Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did DE give any info about adding more to railjack? like e3 demonstration

redkunaz

23 minutes ago, redkunaz said:

I love railjack and it just makes me sad how simple and boring it can be... what happened to whats on the trailer... where is the boss... why are all gamemodes the same..

The only one who could answer you is from Development. We know the Command intrinsic is coming, but certainly not before HoD's secondary update. They still haven't delivered on the trailer they initially showed so we've been assuming they'll release Mk4, update liches and add a new proxima all at once. Doesn't seem realistic that any of this happens before Spring 2021, if not Summer 2021

42 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

The only one who could answer you is from Development. We know the Command intrinsic is coming, but certainly not before HoD's secondary update. They still haven't delivered on the trailer they initially showed so we've been assuming they'll release Mk4, update liches and add a new proxima all at once. Doesn't seem realistic that any of this happens before Spring 2021, if not Summer 2021

Yeah, I'm hoping for corpus railjack, command, new locations and liches actually mattering all being in one update.

Knowing DE though, that's unlikely.

4 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Yeah, I'm hoping for corpus railjack, command, new locations and liches actually mattering all being in one update.

Knowing DE though, that's unlikely.

Well credit where it's due, the Deadlock Protocol set the scene showing corpus ships being built and after Heart of Deimos gets its new kitguns, enemies, dojo stuffs it'll be a "set and forget" open world like the other two and they'll likely full throttle focus on finishing that...fingers crossed. Over time you can really see how they're intentional about making updates make sense slowly rather than all at once and the lore necessitates this approach. As fun as I also find railjack, we must be patient on the fuller vision. 

17 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

community voices hated Railjack and told DE they don’t care about updates.

community voices hated lich and told DE they don’t care about lich updates.

DE: releases content in alpha state with bare-bones features & functionality

Community: We do not like this.

DE: *surprised Pikachu face*

DE wants, or wanted at least, to make Railjack a part of The New War updates (since it won't be 1 singular story mission but rather an ongoing thing). But since coronavirus put a hold on everything along with Railjack being a maligned content island (both for being so buggy & not what was advertised), we don't know what DE is going to do with Railjack now let alone The New War stuff. 

DE has still has Command tree, Corpus, and infested railjack coming. The New War was supposed to have Railjack components, more than just Scarlet Spear, but since Covid they can't continue with The New War. 

Railjack hasn't been forgotten, but DE had to shift gears with the pandemic. And after the Scarlet Spear disaster, DE doesn't want to mess up again. 

2 hours ago, Baterial said:

it is alredy dead content and they abandoned it. They said long ago they will add missing command tree and what? it is not even thought to be added so do not think they will add dnything to it in near future

It should stay dead as well, seems like when ever they don't get things their way, they throw it away.

They are missing alot

• Kuva Lich Command Ships (AKA: Kuva Lich Rework)
  • Railjack Replacing Landing Craft 
  • Fortuna Railjack Orbit
  • PoE Railjack Orbit
  • Command Skill Tree/NPCS For Railjack
  • An actual Squad Link (not the trash they did with the event)

Keep in mind this was all shown in a "Demo" that was said that will be what RJ was SUPPOSED TO BE!, yet look at it now, left behind, cuz they where far too Ambitious on thinking what rubbish they did now will help. 

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

DE: releases content in alpha state with bare-bones features & functionality

Community: We do not like this.

DE: *surprised Pikachu face*

Community: CoNtEnT dRoUgHt!

DE: Okay, we've heard you and we're gonna release what we've been working on, even though it's not complete.

Community: DoN't CaRe! GiVe NoW!

Content: *Is Unfinished*

Community: *surprised Pikachu face*

It goes both ways, y'know.

For the record, I like Railjack. I think it shows real promise, and I would like it to be expanded.

I do think that DE likely got spooked by the initial, uh, mixed response to it from the community. To which I say, as I frequently do, screw the community. Community backlash, and the fear of community backlash, is part of why we're never getting a sensible damage/health/modding system overhaul. DE, uh, DE wussed the hell out with the implementation of the Lich system, for fear that players would drown the forums in salty boiling piss if a Lich was an active nemesis which showed up a lot and took weeks to kill.

So, with Railjack, I think DE should stick to their guns. Expand Railjack. Gate some serious content behind Empyrean missions. Do it. I genuinely think that it would be cool.

On 2020-09-12 at 10:38 PM, Corvid said:

Community: CoNtEnT dRoUgHt!

DE: Okay, we've heard you and we're gonna release what we've been working on, even though it's not complete.

Community: DoN't CaRe! GiVe NoW!

Content: *Is Unfinished*

Community: *surprised Pikachu face*

"This took two years and still busted, broken
Screech hollow hype from TennoCon, boastin' 
All but proves that the game play was
Merely simulation"

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

For the record, I like Railjack. I think it shows real promise, and I would like it to be expanded.

I do think that DE likely got spooked by the initial, uh, mixed response to it from the community. To which I say, as I frequently do, screw the community. Community backlash, and the fear of community backlash, is part of why we're never getting a sensible damage/health/modding system overhaul. DE, uh, DE wussed the hell out with the implementation of the Lich system, for fear that players would drown the forums in salty boiling piss if a Lich was an active nemesis which showed up a lot and took weeks to kill.

So, with Railjack, I think DE should stick to their guns. Expand Railjack. Gate some serious content behind Empyrean missions. Do it. I genuinely think that it would be cool.

DE: "We're releasing Empyrean!"
Community: "YES! AWESOME!"
Empyrean releases. 
Community: "What is this broken mess?"
Cue 10,000 players leaving Warframe.

45 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

DE, uh, DE wussed the hell out with the implementation of the Lich system, for fear that players would drown the forums in salty boiling piss if a Lich was an active nemesis which showed up a lot and took weeks to kill.

I can only imagine the tedious and annoying time gated horror that would have been.

Do you honestly think that would have turned out fun for anyone?

I don't expect DE to show anything until they have something of it to show.

While Deimos' numbers were utterly trash at least it actually worked to some capacity (I fully expect bugs with any new launch, I am fully aware I'm playing Warframe), which would lend credence to that theory.

The problem is that honestly no matter what DE does people are going to complain, I'm convinced that DE could put out a 100% perfect update and people would complain that X Prime frame wasn't released with it.

personally I don't think it's quite time to call it quits on Railjack just yet. not until Canada can eventually lift it's restrictions and get everyone back to the office, including DE. once they have access to their mocap studio and the rest of it, things can start looking a lot better. I do believe that somewhere down the line there will be more additions to railjack, it's just that it's gonna be a LONG time before we see it.  I really do want it to get expanded upon with a large update that gives us new maps, missions, Corpus/Infested enemies, and new game modes, and perhaps even Mk4 gear (or at least a new variety of Mk3 gear that's different to what we have now).

the real question is would the community want ti? there's myself and a few others who vocally enjoy railjack content, but it seems a lot more that just tolerate or outright hate it. and even if this update were to arrive, it would of course bring bugs, potentially recreating the same experiences we had with Railjack's initial launch; but hopefully to a lesser degree. they will also likely want to try and tie-in railjack to the rest of the game, which they have done slightly with Helminth, but they will want to deliver on the promises of Squad link, and getting Liches involved. I believe that DE want this as much as I do, it's just that it's a lot of effort for something that can quite easily blow up in their face.

I would appreciate them at least saying whether or not they are looking into more Railjack, but I get it if they are working on it in silence; this is the strategy they used for Deimos, and putting aside a few issues -mainly bugs, Conservation requirements and Necramech shenanigans - it turned out rather well. I say let them take as long as they need to get it done as well as possible. 

11 hours ago, Corvid said:

There is a grain of truth there, people indeed asked for incomplete version to be releasesd. However, noone thought the incomplete version is this bare-bones, supposedly after almost 2 years of development and hyping. Furtheremore, who is stoping DE from working on it and introduce missing features? Weren't command intrinsics and other additions promised to arrive soonTM after release? It is almost a year since this promise.

Hd Waiting GIF by moodman

39 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

supposedly after almost 2 years of development

And this is kind of disingenuous. While the time between announcement and release was 2 years, DE weren't only working on Railjack during that period. We received Fortuna, its two follow-up updates, the Jovian Concord and the Old Blood in the interim.

Likewise, DE have been releasing stuff in the year since Railjack's release (including a revision to its mechanics), but the community's immediate response to the launch version likely discouraged them. When you have a limited number of teams to split between projects (further hampered by, y'know, the current pandemic and all), you aren't going to prioritise the unpopular mode, especially since a portion of the community has stated that they won't like Railjack no matter what DE does with it.

Considering how Scarlet Spear (which released when the quarantine was announced and DE had to transition to a different workflow) came out as buggy as it did, I imagine DE are waiting until they have all hands on deck before they work on any further expansions to Railjack.

18 hours ago, Baterial said:

it is alredy dead content and they abandoned it. They said long ago they will add missing command tree and what? it is not even thought to be added so do not think they will add dnything to it in near future

Yep. Railjack is in the mass grave right next the Liches and Archwing. And probably the Necramechs will end up there as well because as fun as they are, they don't have any purpose other than being a fun little toy to play with. Which wouldn't be so bad if the mods were easy to get and they would have features like shield gating and damage absorbtion multiplier on their only defensive ability. But somehow these were left out even tho every frame has them.

And it starts to really get on my nerves how everytime they add something fun they just leave it behind and never finish it.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

but the community's immediate response to the launch version likely discouraged them

they released a broken mess that frustrated a lot of people. What response did they expect and what would encourage them?

But I can see how potentially good bits of warframen become abandoned. I know that some people like archwing, like really, people play that sh-t, but no one cared to make archwing at least decent. For example, immediate response for railjack was so that they made indicators for mod drops. No one can even see a mod drop in archwing, no one get the mods, no one play archwing because they cant, they dont have mods.

And yeah, challenging equals annoying. Railjack was experiencing this too. So they make a part of the game, and they make it annoying, and they refuse to fix it, and then they throw it away. But whats the point of this?

Are they leaning towards PoE audience where concurrent players chart is a jigsaw from zero to whatever? Well, it works for PoE somehow, but with all honesty it looks like PoE is in a lot of pain with such chart.

Are we supposed to have attention span of a gold fish, consume new unrelated content every so often and come back for new dog food regularly because... because why? Do you think this is really going to work?

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

And this is kind of disingenuous. While the time between announcement and release was 2 years, DE weren't only working on Railjack during that period. We received Fortuna, its two follow-up updates, the Jovian Concord and the Old Blood in the interim.

At no point did I deny parallel content development. However, even multitasking is not an excuse for RJ, especially since they were multitasking on it for a long long time.

18 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Likewise, DE have been releasing stuff in the year since Railjack's release (including a revision to its mechanics), but the community's immediate response to the launch version likely discouraged them. When you have a limited number of teams to split between projects (further hampered by, y'know, the current pandemic and all), you aren't going to prioritise the unpopular mode, especially since a portion of the community has stated that they won't like Railjack no matter what DE does with it.

The point I was trying to make is, RJ is unpopular because there is not much to it. If in restaurant waiter brings you a tomato, grated cheese and flour will you be frustraited because you got an unfinished product or beause it is supposed to be a pizza?
Of course there will be a number of players who will show distaste towards RJ. Thematically space ships and space combat make sense in a sci-fy setting, however gameplay-wise there is a huge stretch between fast paced combat on foot and dog fights in space. I suppose, the initial idea was to speak to a broader audience and attract new player typs. Unfortunately, the big brain behind this idea skipped class when it was taught, that this strategy creates a highly inhomogeneous community, where each part requires its own attetion and is not suited for products with a long development cycle on updates. RJ project was with 1 feet in its grave, solely due to its concept; it had a chance if its release were good, but it wasn't. In short, RJ manifests debatable concept & bad execution.

Archived