We should be able to move the abilities we infused between setups like we can move their names and mods/ location

You can already do that but the Infused ability will stay put on the same slot. That still lets you play around with the ability across all your builds if you put it in only one config. If you put an ability only on the first config, which is what's called A by default, if you swapped C around with A, then your C config is now the first config in order, and has that infused ability, while config A is no longer the first config and therefore doesn't have the ability anymore

5 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

You can already do that but the Infused ability will stay put on the same slot. That still lets you play around with the ability across all your builds if you put it in only one config. If you put an ability only on the first config, which is what's called A by default, if you swapped C around with A, then your C config is now the first config in order, and has that infused ability, while config A is no longer the first config and therefore doesn't have the ability anymore

Well this is exactly what i want to be changed. If i have multiple set ups with different infused abilities but one the one I infused on B to be my default (A) I need to remove and re infuse 2 abilities which is super expensive for such a simple thing 

• Like 1

I understand, and I can see the room for improvement as well. I wish experimenting with abilities wasn't so expensive, though I get why they want it like that, though it still conflicts with the idea of ever wanting to experiment.

I thought up that they should change the order of operations for infusing by, rather than do ability replace select and then config select, do it like this: 

Sitting at the chair brings up a list of options between Cyst removal (maybe even manual injection option?), Infusing a Warframe, and Subsuming an available Warframe. Infuse and Subsume no longer only work on the frame you're sitting as, but will allow you to basically equip-select your Warframe from the chair. Clicking on Infuse and selecting a frame would lead to a scrolling menu with your selected Warframe's configs displayed, modding included. You select the config first, dictate which ability to replace. It keeps you at this config list, letting you choose as many of your configs and subsuming the exact abilities you want, on the precise config and ability slots you want. This way you can now also put the same ability on different configs while replacing different abilities.

Regarding cost, should your selections of multiple different ability infusions go over Helminth's secretions, it should lead to the feed menu and show you how in the red you'd have to dig out, it could be possible to go into negative %s if necessary, requiring that you would at least end at 0% or greater. Selecting what to Infuse where and feeding him if necessary, accepting will make every change in one stab.

For removal, the same deal with the scroll screen to select the configs you want to wipe rather than nuking all of that one ability off of all configs.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

I agree.

To try out an ability I out it configuration B. After deciding I liked I swapped A & B assuming the Helminth ability I added would follow.

It didn't, and I was a lil disappointed.

I can always just infuse A and given that I have the resources to do that, it's not that big of a deal. But it would be convenient, that's for sure.

• Like 1