Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most fun frame & ability in Warframe.

StormWolf1337

Gauss brought me back to WF after getting burned out. Between the nerfs and such I've been having less fun lately but NecraMechs really changed that a lot. That Guard Mode, it's 4th ability, is just the most satisfying and fun ability in the entire game. It's already living out a bit of Mecha fantasy with the NecraMechs but Guard Mode really gives me nostalgia from the days of Macross on my Game Boy Advance SP. Plus that DPS with the extra wicked "GIVE ME THE NUMBERS MASON" levels of red crits, perfection 🤣💥

Between that and moving through missions like a heavy metal Flash at max speed with Gauss, Warframe is finally fun for me again. Deimos might be broken as hell but I can't deny that this has been the first time in months I'm actually putting time towards that bloody grind and RNG for all the new stuff. I really hope D.E gives us something more Gundam-like next. Wouldn't mind some variety from the square/chunky bois we have atm, something a bit sleeker. More 'Prime' looking I guess. And maybe release Wraith sooner, the dude looks like top ten Fashion Frame material with his default look already heh He's gonna be a new favorite.

Gonna try the Grendel Flaming Meatball combo next 😃 That new Helminth system really invites going crazy with builds on frames I've left to gather dust for ages.  But yeah, there you go, the two things to reawaken your love of Warframe and have some proper fun. Helminth too if you're able with the grind.

Recently I liked Elemental Ward Hildryn. It's just satisfying to punish enemies for daring to attack you or your allies and it fits the overall protective/protector flavor I have in my head in my opinion. I also like Gara's Splinter Storm it's fun to me to "tackle" groups of enemies to death by running into them. I also like Gauss quite a bit but havn't played him in quite a while "properly".

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I knew it will be Gauss. Too bad his shield can't protect against that piece of crap Jugulus on Deimos.

Because of course we have to focus on the meta which is strictly dps and health tanking.

In all honesty, nothing tanks it as far as I know. Maybe titania, but that's just because of her ability to cure status effects, and it can last a good few moments. My mesa can't take a full hit with shatter shield up, though I think status effects proc through it anyway. Maybe a vet can correct me.

Gauss is good all the time! He's definitely my favorite frame to play no matter what I do... except Eidolon hunts...... Maybe.

I've also finally tried Garuda recently. Very fun turning health into energy, energy into health, and seeing tons of DoT numbers fly around as every enemy bleeds. Her Bloodletting ability to sacrifice health for energy also makes it so Vazarin's healing dashes are an indirect energy source.

necramechs were the best thing of this update ive seen, yes aesthetic and design of deimos is incredible and with the hollowknight vibes it gives off with the infestation looking similar to the infection, insect infested creatures that roam deimos, and the necramechs having that wonderful nouveau design to them by default which hollow knight is heavily themed on, but nothing beats the heavy stomping power of a walking tank which the DE nailed on for the necramechs, but i do think for the skins of necramechs, i want less slimmed down and more armored bulky tank designs, the voidrig is a good design, its just the feet and the arms of the mech are kinda on the thin side and need to be more heavily armored, everything else its amazing, kinda do wish we had more easier ways to get rare mods because right now that 0.2% drop chance is absurd as heck.

Well...obligatory "It's Valkyr," since I have almost 40% playtime on her. 😂

In seriousness, people have mentioned Baruuk and Gauss here and I've heard great things about them as melee DPSers (with a Gauss Redline build I presume). I'm excited to really properly get into both of them (I hear Baruuk needs lots of forma, so here we go...).

As for frames I personally have already built into decent configurations and use regularly: after Valkyr, I think Titania is hands-down my second favorite. Lantern is an underrated CC ability and with Razorwing Blitz, she has an unholy amount of flight speed. With maxed efficiency and a good Dex Pixia build, she's quite a formidable (and fashionable) little jet fighter, fully Steel Path-capable. Most satisfying ability besides the obvious, Razorwing and its augment: Lantern.

Wisp is nice enough at lower levels - I use a 300%+ strength build - but I think I need more DR on her to avoid getting the odd toxin one-shot at higher levels (like Steel Path). She's pretty straightforward too, nothing creative, so not quite my definition of most fun (I say as I use Valkyr to punch something into oblivion for the umpteenth time...creative, sure). Breach Surge is probably her most fun ability, but I sadly don't use it often because of missing the teleport reticle with my bad aim (even with the large hitbox) and because of poor efficiency on my main build for her.

Nezha is actually really cool to me. My build involves Naramon melee combo stacking plus spamming his second ability with augment to keep health and energy up, plus Health Conversion to keep armor stacks up, combined with Firewalker and Warding Halo as expected. The balance between keeping his energy up and expending it with Chakram (and popping enemy defenses at the same time that I'm setting up to make them drop me more energy and health orbs) is sort of interesting, and he holds up decently in Steel Path survival. Could probably use more work to make him even more fun but I find it a pretty active and engaging playstyle thus far. So Chakram for him.

That's just my personal feelings, but I do suggest trying these out as they're pretty fun for me!

With helminth I've been starting to enjoy Octavia more and more due to being able to remove resonator. I just love her with Breach Surge, a perfect easy to use CC that lets you line up big kill shots on the heaviest mobs while mallet just poops on everything else. Plus you spread extra damage all around constantly. Still also loving Rev, Hildryn, Khora, Protea and Frost obviously, just more now when we can swap abilities for more personalized builds.

5 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

In all honesty, nothing tanks it as far as I know. Maybe titania, but that's just because of her ability to cure status effects, and it can last a good few moments. My mesa can't take a full hit with shatter shield up, though I think status effects proc through it anyway. Maybe a vet can correct me.

Oddly enough my Guass tanks it with Adaptation, Redirection, Umbral Vitality and an Arcane Gaurdian. Idk if it's because my battery is always running at 100% for his 2's max protection or the mods but it works. Nekros' Shield of Shadows and Nezha's Halo have been pretty solid thus far too. I prefer Gauss for Deimos though, with a Stretch his 1 just nukes everything destructible around you on impact so it's a super easy way to farm resources there by just running around like a pinball heh

4 hours ago, mysty said:

more of a wisp guy , remember you can always jump and glide :-) yes wisp can go steel path too as melee :)

I love Wisp and I want to take her on Steel Path more often but somehow I always find myself losing health. Any tips? (Running 300%+ power strength on her plus Adaptation and Umbral Vitality at the moment, no subsumed abilities on her yet.)

15 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Somehow, the Gas Proc from Jugulus in Steel Path Deimos don’t do much against a Mirage with Dark Eclipse going and that’s with no extra Survivability except for Arcane Guardian. Everytime i bring Garuda there, i would see the same Gas Proc ticking it’s damage fast.

19 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

I'm coming from a long pause but one of most fun frames for me recently is baruk.
With proper build, he reaches the kill potential of Mesa.
Yes really.

And he is infinitely more fun to use (not that mesa is unfun)

Oh man Baruuks fun. Didn’t start out that way tho. His 4s Damage output was a joke and it drastically held him back. Didn’t help that all the smooth brains kept saying “No, it makes sense for his 4 to suck. He’s a pacifist”.

Il y a 23 heures, JackHargreav a dit :

Because of course we have to focus on the meta which is strictly dps and health tanking.

In Deimos you can definitely shield tank if you use use a status immunity mechanic. I generally use carnis set, the bounties have low density, perfect for heavy attack builds but wyrm works too on them. You are not likely getting a gas proc more than once every 5 seconds.

Archived