for years) if you are still playing that means you are already in the mindset of having to make your own goals and content. If not, yeah that's the reason why Warframe would die without new content, because it is not only made of vets and is DEFINITELY not built around them.

Personally, I would just like lore and story quests to become the main focus, because that's what I personally want from Warframe in terms of new content.

IMO they need to do 'something' because the recent update has made me NOT want to play the game.... the prior updates weren't exactly great either imo but they didn't just stop me feeling interested in playing warframe like deimos did, it totally wiped out my motivation to do anything in warframe.... 

Archived