Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience.

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

EDIT: This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo. Just a clarification, I'm not saying you have to play with bad Limbos or stay and teach them because you're host. But don't assume Limbo = troll as soon as you see one ( before they even had any chance to do anything)

Still? What is it 2017? I guess old habits die hard. 
I still kinda dislike sing limbo tbh, although that frame evolved in powerful and useful tool in many scenarios.

Still, he kinda prefer working alone. Not that he needs anyone. When we do excavation we leave him to his devices to defend alone and rest of team goes to another one. 

Reasons would be.

1 games not hard and missions have 0 risk of failure.

2 limbos kit turns the game off making the already easy mission into a waiting simulator.

He’s not the only frame that does this. The big aoe frames that wipe 3 rooms away are just as bad. Only difference is they gave at lest some hope you’ll find a guy and have something to do.

Its not about you.  Its about me and my needs.  Simply because he is powerful, doesn't mean I want to see him. But its not exclusive to limbo.

I've aborted if 

• there is a saryn/mesa/baruuk/etc mass killer when I need to the kills
  • there is not a saryn/mesa/baruuk/etc mass killer when I would like teammates to kill
  • there is a speed nova when for some reason I want enemies slow
  • there is a slow nova when I wanted them fast
  • there is a frost putting bubbles up all over the place
  • there is a leech standing in the corner doing nothing
  • I brought the wrong loadout from what I meant to.
  • I accidently selected the wrong mission.

basically if there is a squad composition that I don't like for whatever reason I may have at the time, I leave. Sometimes I like seeing limbo, sometimes not. and if not, I'm out.

TL;DR; - I'll leave when I want and if you're a limbo don't take it personally - I may have left because of someone else in the squad. Or, if you do want to think the world revolves around you, feel free to take it personally. 🤣 

I know this feel. You know that Cambion Drift mission where you have to kill things inside a perimeter? People blamed me and left for making it go on too long despite my bubble being smaller than the perimeter 99% of the time. And I got called trash for 'tryibg to teach them how to play the game' when I pointed out Mesa was killing stuff outside the perimeter.

Like I get it? Huge bubble Limbo on a small defence map is annoying. Players who don't have the duration mods so they don't last long enough before popping are also annoying.

But not every Limbo are those Limbos.

I never leave groups when I see a Limbo. I only leave groups when I see a max range and duration Cataclysm.

the wire laugh GIF

(Same goes for Novas turning out to be Slovas, Wisps who place Shock Mote, max range and duration Vaubans, Khoras who put down a huge Strangledome and then don't use their Whip on it and any other large scale CC being used when not needed just to slow down the mission immensly.)

If youre Limbo main just play alone, the community in general has a history of being stupid and overly hostile even when you never use your powers.

Limbo is effectively the lightning rod for the communities disfunctional behavior. 

Also why are you in a random party as Limbo?

They will get in your way 9 out of 10 times.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

If youre Limbo main just play alone, the community in general has a history of being stupid and overly hostile even when you never use your powers.

Limbo is effectively the lightning rod for the communities disfunctional behavior. 

Also why are you in a random party as Limbo?

They will get in your way 9 out of 10 times.

Do you remember when Limbos were camping lifts so you are stuck there till they got bored or you left? I do.... You know where is smoke there is fire. There is a reason for everything.

3iwl1b.png

I just hate all limbo except min range cataclysm in mobile defense. I usually leave or go afk. You may be right that not everyone is the same but it requires some investment to find out and for most public group activities I‘m not willing to spend my time to find out.

Unless its actually challenging, as in, Steel Path or 3rd stage sortie, or you're planning on going for an hour in an excavation arbitration, his nuisance factor doesn't pay itself off.

Now saying all of this, I still don't leave whenever I'm banished or see cataclysm, I just sigh, leave his massive neverending bubble and go kill everything before it even makes it to the cata.

It isn't just Limbo, MOST CC is an inefficiency 90% of the time, the problem with Limbo is that all of his abilities are about putting S#&$ in the rift. Nyx can just spam psychic bolts. Rhino doesn't have to stomp every time he has 100 energy. Zephyr probably doesn't use her 4 anyways.

What is limbo gonna do?

Exactly.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

if you do want to think the world revolves around you, feel free to take it personally. 🤣 

I didn't make this post after getting host migrations twice in a row. I made it after getting host migrations in row for weeks. I've been playing with other frames for a long time and know very well how frequently people leave before you finish loading in the mission.

1 minute ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I didn't make this post after getting host migrations twice in a row. I made it after getting host migrations in row for weeks. I've been playing with other frames for a long time and know very well how frequently people leave before you finish loading in the mission.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

If it happens to you so much, its in your power to prevent it: don't play public, or don't play limbo. 

5 minutes ago, Vajet said:

I just hate all limbo except min range cataclysm in mobile defense. I usually leave or go afk. You may be right that not everyone is the same but it requires some investment to find out and for most public group activities I‘m not willing to spend my time to find out.

MobDef Limbo is perfectly fine, acceptable usecase.

seal_of_approval-reb6cb00765eb49c385b747

51 minutes ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience.

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

No. Dont bring limbo and i wont leave.

Limbo is a pain in the ass and while you are within your rights to play him I am within my rights to not play with him. He adds the opposite of value in a game where the only 'difficulty' is how fast can you kill everything.

I haven't abandoned a mission with a Limbo in it because I'm not a baby but I have never gone more than 5 minutes in an endless mission with a Limbo. I also won't stay in a mission with a Nekros who is using his 4.

Archived