Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

Troll limbo are not an extinct species, nor are bad/stupid limbos, which can be just as disruptive.

Also yes, you CAN spend some time telling every limbo you encounter how to play their frame, potentially starting arguments no matter how cordial you're  trying to appear. But you can also leave, be at the same point in a new game 20 seconds later without having to deal with any of that.

Limbo is not essential for anything, his kit is mostly there for stalling the opponent. Considering most of the objectives are based around dealing either high single target damage or group damage, the amount of usefull work he gets done (outside of mobile defense and scarlet spear) is fairly low. I wouldn't consider him "one of the best frames in the game" just because he has CC and survivability.

Ultimately, I rarely leave when I see a Limbo, but I do understand why many would. But be sure that if you've delayed the mission for no reason, if I'm in position to drop the host migration on you, I will. If you wanna play him in public setting, better make sure you know real well what you're doing or have a rock solid internet.

POV: Limbo sees you leave the squad.

sukts2jpydl51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I never play limbo so I never have this problem & I never leave a squad if it has a limbo, I never do public missions other than cap & exter fissures so never been a problem ive had. 🤷‍♂️

If you for some reason join a pub mission of any kinda which idk why u would & theres a limbo with max range and duration cataclysm or limbo is just staying in the rift leeching then ye I see why people leave.

If people just leave any mission because it HAS a limbo in it & he is not using bubble or not leeching in the rift & leaving on the pure fact that there is a limbo in the squad is sus imo.

Limbo is just not a fun frame to be around.

When I play him, it's exclusively on solo missions, I used to bring him to public syndicate survival missions to break containers, but Xaku is much better at this now.

(All of this is assuming you didn't add any new abilities to Limbo and you're playing on Public matchmaking):

Exterminate: Why are you playing Limbo? Are you still ranking him? If no, you have brought a frame that contributes nothing, but it's ext so it's fine.

Capture: Capturing the target in the rift is pretty safe, good choice, but any frame can just switch to kiddo and do it in void mode.

MDef: You just made it impossible to fail the mission, this is also super boring and the only reason I don't tab out is because I don't want to get reported for being AFK.

Def: CC got replaced by just nuking everything to death, even a small range Limbo would be better off playing a Nuker or Buffer. If it's high range it's awful. Most often a pub def Limbo rolls once in the mission and is then done touching their keyboard.

Surv: No!

Defection: Hell yeah, Limbo is here! Together with Wisp this will be quick and painless! (I hate this mission so removing the fail condition is fine for me this once).

Infested Savalge: Oops I forgot to set it to solo.

Bounties: Never pub, I didn't abort because of Limbo.

Spy: Add Untraceable to your Parazon and you have the best Spy Frame in the game, good choice! (But I don't pub this either).

Disruption: I never encountered a Limbo there, but I guess the demolyst will just dispell your Cataclysm and Rift Roll as soon as they touch it.

Excavation: I prefer Frost, but it's okay if it's min rift.

Kuva Surv: Same as above.

@Reborefor me it's more like, wait for the game to unfreeze (a thing after Heart of Deimos) then watch your allies hang in air for a few more seconds. Then get the expected host migration attempt. Back at your orbiter, now try again lol. I'm just tired of playing solo tbh. Sometimes the mission goes faster cause more enemy spawns (all Deimos bounties etc). And it doesn't feel lonely.

19 minutes ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

@Reborefor me it's more like, wait for the game to unfreeze (a thing after Heart of Deimos) then watch your allies hang in air for a few more seconds. Then get the expected host migration attempt. Back at your orbiter, now try again lol. I'm just tired of playing solo tbh. Sometimes the mission goes faster cause more enemy spawns (all Deimos bounties etc). And it doesn't feel lonely.

True, for some reason squads in Deimos was messed up & still seems to be messed up. I am just glad I did it solo which it was lonely lol but I just went on grind mode to just get it over with & get back to relics.

The new Limbo is boring. Stop time + Cataclysm should never be allowed.

The problem with Limbo before the Rework, was BANISH and DE didn't change that...

Instead, they create a much more problematic skill, the 3.

The "tap tap jump to limbo" infuriates me. (bring back WALK, plz!)

--- Stop time is cool... but not on Limbo. Try Nyx or Protea!

Btw, Old Limbo was my most beloved warframe! RIP

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

The new Limbo is boring. Stop time + Cataclysm should never be allowed.

The problem with Limbo before the Rework, was BANISH and DE didn't change that...

Instead, they create a much more problematic skill, the 3.

The "tap tap jump to limbo" infuriates me. (bring back WALK, plz!)

--- Stop time is cool... but not on Limbo. Try Nyx or Protea!

Btw, Old Limbo was my most beloved warframe! RIP

I've been using Limbo since the early, early days, have almost 10% useage on my profile or a little more I think, my go to for defense, mobile defense, etc, since forever. 

How can you miss the old Limbo?

Don't get me wrong, the rework didn't solve the issues of him often feeling anti-coop to a segment of players, but it definitely improved him. 

I used to have to spend energy and a whole ability just to get into and out of the rift. Getting drops in rift was nightmare and people hated you for that alone so much Limbo was seen as literal cancer. Then the original Stasis had issues, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when they first added Stasis. 

I still don't care for the new Rift Surge, I understand the uses it has with Cataclysm to maintain protection while it's down but that's pretty much it, I liked the old damage buff I will admit that, but overall I would say Limbo is definitely still in a better place. 

I rarely play Limbo in public as I have had people quit missions far too many times without giving me a chance, and I don't mean it could have been another reason, I mean people saying "Limbo" or "ew Limbo" before I used an ability and then quitting the mission. This has always been the bane of Limbo users existence. Even if you know how to play almost perfectly coop wise with Limbo without other play coordination, a lot of people will not even give you a chance. Unless it is high level mobile defense where Limbo tends to be more appreciated, I just rarely bother using him outside of solo. It's unfortunate, because I think he has one of the coolest kits in the game, but I think the issue is that Limbo's design, no matter how much they mess with it, will be beneficial to organized groups who want to make us of his Rift, but usually detrimental in some way to others who were not planning said strategy. He just doesn't lend that well to random public missions as he requires squads to understand what he is doing and work with it or around it, even if it's a "good Limbo". 

I wish people would stop leaving missions with a Limbo in them, but we also cannot blame players for bad design. 

1) I don't like limbo

2) I want to be in control of which enemy I kill and when. Limbo grey dimension of no fun allowed does not let me do that, no matter the tweaks DE made to it.

3) limbo cataclysm hurts my eyes, one thing many people forget. But apparently choosing a bright energy color to mess with those who have sensitive eyes and modding for high range, is a thing among limbo users.

No matter how op paints it, nothing other than removing limbo from the game, will make me stop leaving missions when I see a limbo.

5 minutes ago, NetworkGuy said:

I just left a Mobile Defense mission earlier today because of a Limbo. Why?

Because we had not even moved from the starting point and already everyone was in Limbo. 

If you are going to do that, consider soloing missions.

Okay yeah that's not okay. 

As a proud fan of Limbo for any time a bubble needs to be popped over an objective, it is exactly that kind of Limbo that gives all us other Limbo's a black eye. 

I just dont understand why people play Limbo to begin with. He brings nothing to the team really since it is all pure CC, may aswell take Khora or Vauban if you wanna go the CC route, since both also deal massive AoE damage and are non-intrusive for the group. Limbo is just like old spamshee, slowing down missions to a crawl, missions we just want to end as fast as possible.

Do people really find a viable point in using CC?

Blame the players, not the frame... If he's doing anything right then you have a garenteed mission success (and actual mobs to kill for once). If he's doing it wrong call him out, you would be surprised at the amount of misinformation in the "community", they will appreciate being corrected. 

In the rare case he's an actual troll or just a self entitled little flower... Welp, it should be clear early enough that restarting the mission won't be a big thing (even better if you are the host). 

Just... Don't judge a player before you see what he can do. They might surprise you. 

16 hours ago, Askell91 said:

Do you remember when Limbos were camping lifts so you are stuck there till they got bored or you left? I do.... You know where is smoke there is fire. There is a reason for everything.

3iwl1b.png

Do you remember when max duration Nyxes would mind control the last targets every round so there was nothing you can do?

Where you there for for the slew of high duration/ low power strength inaros set ups for his 2 so hed burn huge amounts of time and never kill that final mob?

Anyone remember switch teleport lokis dropping you off cliffs so youd lose your buffs?

Anyone remember vaubans straight up stopping full teams for ever getting to the mission objective

Slowvas purposefully slowing full waves after waves

Novas spamming thier teleport through small hallways leading to the objective

That smoke saying is bs, numerous frames can do things like this but the community choses to ignore them and attack Limbo. 

If it wasnt for that guy last winter accidentally admitting he makes up S#&$ about limbos to garner sympathy id feel a little more sympathy but i dont.

Not anymore.

4 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Troll limbo may be dead, annoying limbo is still alive and kicking.

Actually i would say troll limbo is still in full effect. Only limbo can get enemies out of the rift after all. Only limbo can stand in the rift and never take damage while afk.

As for leaving missions, i will leave defense missions if a slow nova is present. I just dont want the mission to be slowed down usually.

4 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience.

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

EDIT: This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo. Just a clarification, I'm not saying you have to play with bad Limbos or stay and teach them because you're host. But don't assume Limbo = troll as soon as you see one ( before they even had any chance to do anything)

soldier406266-prints.jpg

Archived