Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Combination (Combining 2 Maxed Mods Into 1)

tkdbackkick

Me and a clanmate were talking, and we talked about this concept. What if you could combine two mods into one, to get both stats at the cost of one mod? Similiar to a nightmare mod, this new combined mod would have the stats of both mods used in the combination process. This is not FUSION or TRANSFUSION, but a new way of using mods. Below is a breakdown of the concept.

MOD COMBINATION

Process

Takes 2 maxed mods and combines them into a single mod which applies both stats to the mod. This new mod would have an equivalent point cost of 75% of the added mod cost. The mod would be renamed to reflect the two effects in the mod. The polarity would be dependent on the mod with the higher point cost.

Examples

Rifle Combined Mod

-Combine Maxed Serration (+165% Rifle Damage, 14 points, Attack polarity) + Maxed Piercing Hit (+90% Piercing Damage, 9 points, Tactic polarity) to get the mod below

Piercing Serration

Polarity = Attack (since Serration costs more points than Piercing Hit)

Stats = +165% Rifle Damge, +90% Piercing Damage

Mod Cost = 75% of the combined cost = 75% of 23 points = 17.25 points --> 17 points

Shotgun Combined Mod

-Combine Maxed Blunderbuss (+90% Crit Chance, 9 points, Attack Polarity) + Maxed Ravage (+60% crit damage, 9 points, Attack Polarity) to get the mod below

Ravaging Blunderbuss

Polarity = Attack (both combined mods are Attack polarity)

Stats = +90% Critical Chance, +60% Critical Damage

Mod Cost = 75% of combined cost = 75% of 18 = 13.5 points --> 14 points

Rifle Combined Mod

-Combine Maxed Shred (+30% Fire Rate & +1.2M puncture, 11 points, Attack Polarity) + Maxed Speed Trigger (+60% Fire Rate, 9 points, Attack Polarity) to get the mod below

Shredding Speed Trigger

Polarity = Attack (both combined mods are Attack polarity)

Stats = +90% Fire Rate, +1.2M Puncture

Mod Cost = 75% of combined cost = 75% of 20 = 15 points exactly

Pistol Combined Mod

-Combine Maxed Steady Hands (-60% Recoil, 9 points, Tactic polarity) + Maxed Quickdraw (+48% Reload Speed, 7 points, Tactic polarity) to get the mod below

Steady Quickdraw

Polarity = Tactic (both combined mods are Tactic polarity)

Stats = -60% Recoil, +48% Reload Speed

Mod Cost = 75% of combined cost = 75% of 16 points = 12 points exactly

Warframe Combined Mod

-Combine Maxed Fast Redirection (+440% Shield Capacity, 14 points, Defense polarity) + Maxed Fast Deflection (+90% Shield Recharge, 9 points, Defense polarity) to get the mod below

Deflecting Redirection

Polarity = Defense (both combined mods are Defense polarity)

Stats = +440% Shield Capacity, +90% Shield Recharge

Mod Cost = 75% of combined cost = 75% of 23 = 17.25 points --> 17 points

Details

The idea is that a player can combine any two mods, regardless of polarity or cost, to create a dual stat mod that would take up only 1 mod slot and have a 25% reduction to the mod cost. As long as the two mods apply to the same object (melee and melee, warframe and warframe, aura and aura, etc), then the mods could be combined. However the main restriction is that the mods must be MAXED and both mods are consumed into the mod in the combination process

Restrictions

While any mods can be combined, you can still only have ONE MOD OF THAT TYPE EQUIPPED. For example, if I have Piercing Serration(+piercing dmg, +rifle dmg) and Serrating Chamber (+rifle dmg, +multishot), I can only equip ONE OF THEM, as both have the Serration mod included. These new combined mods cannot be fuzed, upgraded, transfused, combined again, or SOLD. The idea is that this is the highest tier a mod can acheive, and when you spend the money to combine them, you aren't going to want to sell them either.

Cost

I wasn't really sure on what it was going to cost to combine them, as it is going to take a lot just to max each of the two mods. However, all mod interactions require credits, so ideally combining two maxed mods would require credits as well. I think the cost should be reflected by the rarity of the mods being combined as well as the point cost of the combined mods, but if DE likes this idea I'm sure they could figure it out.

Addition Thoughts

The idea behind this is to bring more dynamic customization of a weapon and its mods. While the forma do add polarity, currently you just add more and more damage to your weapon, since you only have 8 slots. However, by introducting Mod Combination you add a lot of late game customization and potential to your mod builds. Mods that are normally ignored, such as Fast Hands and Magazine Warp, now can be combined for 1 ultimate utility mod. Want Fire Speed and Reload Speed for your rifle? Combine them to get Speedy Hands. Want more armor and health for your warframe? Combine them to get Steel Vitality. The posibilities are endless and it brings all kinds of late game combinations for us as players to toy with.

Please comment on the forum. Post ideas, thoughts, opinions, but try to post things that are constructive so that we might possibly get DE's attention. If you have a criticism please post away, but try to explain your thinking. I hope you guys like this idea as much as me! :D

Hey.

big + for work into putting this together and sharing with community.

It really is well tought, not greatly OP, and you already explained ...preety much whole process.

However i think it would [again] just make us more and more powerful.

maybe if we could get real endgame, with real challenge...

Not Upvoting yet, but following thread. Need to digest.

Edited by PiotrGracz

It would require a lot of work to get the system of combining in with an ever increasing pool of mods. However, I would love if this function was implemented, it would allow for a new layer of customization without the need to add more mod slots to a weapon and the idea of customizing a weapon precisely to your tastes is quite an appealing one. 

Also as a side note, this should not be allowed to be used on mods that already have dual function like nightmare mods and corrupted mods. This way it is still infinitely useful but not absolutely broken.

Edited by Ageless_Emperion

Also as a side note, this should not be allowed to be used on mods that already have dual function like nightmare mods and corrupted mods. This way it is still infinitely useful but not absolutely broken.

Thanks for replying, and I agree. I just really liked the name of Shredding Speed Trigger, but the idea of not allowing Nightmare (or Corrupted Mods) to be combined would help to balance it out, since they both have dual stats, although the Corrupted Mods have a negative dual stat.

Ideally this combination would work only with 2 different mods, since a weapon or warframe can only equip one mod of each kind. Combining 2 Serrations, or 2 Redirections would defeat the purpose of the combination system, since that would just be upgrading the mod and not adding more customization or utility.

• 9 months later...